Tickets Only Available Until December 31

Questions about tickets, seating and accessibility
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tickets Only Available Until December 31

Post by porschesrule »

With all the discussions about Toronto closing and the Tour being in hiatus, has anyone noticed that tickets for BETM Broadway are only currently available until December 31st.

While I realize they release blocks of tickets for several months at a time, this is almost September. Is this another sign of the economic times that, because of the much lower grosses/% of seats filled for the show than in years past, the producers are taking more of "wait and see" attitude before releasing tickets beyond the end of this year?

http://www2.broadwayworld.com/grossessh ... %20MUSICAL

By comparison, the London show, in its 6th year, has tickets available through December 15 of 2012.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tickets Only Available Until December 31

Post by ERinVA »

I don't think anyone on here can answer that question with any authority, so unless we have some kind of official confirmation from a public source about when/if tickets will be extended, we will have to wait to see what will happen.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Brad
George

Post by Brad »

porschesrule wrote:By comparison, the London show, in its 6th year, has tickets available through December 15 of 2012.
Can I just surmise and without any authority or proof that I would think this is because fo the Olympics being in town in 2012. Seems it would be silly not to have a show that is so successful running when that kind of tourist dollar is available.
Cheers

Brad
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I agree that the London show is probably expecting a boost from the Olympics.
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

ERinVA wrote:I agree that the London show is probably expecting a boost from the Olympics.
They thought the same about the Royal Wedding and put the tickets prices up in anticipation. Ticket sales that week were very poor so let's hope they get it right for the Olympics .
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Yes, a big event is just as likely to draw people away as to bring them in.
Ellen

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

porschesrule wrote:By comparison, the London show, in its 6th year, has tickets available through December 15 of 2012.
Am I not correct in saying that the London show is in its 7th year?
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Yes, it passed 6 years on its anniversary in May.
Ellen

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Billy Whiz wrote:porschesrule wrote:
By comparison, the London show, in its 6th year, has tickets available through December 15 of 2012.

Am I not correct in saying that the London show is in its 7th year?
ERinVA wrote:Yes, it passed 6 years on its anniversary in May.
I stand corrected :D

And, yes, that is a very good point about the Olympics.
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

Billy Whiz wrote:
ERinVA wrote:I agree that the London show is probably expecting a boost from the Olympics.
They thought the same about the Royal Wedding and put the tickets prices up in anticipation. Ticket sales that week were very poor so let's hope they get it right for the Olympics .
The Royal Wedding and the Olympics are two different animals. The Olympics will draw people from all around the world, tourists who are most likely going to want to explore London and all that it has to offer. I could definitely see a boost in ticket sales then, but of course I could be wrong.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Return to “Ticketing & Theatre information - Broadway”