Kaine Ward - Billy

dancingboy
Billy

Re: Kaine Ward - Billy

Post by dancingboy »

I saw Kaine make his debut in November 2011 and have seen him several times since then. There is no doubt that he has a lot of confidence and is an excellent dancer.
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

I saw Kaine perform again at the matinee on Saturday and, in front of one of the best audiences ever, he turned it all up a few extra notches in a truly memorable show. Everyone on their feet at the end, huge smiles, the buzz on the way out. I suggested to the VPT staff that they should have extra staff on duty at the Box-Office on Monday when word gets around.

Pat
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Do you think Kaine is proud to be in the long line of Billys in London (where he's the 28th Billy)?

https://twitter.com/#!/Rferdinando/stat ... 81/photo/1
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

porschesrule wrote:Do you think Kaine is proud to be in the long line of Billys in London (where he's the 28th Billy)?

Love it! Billy the XXVIII
Sam4God
Tall Boy

Post by Sam4God »

porschesrule wrote:Do you think Kaine is proud to be in the long line of Billys in London (where he's the 28th Billy)?

Haha! Love that :)
113 Shows: (July 2008 - March 2016)
23 Billys: (LaytonX1, TannerX1, OllieX2, RyanX14, ScottX1, Dean-CharlesX4, AdamX16, JoshX5, KaineX8, HarrisX8, HarrisonX10, RedmandX10, TadeX2, AliX5.5, ElliottX5, BradleyX5.5, MitchellX3, MatteoX1, Ollie JX3, NatX3, Brodie X3, Thomas X1, Euan X1)
18 Michaels: (ShaunX1, Dean-CharlesX1, JakeX1, JoeX31, ReeceX15.5, Connor KellyX17.5, Connor LawsonX2, Adam VespermanX1, ThomasX5, JackX3, ZachX7.5, Tade BiesingerX1, FreddieX5.5, ZakX5, TomiX5, ToddX3, NathanX3, BenX1, BradleyX3)
13 Debbies: (MeganX1, AnnabelleX1, FrancescaX14, Emily SmithX7, Emily WilliamsX16, MacyX18, DaynaX16, MillieX12, DemiX14.5, KyriaX4, ConnieX3.5, Beatrice X2, HollieX3)
*Lottie*
Tony

Post by *Lottie* »

Here's the radio interview where the photograph was taken :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00mx5gf

skip; 2.03.28
Charlotte

The Musical Vs The Film - " there's more depth & passion to it" - Scott Mckenzie 9.3.11
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for the link, *Lottie* . Good interview. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

At yesterday's matinee the couple sitting behind me were talking a bit. On this occasion I didn't mind one bit. Why? Because their words were not just idle chatter. They were saying out loud what I was saying in my mind. Brilliant, amazing, incredible. They were talking about Kaine. And they were still talking about him as they left the theatre. If Kaine's folks had been sitting where I was sat they would have floated up to the ceiling with pride.

I reallly enjoy his see-a-show/decide-to-be-in-it philosophy but I sure hope he doesn't try it out with Wicked.

Pat
Nadia13
Audience Member

Post by Nadia13 »

This is late because I have only just discovered this forum, but I wanted to share my experience anyway. I went to see BETM for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Kaine was my Billy and I have not been able to stop thinking about it ever since. His performance was absolutely breathtaking, beautiful dancing, great acting and singing, and totally captivating the audience. However, as a first timer, it is only after the show, when you start to reflect back on it, that you start to feel a real appreciation for what you have just witnessed. The diverse range of skills needed to play the part are just mind blowing. And for those all to come from a boy of 13? It is just so impressive. On top of that Kaine showed a level of professionalism, poise and confidence that I haven't seen before from a young performer. He led the cast, carried the musical. I suppose that is necessary for something so big as the role of Billy Elliot, however for them to find boys who can actually pull it off is amazing. I laughed during Expressing Yourself (absolutely hilarious along with Connor), cried during the letter, was captivated in the dream ballet and electricity which were danced beautifully, and during the finale stood up with the whole theatre to give Kaine a rousing standing ovation. The smile on his face was beautiful and you could tell he was proud of a job well done, and rightly so!

So Kaine, I want to thank you for introducing me to the world of Billy Elliot. Your performance will stay with me for a long time, and I cannot wait to return to hopefully see you again, along with all of the other boys who play Billy, as I am sure they are very special also.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Nadia13 wrote:This is late because I have only just discovered this forum, but I wanted to share my experience anyway.
Welcome to the Forum, Nadia and thank you for sharing your observations on Kaine and the show. And, Nadia, remember -- it's never too late to write about the show and I hope you will do so again :)

Return to “Cast - London”