Broadway Cares Equity Fights Aids 2011

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gypsy of the Year

Post by ERinVA »

http://broadwayworld.com/article/Hugh-J ... s-20111201

Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS' 23rd Annual Gypsy of the Year, to be presented Monday, December 5 (4:30 PM) and Tuesday, December 5 (2 PM) at the New Amsterdam Theatre (214 W. 42nd Street), will feature performances by 17 of the hottest Broadway and Off-Broadway shows, a 40-year reunion of the original Broadway cast of Grease, a tribute to national touring companies and appearances by more than 300 actors, singers and dancers.

This year's show will include an emotional final Gypsy of the Year appearance by the Broadway cast of Billy Elliot, which will close January 8.

I have received information from the parent of a former Billy that you DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS PERFORMANCE. Unfortunately, for me the choice is between being in NYC for the final show and seeing this performance, so I will have to miss it, but if you can possibly make it to this, be sure to be there. It will be a special treat for BETM Broadway fans.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gypsy of the Year

Post by ERinVA »

According to this, a limited number of $20 and $40 tickets remain. Anyone going?
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/15 ... on-Dec-5-6
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
angelenroute
Billy

Re: Gypsy of the Year

Post by angelenroute »

A friend secured an extra ticket for me at the $20 level, but it starts so early today that there's just no way I can get in for that. =( I know my boss would have let me, too, but leaving work 2.5 to 3 hours early today and skipping my workout regime this evening + "needed" to bowl as an alternate for a league tonight + the ticket's in the balcony anyway + hoping that there's something similar for the last show = was a tough decision to miss it regardless. =( I really, really, really hope they record it!!!

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Broadway Cares Equity Fights Aids 2011

Post by Billy Whiz »

Present and past BETM cast members performed at Broadway Cares Equity Fights Aids 2011 last night.

Here is a link to the public Facebook page so that you can watch their performance.

Sniffly kits are recommended :cry:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150459068553921
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
jillmichael
Tall Boy

Re: Broadway Cares Equity Fights Aids 2011

Post by jillmichael »

who r the billies there? i can see trent and guisseppe!
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

I think the seven Billys are: three of the current ones - Tade, Peter and Joseph and then four past Billys: Trent, Tommy Batchelor, Jacob Clemente and Giuseppe.
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

Great find - thanks for posting, David! :D

That's always been my favorite song from Elton John.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

I like how they managed to get some of the words to Electricity in towards the end :D
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

porschesrule wrote:I think the seven Billys are: three of the current ones - Tade, Peter and Joseph and then four past Billys: Trent, Tommy Batchelor, Jacob Clemente and Giuseppe.
I count eight Billys. With the glare it is hard to see all the faces, but I am quite sure Julian is the Billy who dances with the chair. I believe the line up at the end is: Joseph, Giuseppe, Jacob, Trent, Tommy, Julian, Tade, Peter. What a great number this was!
:/
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

CJ-Rochester wrote:I count eight Billys. With the glare it is hard to see all the faces, but I am quite sure Julian is the Billy who dances with the chair. I believe the line up at the end is: Joseph, Giuseppe, Jacob, Trent, Tommy, Julian, Tade, Peter. What a great number this was!
I do think eight is the correct number, Chris. However, I think it's Tade who spins the chair and Julian who spins the AIDS Ribbon at the end. Maybe someone who was there will enlighten us.

I'm hoping for an "official" video as they usually have a professional videographer record this annual event, which will hopefully not contain the glare.

Return to “Special Show Nights - Broadway”