January 2012 Reviews - NYC

angelenroute
Billy

Re: January 2012 Reviews - NYC

Post by angelenroute »

Besides the 12 Billys in attendance...

Trent * Kiril * David * Tommy * Jacob * Alex * Liam * Giuseppe * Peter * Tade * Julian * Joseph

...Australian Billy Joshua Denyer and London Billy Hogan Fulton were also in attendance!

Lots of former cast members were there in the theatre yesterday too, for those who may not have heard (and please add to this list Amy C. and others):

Haydn Gwynne, Kate Hennig, Carole Shelley, Greg Jbara, David Bologna, Keean Johnson, Ben Cook, Trevor Braun, Neil McCaffrey, Tessa Netting, Matthew Mindler.

And known production team in attendance were Stephen Daldry, Lee Hall, and Nora Brennan.

Look forward to hearing who else was there that I hadn't spotted or heard about. More were at our Farewell Celebration on Friday too, but I didn't personally see them at the show, so I didn't list them above. (Donnie Kehr, Jake Schwenke, others?)

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

I met Gabe Rush upstairs after the show. He recognized me from Chicago.
12pesos
Audience Member

Post by 12pesos »

Also in attendance:

I saw original Debbie Erin Whyland and original Ballet Girls Tessa Netting, Casey Whyland, Caroline London, Juliette Allen-Angelo, Heather Ann Burns, Maria Connolly, Samantha Czulada.

Other Ballet Girls spotted: Danika Yarosh, Rachel Resheff, Georgi James, Kara Oates, Chelsea Galembo, Maddy Novak, Holly Taylor, Caroline Workman, Aly Brier, Kendra Tate and Ruby Rakos.

I did not see Corrieanne Stein, Meg Guzulescu, Izzy Hanson-Johnston or Kara Klein (also original Ballet Girls) but they might have been there. If they were, then I believe that all of the Broadway Debbies and BGs were in attendance.

I saw every Michael but Frank Dolce (David B., Keean, Trevor, Jake, Gabriel, Neil).

Ben Cook came in for the day from the National Tour.

Haydn came during intermission. She was finishing dress rehearsal for Richard III. Kate Hennig was there.

Someone said they saw Santino but I didn't.
mikey2573
Tall Boy

Post by mikey2573 »

So who WAS NOT there? That is what I found myself wondering --which Billys were not able to make it? Certainly Dayton and Mikey were understandably absent, being on the other side of the planet and all. The other Broadway Billys not in attendance were Myles and Tanner. Aside from those 4 Billys, all the others were there, correct?
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

It has been ridiculously hard to concentrate at work today!!! I know a lot of those who you'll hear from soon are in transit today and tomorrow too, so the reviews and impressions will keep coming in. In the mean time, feel free to keep asking me/others any questions!

Thank you 12pesos for the ballet girl list!!! I knew a few of our members could nail that lineup better than me and give them their much deserved due!!!

As for who was not there, I would list Leah Hocking and at least 2-4 other members of the Tour who were probably in DC and not in NY, but perhaps others here can correct me on that too. Peter Darling, Elton John, David Furnish, Will Chase, and probably more weren't there, but again, maybe someone can tell me otherwise. =)

A couple of random notes.......

The show began at 3, but many of us (20-30) were at stage door beginning around 1:15 and up until 2:15 or so, before heading around to the front of the theatre. We cheered and clapped for all of the cast as they went in. I personally remember cheering for/seeing Lilla, Ebony, Daniel, CK, Cameron.....and Billys all arrived in spurts......there was (not necessarily in this order) Giuseppe, Alex & Liam, Peter, Jacob, Tommy, and somewhere in there, Trent, Kiril, and David all came in together. Stephen Daldry also walked our "sidewalk of heroes" parade and some heard him say softly, "You're my heroes."

Stephen then stopped and said, "You're Sean, right? I absolutely adore your writing about my show." Okay, okay, so he didn't really say that last bit, but I heard it in my head. :lol:

At one point during Deep Into The Ground, Daniel Jenkins (Dad) looked over where Greg Jbara was sitting and pointed his way. Very cool!!!

Okay, back to work--or daydreaming--for me again. Will post more again here and there.

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

mikey2573 wrote:So who WAS NOT there? That is what I found myself wondering --which Billys were not able to make it? Certainly Dayton and Mikey were understandably absent, being on the other side of the planet and all. The other Broadway Billys not in attendance were Myles and Tanner. Aside from those 4 Billys, all the others were there, correct?
Aside from those 4 billy's the rest were there.
yanks1153
Small Boy

Post by yanks1153 »

Final Show January 8th at 3pm(Did not start on time though):
Who was there yesterday:
Former Billy's:David Alvarez, Kiril Kulish, Trent Kowalik,Tommy Batchelor Jacob Clemente, Liam Redhead, Alex Ko, Joshua Denyer, Hogan Fulton, Giuseppe Bausillo
Former Michael's/Tall Boys:David Bologna, Frank Dolce, Jake Evan Schweneke, Trevor Braun, Keean Johnson and Ben Cook. With Gabriel Rush from the Chicago/Toronto/Broadway Cast.
Former Small Boy's: Matthew Mindler, Mitchell M(don't know how to spell his last name), Luke Trevisan. Current small boys Alex D sat in rt side of orch for the first act.
Former Debbie's: Erin Whyland, Maria Connelly, Izzy Hanson Johnston, Georgi James.
Ballet Girls:
Tracey Atkinson:Casey Whyland and Ruby Rakos
Karen Davidson:Meg Guzulescu, Danika Yarosh and Kendra Tate

Keeley Gibson:Caroline London, Maria Connelly and Kara Oates(Current Jane Banks on Broadway)
Margaret Gormley:Corrianne Stein and Maddy Novak
Julie Hope:Juliette Allen Angelo, Aly Brier, and Rachel Rescheff(Current Jane Banks on Broadway)

Susan Parks:Tessa Netting
Sharon Percy:Heather Ann Burns and Holly Taylor
Alison Summers:Izzy Hanson Johnston and Georgi James
Swings:Maria Connelly, Samantha Czulada, Chelsea Galembo Kara Klein, and Caroline Workman

Former Ballet Girls of the Chicago and Toronto Production were also there

BGUSA=SOLIDARITY FOREVER

~Will write my review of the performance on a different page,tommorow~
rickyfc
Small Boy

Post by rickyfc »

Just a note: Gabriel Rush was also Michael on Broadway.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

And another note: It's Keean Johnson, not Keenan.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

I remember seeing everyone mentioned here with the exception of Hogan Fulton. I suspect he may have changed so much since I saw him in London a few years ago that I just didn't recognize him. There were a couple of boys who appeared to be about the age Hogan would be now whom I didn't recognize: one had what looked like dyed brown hair and was at the farewell celebration Friday afternoon. The other had lighter, sandy brown hair and was signing autographs at the stage door after Sunday's show. I wonder if that might have been him, and that he's just wearing his hair quite a bit lighter now ?

Return to “Reviews - Broadway”