January 8: One Show Only at 3:00 P.M.

Questions about tickets, seating and accessibility
booth088
Tall Boy

Re: January 8: One Show Only at 3:00 P.M.

Post by booth088 »

shimmyshimmy wrote:
johnnyc wrote:Since those of us who called Telecharge early on about a refund for the cancelled Sunday night show were told we had to mail the ticket back to get a refund, while more recent callers were told it would not be necessary to send the ticket back, I just called again. I was told I could send the ticket back and get a fast refund, or I could hold onto it and wait until the show closes, and they will automatically refund the ticket cost at that time.

Anyone else get this answer, or were you told you would automatically get a refund now?
What they told me was that if physical tickets were ordered through telecharge, they needed to be sent back, but if purchased at the box office, they didn't. The box office would look after refunds. Whether I believe a word I'm told.............

If you think about it, it would seem that they'd have to contact people who bought Sunday night tickets at the box office, or refund them by credit card, as otherwise, a whole lot of people will show up at the theatre and find it dark.
This a good point. And frankly any good customer service team would have (if they wanted to cancel the "last" show) would be offer those with tickets to either of the Sunday shows a time to call in (lets saw a few hours) where they get first priority to exchange their tickets to the new show, or they could simply return the tickets for a complete refund. Heck even the New York Yankees handle things better than this. If it rains too much they offer everyone at that game a new ticket, whether or not you showed up to the rainy game or not. If the Yankees can have wonderful customer service like that, then why can't BETM at least compromise with those that are already holding tickets to what they were told was going to be the final show.
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

Billy Whiz wrote:What about if you got your tickets by PDF?

They are impossible to return and I don't really want to wait until January to get a refund.

Could somebody in the US kindly phone Telecharge for me and find out?
David,
I received mine via email in pdf format and he told me he would just cancel them (no need to send them back). Then he quoted me the amount that would be credited to my AMEX card, however, I have not seen anything show up yet on my online statement today.

If you don't want to call them, you can email them at : tickets@telecharge.com They say they will respond in 48 hrs.

Rich
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Thanks Rich.

I have taken your excellent advice and emailed them.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
booth088
Tall Boy

Post by booth088 »

Billy Whiz wrote:Thanks Rich.

I have taken your excellent advice and emailed them.
Also check your account on telecharge. Log in and select the evening performance you ordered, and on the page that shows up look at the log of information on there, they may have already processed your refund automatically. That is what they did with mine. Telecharge is really doing the best they can with the craziness that BETM is giving them right now.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Thanks for the advice but I had tried that and they were still showing as active.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Here are my thoughts about all this:

xxxxxxxxxxx! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx???!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!!!!

I edited the above before clicking "Submit".

Furthermore, I chose to e-mail Telecharge with my order info and see if I can work it out that way. I'd prefer to keep the erroneous ticket as a memoir if at all possible. Who knows if they'll let me though.

Sean
booth088
Tall Boy

Post by booth088 »

angelenroute wrote:Here are my thoughts about all this:

xxxxxxxxxxx! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx???!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!!!!

I edited the above before clicking "Submit".

Furthermore, I chose to e-mail Telecharge with my order info and see if I can work it out that way. I'd prefer to keep the erroneous ticket as a memoir if at all possible. Who knows if they'll let me though.

Sean
If they want you to mail you back the ticket, make sure that they compensate you for return postage.
booth088
Tall Boy

Post by booth088 »

This is the email I just got from Telecharge:

October, 2011

Dear Telecharge Customer:

You are receiving this email because you have ordered tickets for BILLY ELLIOT, THE MUSICAL at the Imperial Theatre for the January 8,2012 evening performance. We apologize for the inconvenience, but the January 8, 2012 8pm evening performance of BILLY ELLIOT, THE MUSICAL has been canceled. Please note that BILLY ELLIOT, THE MUSICAL has added January 2nd and January 4th performances at 7:30pm.

We want you to be able to see this fantastic show, so please let us know if there is another date you would like to attend. If you cannot change your performance date and would like tickets to another great Telecharge show, we're happy to assist you.

To arrange for new tickets by phone please call:

Telecharge Customer Service
212-239-6210 / 800-543-4835 (9am-9pm EST)

You may also purchase new tickets at http://www.telecharge.com. If you choose to order online, please send your tickets for the canceled performance, along with a note including the information on your new order (show title, performance date and time), to the following address:

P.O. Box 998, Times Square Station
New York, NY 10108-0998

If you have E-Tickets, please call or email us with your order number. Upon receipt of the tickets your credit card account will be credited, or if your order was paid for by check, a refund will be issued.

If you require more information, please contact us at the phone number listed above. If you are unable to go on another date or see another show, please return your tickets to the address above. If you have E-Tickets, please call or email us with your order number.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you.

Cordially,

*You are receiving this email as a customer service courtesy because you shared your email with us at the time of your order. You will only receive marketing email from Telecharge if you signed up to receive it at the time of your order. If you did not sign up, we will only use your email address for customer service purposes.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

I received the same email, about 4 hours after I called them and exchanged my ticket. Nice timing. :evil:
:/
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Still seems strange that they would cancel a performance that was sure to be a sell-out or close to it. That seems like a lot of money to throw away. Can't imagine the dates they added will have as big a crowd as the Jan. 8 evening show would have.

Return to “Ticketing & Theatre information - Broadway”