Re: What movies did you see recently?

Post by sfo »

i saw the new star trek movie last Friday, good movie will cool graphics
Alex
Ballet Girl

Alex finally saw Twilight . . .

Post by Alex »

Teenage girls, brace yourself for Alex's No Punches Pulled Review of Twilight
(Seriously, if this is your favourite film, stop reading. Now.)

Truth be told, my expectations were never exactly high. I sort of guessed that it would be a teenage girl thing. Boy meets girl. Girl likes boy. Boy likes girl. Boy doesn't want to be with girl because . . . he's a vampire. I see. Not a lot of original stuff going on here. I can't actually remember the end of the film (there was a lot of violence, involving two groups of vampires, but I can't remember why they did it), because I was a bit busy smashing my head against the nearest wall in frustration. The acting was that bad. The girl in particular delivered all of her lines in exactly the same way - eyes half-closed, as if she was a bit bored and had had a late night. I'm not going to pin the blame solely on the actors, because I'm nice like that. The fact is that they didn't have that much to work with - the script was diabolical. Abysmal trashy stuff. Film-viewer's poison! And that horrendous bit where he caught the apple and held it out to her like on the cover of the book? Bleugh . . . I was stifling the urge to puke all the way through. The actual concept isn't really that bad (if seriously clichéd - I mean, vegetarian vampires, how many times has that been done?) but it's so poorly executed.

You might think 'Well Alex, surely it wasn't that bad to put up with teenage rubbish for 90-100 minutes." It goes on for two hours!! I'll never get that time back!! I can't say anything else about it, partly because I don't want to offend anyone (else), but mainly because my brain's exploded.

And so endeth the Rant.
*Alex goes back to his corner, and awaits the flames*
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."

Pratchett.
bubsycm
Debbie

Post by bubsycm »

I kinda agree about Twilight. But I'm also a fan. It's a weird one. I've read the books and I really liked them, but at the same time I think they're not that good and are really badly written! Better than the film though. The film cut too much out, it needed to be about 4 hours to work!

Last film I saw at the cinema was... probably 17 again! I'm going to see Is Anybody There? on Thursday. Bill Milner is such a cute kid.
Charlotte x
bubsycm
Debbie

Post by bubsycm »

Haha, just read my post back. I am aware I have the same taste as a teenage girl! :lol: 25 isn't that far off teenager though.............
Charlotte x
sfo
George

Post by sfo »

i watched the first Night at the Museum film the other day on TV, it was a good movie, i might go and see the new one at Cinema soon
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Yesterday I went to see UP, the new Disney/Pixar animated film. Saw the 3D version. The animation is gorgeous, and the story is very sweet. As the owner of a dog who is completely obsessed with balls, I found the dogs in the film absolutely hilarious. Go see UP. You'll enjoy it. As for the 3D, not all that necessary, but it did give the animation a bit more depth.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
be inspired_*
Small Boy

Post by be inspired_* »

I saw Night at the museum 2 the other day and I really enjoyed it. I would say it is as good as the first one. I would definetley recommend it. :D
Lauren_*
13/04/06-Leon Cooke
24/08/06-Colin Bates
22/11/06-Liam Mower
22/09/07-Layton Williams
29/03/08-Sam Angel
12/05/09-Ollie Gardner
bubsycm
Debbie

Post by bubsycm »

Last films I saw at the cinema were Is Anybody There? and Tormented. Is Anybody There? was good. Tormented was... hmmm, well I quite enjoyed it but only because it was really funny! It wasn't meant to be funny though. The dialogue was awful and the dead boy was not scary.
Charlotte x
billybuddies4eva
Tall Boy

Post by billybuddies4eva »

I saw Coraline of Saturday, very good animation, amazing in 3D :mrgreen: . Quite dark and creepy, but I loved it though as it was my type of movie, quirky and unusual.

Corey x3 Layton x3 Josh x2 Tanner x3 Brad x2 Hogan x1 Sam x1 Liam x1 Travis x1 Ollie x2 Fox 1 Trent x0.5 Davidx0.5

Shaun x4 Jonty x3 George x3 Ryan x2 Dean x2 Daniel x2 George x3 Brad x1 Jake x2 Keane x1 Connor x1
NIKKIE-NIKKIE
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by NIKKIE-NIKKIE »

be inspired_* wrote:I saw Night at the museum 2 the other day and I really enjoyed it. I would say it is as good as the first one. I would definetley recommend it. :D

That good as I am going to see it Saturday :D
Take life with a pinch of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.

Return to “General Chat”