Vacations Around New York City That Include Billy Elliot

Questions about tickets, seating and accessibility
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Re: Vacations Around New York City That Include Billy Elliot

Post by accessmenj »

Looking at Colonial Williamsburg, it looks like a great Vacation/Billy Elliot trip from anywhere in the country, especially airports served by Airtran. A typical example would be a flight from Los Angeles (LAX) to Williamsburg (PHF), then an end-of- vacation flight to New York (LGA) to see one or more shows, then a return flight to LAX . Lots of seats available with an advanced purchase cost of $412 or less total for all the flights. Williamsburg is perfect for Fall or the Holiday season. Nearby Virginia Beach is a personal favorite in September or October. And a Billy Elliot "hit" on the way home! This is the perfect way to get over your depression about the long wait until BETM comes to your town!
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

accessmenj wrote: Nearby Virginia Beach is a personal favorite in September or October.
Yes, that time is a personal favorite of mine too because most of the tourists are gone and it won't take me forever to get home from work. ;)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

accessmenj wrote:Looking at Colonial Williamsburg, it looks like a great Vacation/Billy Elliot trip from anywhere in the country, especially airports served by Airtran. A typical example would be a flight from Los Angeles (LAX) to Williamsburg (PHF), then an end-of- vacation flight to New York (LGA) to see one or more shows, then a return flight to LAX . Lots of seats available with an advanced purchase cost of $412 or less total for all the flights. Williamsburg is perfect for Fall or the Holiday season. Nearby Virginia Beach is a personal favorite in September or October. And a Billy Elliot "hit" on the way home! This is the perfect way to get over your depression about the long wait until BETM comes to your town!
As I said on the previous page, however, better hurry and do the trip this fall, because Air Tran is pulling out of PHF in March, according to last night's news. :( Of course, there is always Norfolk or Richmond to fly to.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Fanatic
Small Boy

Post by Billy Fanatic »

ERinVA wrote:As I said on the previous page, however, better hurry and do the trip this fall, because Air Tran is pulling out of PHF in March, according to last night's news. :( Of course, there is always Norfolk or Richmond to fly to.
Air Tran leaving Newport News isn't the only development that will impact direct Hampton Roads (Norfolk-Virginia Beach-Newport News-Williamsburg) - New York City service. US Airways is swapping 132 of its landing/takeoff slot pairs at LaGuardia for 48 of Delta's at Reagan Washington National. There is no requirement that Delta maintain US Airways current schedule to LaGuardia, including its 7 weekday (6 Sunday, connecting Saturday) roundtrips from/to Norfolk-LaGuardia. This could very well require a change of planes for Hampton Roads-New York City flights and likely be much more expensive. (For comparison, Richmond-New York flights, including Air Tran's, often are double or more the price of Hampton Roads - New York flights.) For my upcoming October Billython, my already booked US Airways Norfolk-LaGuardia roundtrip is relatively safe as the swap won't yet be in place. But it looks like it's possible that for any Billythons that I and others from the Hampton Roads area do next year (and hopefully beyond) just might be by traveling the rails of Amtrak instead of flying the blue skies.
Billy Fanatic
"Normal not to be normal"

BROADWAY - 19:
Billy: Alex K. x3, Giuseppe x1, Jacob x2, Joseph x5, Julian x2, Myles x1, Peter x4, Tade x1
Michael: Cameron x7, Jack x5, Jake S. x2, Neil x5
Debbie: Georgi x5, Lilla x14
Small Boy: Alex D. x10, Seth x3, Zachary x6
Tall Boy/Posh Boy: Ben x12, Giuseppe x1, Joseph x2, Julian x2, Myles x1, Tade x1

TOUR - 3
RICHMOND, VA:

Billy: Ben x1, Drew x1, Noah x1
Michael: Jake K. x1, Sam x2
Debbie: Samantha x3
Small Boy: Cal x3
Tall Boy/Posh Boy: Jake K. x2, Sam x1
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

I live on Long Island just 15 minutes from JFK, 37 minutes' train ride into Manhattan and I can further attest to the awesomeness of the Northeast United States. Those of us who live in the NYC area probably visit more states on average than most everyone else in the country because so many states are in this region. PA, NJ, CT and MA are easy getaways, but once you've done those, you also want to explore ME, VT (I go once or twice a year), NH and RI, not to mention MD, WV, DE, DC and NC (here too 2-3 times a year starting this year).

Some of Long Island's beaches and towns are the nicest in the entire country, so you should consider exploring it more. Any fellow Friends Of Michael out there :lol: will love Fire Island too, which you can get to by taking the Long Island Rail Road from Penn Station to Sayville station (around $20 round trip). There are vans and taxis ready all the time ($12-15 round trip) to take you to the ferries ($20 tops round trip). So if you don't mind building in 4 hours of travel time for the day and around $50 travel expenses, you can find yourself in a really beautiful and fun island off the coast of Long Island.

There's also Summer Getaway trips that the Long Island Rail Road offers on special trains that head east as far out as Montauk point. Lots and lots of beautiful destinations on and around Long Island.

If anyone has any questions about sites/destinations on Long Island, please feel free to PM me anytime.

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Major LOL at the "Friends Of Michael" line. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:/
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

Come on, San Francisco! You have a unique opportunity. See the tour at home, vacation on Long Island and catch the Broadway version. In fact, anyone around the country can have a fantastic trip and catch BETM in two different cities.

http://www.discoverlongisland.com/

Vacation on Fire Island if you like beach and nightlife. You don't need to be gay to enjoy Fire Island, just accepting of others.

http://www.fireisland.com/

Thanks angelenroute, for the great idea.
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

History buffs and leaf-peepers! Take a week vacation in the Boston area, with lots to see and do. Fly home by way of New York and catch a few shows of BETM.

Total airfare from Los Angeles can be under $700 mid-week.
Total airfare from Chicago can be under $500 mid-week.

The best part of a BETM hit at the end of the vacation is that it takes the depression away from the end of your vacation. I have actually looked forward to my heading home when the trip includes this great show.
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

Starting September 6th, 2011 , the new schedule allows you to fly, train or bus into New York City on any Tuesday for shopping and/or sightseeing, and catch the 7:00PM Billy Elliot The Musical. You can head home late, or, even better, stay one night and see the second show at 2:00PM Wednesday. That's a pretty great time for only one overnight.
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

Check this out. If you own a RV, you can camp in NYC while you attend BETM.

Many here ask where to camp/park in big cities. Well now you can camp
in Brooklyn at an NPS facility.
http://www.nps.gov/gate/planyourvisit/c ... ateway.htm
No hookups, only six RV sites, at a former airfield on Jamaica Bay.

The Park Service shares the park with a police helicopter base and a
training center for garbage-truck drivers. But, hey, it's only 15
minutes from Times Square and $20 a night.

Thirty-six tent sites also available. What a unique vacation!

Return to “Ticketing & Theatre information - Broadway”