October 2011 Reviews - NYC

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: October 2011 Reviews - NYC

Post by porschesrule »

Thanks for sharing your impressions of Ben's last show, Sean. I'm sure we all wish Ben and all the members of the BETM - US Tour cast all the best as they once again bring this great show to the people across America.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

shimmyshimmy wrote:my pat answer has just become that I'm an addict and that I was unable to find a local chapter of Billyholics Anonymous or a deprogramming or intervention service. So I wind up being pitied. :) as a pathetic creature.
I'd personally advise against that approach. If seeing a show is already going to mean you're labeled as weird, I'd suggest being and coming across as normal is even more important. =) It definitely affects how the rest of us as a group of fans are perceived as a whole too.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I agree with Sean on that!
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

angelenroute wrote:His posh "gosh" is perfect
I agree Sean. It's something that I had noticed on numerous occasions.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

shimmyshimmy wrote:my pat answer has just become that I'm an addict and that I was unable to find a local chapter of Billyholics Anonymous or a deprogramming or intervention service. So I wind up being pitied. :) as a pathetic creature.
angelenroute wrote:I'd personally advise against that approach. If seeing a show is already going to mean you're labeled as weird, I'd suggest being and coming across as normal is even more important. =) It definitely affects how the rest of us as a group of fans are perceived as a whole too.
shimmyshimmy wrote:Anyway, yes, I know what you mean, but you're taking me a bit too seriously. ;)
Sorry, didn't mean to infer anything. =) Just saying that we should absolutely be careful how we are perceived as all of our words and actions will very often be a reflection on ALL of us here, whether we like it or not. When I was a monk and was dressed in my black suit, I knew I represented the entire Catholic Church worldwide and often every religion too. When I wore my Prize Patrol jacket for Publishers Clearing House, I knew I represented that whole company and its interests. We are who we're involved with and can be "colored with the same brush" as we sometimes say. Just a reminder. =)
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

When the question about numbers comes up, I talk about the different Billys and Micheals that I have seen so that the conversation is about what is special about each show, rather than just a number. This helps to deepen others' understanding of the show. I also mention how I took up tap dancing after seeing the show and how it continues to provide inspiration.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I just say "a lot." 8-) Would you believe that I actually have no idea how many times I have seen the show? :? I do have most ticket stubs, so if I really wanted to sit down and go through them, I could probably figure out a close approximation.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

LiamM wrote:When the question about numbers comes up, I talk about the different Billys and Micheals that I have seen so that the conversation is about what is special about each show, rather than just a number. This helps to deepen others' understanding of the show.
That is an excellent idea Liam! :D
:/
cws8998
Ballet Girl

Post by cws8998 »

Agreed..! I've actually lost track of how many performances, how many venues, (St. Louis coming up), and how many Billies I've seen, notwithstanding, transversing the globe a couple three times to get it done. At the same time, I figure, "who the hell really cares," the point being, everytme I experience the next production it always seems like the first time, and that's the only thing which really counts for me. I rather think it's the elation and rapture that truly matters more than the record number of performances one is fortunate to see. Just a thought above the trivial. Regards, Colin
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

ERinVA wrote:I just say "a lot." 8-) Would you believe that I actually have no idea how many times I have seen the show? :? I do have most ticket stubs, so if I really wanted to sit down and go through them, I could probably figure out a close approximation.
That's generally my approach too. I often ask the person next to me if they've seen the show before and they usually say "no." Then they invariably ask me, "What about you . . .have you seen this before?" When I say "yes," I usually mention that I've seen it in "several" locations. If I ever do get asked for a specific number, I usually say "A number of times." How's that for a vague answer ? :D But like Ellen, I really have lost count.

Return to “Reviews - Broadway”