January 8: One Show Only at 3:00 P.M.

Questions about tickets, seating and accessibility
athadj
Miner

Re: January 8: One Show Only at 3:00 P.M.

Post by athadj »

OK I need the help of those of you familar with Telecharge. A few days ago I placed an order for a ticket for the 3pm show on Jan 8th and requested it in PDF format. Even though the ticket has not arrived yet (not sure if that's normal) I just received this e-mail from what looks like a private e-mail address and not an official telecharge customer service one:

Dear Telecharge.com Patron:

Thank you for your order. Your order is confirmed and your credit card has been charged. However, we need you to confirm your order, please reply to this email and confirm that you have placed the above order.

Should you have any additional questions, you may contact the Telecharge.com Customer Service Department at (212)-239-2969 (tri-state area) or (888)-268-2020 (outside tri-state area). Please call Monday through Saturday 9am -9pm and Sunday 9am - 6pm.

We thank you in advance for your prompt attention to this matter.

Regards,
Joann x748

Telecharge.com Customer Service Department
tickets@telecharge.com

This "Joann" actually has my order number but the e-mail doesn't make sense to me. First of all since I do have a confirmed order why would I need to confirm it again by e-mailing them? And what really looks suspicious is why is the e-mail address used a private and not a telecharge one?? This is the first time I order through telecharge so I'm not familiar with their practises. Is this something they regularly do or not? And should I get worried about my credit card???
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

I have used Telecharge numerous times to book tickets for Billy Elliot and have never received an email like this. I received my ticket for the January 8th show by PDF last Friday.

The telephone numbers in the email match the numbers in the attached link so maybe it is genuine. They are not asking for any financial information so I cannot see what they will gain if it is a scam.

http://www.telecharge.com/contactUs.aspx
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

The email isn't a private one. It says tickets@telecharge.com. I gather that Joann is a Customer Service agent, and the x748 after her name is her extension number where you can reach her if you call the Customer Service number.

As for the ticket not having arrived by email yet, there is usually a hold of several days on a credit card order before you actually receive the e-ticket in your email. Normally, telecharge sends you a confirmation of your order, and 3-5 days later, you receive another email with the PDF of your ticket.

If you would like me to call Joann for you tomorrow, I can do that for you. I will need your confirmation number via PM, and once I have spoken with Joann, I will PM you to let you know the result.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

I hope you enjoy this first visit to NYC, and I'm glad you are seeing multiple performances of BETM, so you will realize what unique touches each of the boys adds to Billy's character. Perhaps you would add your seats for the four shows to the seating chart? It's at http://www.smallmomentsofgrace.com/seat ... 1326002400
athadj
Miner

Post by athadj »

ERinVA wrote:The email isn't a private one. It says tickets@telecharge.com. I gather that Joann is a Customer Service agent, and the x748 after her name is her extension number where you can reach her if you call the Customer Service number.

As for the ticket not having arrived by email yet, there is usually a hold of several days on a credit card order before you actually receive the e-ticket in your email. Normally, telecharge sends you a confirmation of your order, and 3-5 days later, you receive another email with the PDF of your ticket.

If you would like me to call Joann for you tomorrow, I can do that for you. I will need your confirmation number via PM, and once I have spoken with Joann, I will PM you to let you know the result.
Sorry for the late response...time difference plus I am at work :roll: Well, Ellen that was not the e-mail it was sent from. Her actual e-mail was different. I will be so grateful to you if you can do that. Will pm you my conf number. Thank you so much :D
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Happy to do it. Forum members always try to help each other out. :D Please let me know the email address it came from as well so I can ask about that as well if I need to.
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
athadj
Miner

Post by athadj »

Hope I managed to send the PM properly. It shows on my outbox but not on the sent :?
Athina

London
New York
Peter x 1
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

athadj wrote:Hope I managed to send the PM properly. It shows on my outbox but not on the sent :?
I used to worry about the same thing. I learned at one point that when a message is still in the Outbox, it just means the person who it was sent to just hasn't opened it yet, NOT that it's stuck in transit. Hope this helps you/others.

Sean
athadj
Miner

Post by athadj »

Thank you Sean :)
Athina

London
New York
Peter x 1
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I got your pm, Athina. Just got home and picked it up. Replying now.
Ellen

Return to “Ticketing & Theatre information - Broadway”