Closing????

rob_hanson1979
George

Re: Closing????

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

So is it basically confirmed that the show is closing in Hartford? I would consider buying a ticket to the last show and making a weekend of it. but I don't want to play a weekend in Hartford to find out the the tour is adding more dates.
So basically... are you guys all buying tickets to the last Hartford show with the expectation that it's the last one?
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

rob_hanson1979 wrote:So is it basically confirmed that the show is closing in Hartford? I would consider buying a ticket to the last show and making a weekend of it. but I don't want to play a weekend in Hartford to find out the the tour is adding more dates.
So basically... are you guys all buying tickets to the last Hartford show with the expectation that it's the last one?
I have, but I have family and friends in West Hartford to visit as well.
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

I have tickets for the last 5 shows.in Hartford - Sun eve (if it is the final performance) I have a second row seat
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

I'd love to see it continue of course. But if that's the end of BE in north america, I'd like to be there.
Mactor17
Small Boy

Post by Mactor17 »

I bought the final 4 shows in Hartford but have to work Monday so not sure if I can stay for the final show. If it is closing I will probably try to stay.
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

rob_hanson1979 wrote: So basically... are you guys all buying tickets to the last Hartford show with the expectation that it's the last one?
Yes, but like kport, I would go anyway, even if it's not the last show. I grew up not far from here and use to go to the Bushnell on school field trips so it's a bit of a homecoming for me.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

rob_hanson1979 wrote:So is it basically confirmed that the show is closing in Hartford? I would consider buying a ticket to the last show and making a weekend of it. but I don't want to play a weekend in Hartford to find out the the tour is adding more dates.
The cast seems to be under the impression that the show is closing in Las Vegas on May 19, based on what several of them told me last month. See my post below from this thread on December 8:
Todd wrote: Then tonight I was visiting with one of the cast members of the tour show in Fayetteville, AR. He mentioned that he planned to be with the show until it closed . . . in May. I said, "You mean June ?" He said, "No, we've been told that Las Vegas is our last stop on the tour before the show closes."
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Then don't buy a ticket, Todd. 8-)

But there has been no official news of the tour closing early, and the Bushnell is still selling tickets.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

Ticketmaster is also selling tickets for the Grand Rapids, MI tour stop, which comes after Las Vegas. Lots of good seats up front available.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Perhaps the Grand Rapids/Hartford dates are to 'wind up' contracts and bring the tour, as it concludes, closer to Manhattan, from where it started?

Or, perhaps these dates were chosen to keep the production ticking over for the (as yet unannounced) start of the next leg of the Tour, in September? Summers can be notoriously quiet months for theater.

I can think of no other possibility, unless the idea is to return the production - physically - to end its run near Manhattan.

In my world of optimism, I would be happy if it returned - permanently - to run again on Broadway!

(I wonder why it never went to the Schubert in New Haven? An extended summer run there (like Boston last summer) would have done well.)

(I have also wondered why a slightly scaled down (in terms of stage size) version has not been attempted for the widely popular and lucrative summer stock theatres, such as The Oqunquit Playhouse, The North Shore Music Theater, The Goodspeed Opera House, The College Light Opera Company, and the like, to tide the cast and crew over during the leaner summer months? Billy Elliot would be wildly popular at these oversubscribed venues.)

Return to “International Tour Archive”