What movies did you see recently?

For off-topic content
JohnH
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Re: What movies did you see recently?

Post by JohnH »

Watched Dead Poets Society yesterday (again!) :)
Lina
Small Boy

Post by Lina »

JohnH wrote:Watched Dead Poets Society yesterday (again!) :)
That movie is so good! I just love it, and always cry :oops:
~ July 24, 2008; Billy Elliot! ~
Alex
Ballet Girl

Post by Alex »

Not entirely sure if this counts, but I saw about 20 minutes of The Day After Tomorrow the other evening. Not even from the beginning, I just switched it on mid-way through. Now obviously, I can't speak for the entire film, but the part I saw contained some of the cheesiest clichéd lines I'd ever heard in a 'thriller'. It was like the script writer was playing 'how many clichés can I get onto five pages of script'
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."

Pratchett.
iandewaruk
Audience Member

Post by iandewaruk »

Marley and Me-last week-boy is that one sad movie-left me upset for days afterwards(being a dog owner myself)
Saw Monsters v Aliens in digital 3d widescreen yesterday and loved it-Its just SO godd and the effects are amazing
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

I watched the film 'The Boy in the Striped Pyjama's' last night.

WOW! I am still stunned!

The 200+ audience left shocked and in silence, many in tears.

It's not a film that I could say I enjoyed, but I am so glad I saw it.
It is disturbing, shocking, emotional, thought provoking and an important historical reminder.

Probably the saddest film I've ever seen. :?
EddieM
Small Boy

Post by EddieM »

Yes, Muppet, I was also stunned by The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. Thought it was done very well. Very disturbing. But it's still bothering me.

Also THANK YOU SO MUCH for Slumdog Millionaire! I thought I was the only one in the world who didn't like this film! :roll:
It was just OK. I don't know why it won all the awards.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I'm agreeing with you and Muppet, Eddie. I enjoyed Slumdog Millionaire, but can't for the life of me see why it won Best Picture plus whatever else. :?
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
NIKKIE-NIKKIE
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by NIKKIE-NIKKIE »

Duplicity........ save your money !
Take life with a pinch of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

ERinVA wrote:I'm agreeing with you and Muppet, Eddie. I enjoyed Slumdog Millionaire, but can't for the life of me see why it won Best Picture plus whatever else. :?
It's strange isn't it, loads of people told me that they had been very moved emotionally by 'Slumdog' but I wasn't really at all...although I can understand why they might. However, 'Boy in the Striped Pyjamas' left me absolutely stunned. I have never been so affected by a movie as this. I will have to buy the book to read. The ending was very unexpected and I couldn't sleep for a while afterwards thinking about how awful the gas chambers were. Terrible atrocities. :?
Alex
Ballet Girl

Post by Alex »

Does anyone else reckon that those Lord of the Rings films are a work of genius? Watched 'Fellowship' tonight and I have never ever known three hours to pass that quickly! Not during a film, at any rate (I usually get bored of films if they're over an hour long and/or completely rubbish)

Moria is easily my favourite section - does anyone else get that fantastic feeling? That mixture of total isolation and suspense, and something else I can't quite identify. As if you're there with the heros in that god-foresaken hell-hole. And there are all those little stories that go with the main quest! The dwarves who went too deep into the mountain and awakening the Balrog - how utterly cool is that?! I was writhing in my seat with excitement! And the fight between Gandalf and the thing later on . . . I had hairs going up on the back of my neck that are usually reserved for Electricity (in Billy) and Defying Gravity (in Wicked)!

Ah, what I wouldn't give to be able to go back in time and see it in the cinema for the first time, all over again . . . there's nothing like seeing a great film in a cinema.

Gonna watch The Two Towers tomorrow - watch this space! :D
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."

Pratchett.

Return to “General Chat”