George

Re: Hey from Canada

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

Thanks!
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

you guys are welcome to send me messages and stuff too! I would love to get to know you guys more!
I also have FB and a youtube page :-)
Eltonjohn
Miner

Post by Eltonjohn »

Rob,

that's great that you too started learning ballet after BEing inspired. (I just ordered that t-shirt before they're no longer available.)

After I experienced BETM I tried out taking a few barre conditioning classes, only guy, and have been hooked ever since.

William is coming to my home town in April, yipee! Gotta perfect my fouette turns by then so I can do some while standing in the line up outside the theatre waiting for the cast to emerge. Just kidding. ;)

Question for you... I really enjoyed the original Liam's interpretation. Of the Canadian tour cast is there a Billy that resonates with you the most I wonder.

Does the studio you go to welcome drop in visitors?
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Just a reminder: We understand that people have their favorites among the child cast, but we don't ever compare them (past or present) on a good/better/best basis, as each one is unique and uniquely qualified to be a Billy. We like to say that the "best" Billy is the one you are watching at the time. :D

http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... .php#Forum rules
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

I agree with Ellen. Every Billy is unique and equally gifted. The different way they interpret the role is the icing on the cake.

I wonder how many Forum members could do what they do? I know I could not. But (if the clock could be turned back) I would give it a try!!
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

I'll agree as well. I've seen a number of Billy's and they are all fantastic! They have different strengths of course, but they all earn their spots because they are amazing! Not once have I ever thought that they picked a sub-par boy. They've all blown me away!
Yea I do ballet, and I do tap as well. I enjoy it very much, but I'll never be a pro.
I'm sorry but my studio doesn't do drop in classes, but there are many schools that do, so I'm sure you'll find one.
You can do what you'd like, but I wouldn't recommend doing ballet in line while they come out of the theatre. They may find it a bit odd. Plus a lot of the cast aren't ballet dancers, despite the theme of the show. Perhaps just talk to the cast, and mention that you've been inspired by the show to take up ballet. I'm sure they'd really appreciate hearing that!
Eltonjohn
Miner

Post by Eltonjohn »

LOL I was just being facetious about turning fouettes while waiting for cast members. :roll: An expression of delighted anticipation as I missed the Seattle stop and was thinking I would have to fly to Calgary in order to catch the show once more.
Eltonjohn
Miner

Post by Eltonjohn »

kport wrote: I wonder how many Forum members could do what they do?
Just getting through an audition is quite an awesome attainment!

Return to “New Members”