Cavalia

dongringo
Debbie

Cavalia

Post by dongringo »

I took my horse loving niece to see this amazing equestrian/cirque acro show by a co-founder of Cirque du Soleil and was completely blown away. I bought the tickets because I knew she would love it and, after doing a little research, started to look forward to it too, but I had no idea just how great it could/would be. The human performers were great, but the stars of the show were the amazing 45 horse (performers). I've never liked the circus because of the reputation of the way some of the animals are dealt with and abused, but this show is completely different in that these horses are very well taken care of and treated with affection and tenderness by their trainers/performers and it shows. It was obvious that these humans and horses share an emotional bond on that stage and that the horses love what they do. This show is spectacular. Incidentally, this is the largest touring production of any kind in the world with 78 cast members (including horses), a stage the width of a football field, and a "big top" tent that holds 2,000 spectators. My niece and I watched the DVD today and relived it to an extent, but seeing this amazing show live is where it's at. It's in Portland now and moving to Seattle next. Don't know where it goes after that, but if you ever get a chance to see this, even if your not a horse lover, GO! You won't regret it.

http://www.cavalia.net
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Return to “Non-BETM Archive”