Reviews of the show
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

January 2012 Reviews - London

Post by Billy Whiz »

Another new year begins.

Keep the reviews coming folks.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Re: January 2012 Reviews - London

Post by patc »

Thursday 5th January

Matinee: Adam/Connor L/Macy

Evening: Josh/Joe/Francesca

2012 got off to a magnificent start for the Thursday matineers with a cracking show from Adam & Co. and those who stayed on for the evening performance were supremely entertained by a classic from Senior Billy Josh & Co. Both shows were as brilliant as ever but one of the (extra) fascinating things to watch and enjoy at this particular moment in time is the manner in which the new cast, as the weeks roll by, have been honing and fine-tuning their individual roles as well as their inter-reactions with their fellow performers.

I was highly amused by Josh's (seasonal) trick after his leap from the piano at the end of "Boogie". Instead of his usual "better than Drogba" dive to the floor he did an amazing sitting-upright backwards slide along the floor in a posture that resembled Santa's sleigh. All that was missing was Rudolph.

Now that Broadway, sadly, is about to close I sincerely hope that as many of our US members as possible will start heading to London to see the original show at its very best. It is still the best show in town.

Pat
KeefyM
Michael

Post by KeefyM »

Have been asked by porchesrule to post my usual beginning of the month updated Small Boy / Tall Boy descriptions (or on this occasion - middle of the month, since I have been away for Christmas and New Year.... and... er.. forgot to post this at the start of the month), to help identify who is on and to avoid confusion over who played Small Boy / Tall Boy in the tracking thread and in reviews.

Also saves scrolling back to previous months or through posts/pages to find the previous list.

Small Boys

Thomas Berry – Curly Blonde Hair
Sammy Bentwood - Red Hair and looks like a young Dean McCarthy
Sonny Kirby - Brown Hair and has a fairly round face and missing front teeth (Sonny can also be identified in the Boxing Scene as he walks cool as anything (like a little Cockney Swagger) to the door and glances at Michael and Billy as he walks past
Colby Mulgrew - Long Blonde/Slightly Brownish Hair - curly at back, and the back of his hair just sits on his shoulders
sings everything, glances at audience often and spits at MD in Boxing scene

Standbys/Cover: (Harry, Joe have now left the show, but I believe are the reserves).
Harry Collett - Black Hair, sings everything
Joe West - Blonde Hair - wears glasses

Tall Boys

Ashley Cousins – Only one with Blonde Hair that wears the Blue Jacket
Matthew Goodwin-Freeman - Only one with Brown Hair that wears the Blue Jacket
Oliver Charman – Mainly Blonde/slightly brownish Hair and is the ONLY Tall Boy that wears the BRIGHT ORANGE JACKET,
whereas Ashley and Matthew wear the Blue Jacket

Standby/Cover: (TBC).

Cheers
Keith
:D
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Thanks for again providing this update of the descriptions of the Small Boys and Tall Boys, Keith. I have been told by many that they are a big help in identifying them.
Barry Appleby
George

Post by Barry Appleby »

THURSDAY 12th JANUARY

It gets more difficult each time to do these reviews and varying them. Anyway travelling home on the train on Friday I was savouring some great memories of Thurdays performances.
I love the portrayal by Keiran Jae of Tony, little things that stood out for me was that jerring laugh when Billy refuses to Dance, he also showed so much emotion with Dad in "He could be a star" and his antics in the Kitchen scene, with the letter, with Dad and grandma.
Deka is the tops for me as Dad, love his antics after Billy performs Electricity, showing how he so proud of his son. He gets plenty of laughs, from the audience with his antics with the ballet dancer in front of the fire curtain.
It was nice to see young Colby, the small boy, singing along with Dad in "Deep in the ground"
It was one of the best performances I've seen from Joe as Michael in the matinee, his timming was spot on, Reece was popular as ever in the evening, plenty of giggles from the audience with his body shakes and cheeky looks.
Its a long time since I last saw Ryan, what a confident performance, so much effort and enthusiasm throughout, even the skipping was perfect in B2B a well deserved ovation for Electricity. The evening show was Adam another polished performance, great to see those smiles which are now apparent, he seems to have settled in well, it was the wildest Angry Dance I've seen from him, really pleased for him. So "thanks again to all the cast" for two great shows.

Barry

Barrys corny gag -- Pat & Mick were sat in a pub, Mick finds a pen, is this your pen Pat, he asks. Don't know says Pat. Give it here, Pat starts writing on a beer mat, Yep! its mine. Mick says how do you know?, Pat says, cos thats my writing.
paul30003
Ballet Girl

Post by paul30003 »

******Contents removed *******

*****Reason*****

Disagree with moderators reason for editing my post :shock:
“The dance is over, the applause subsided

but the joy and feeling will stay with you forever.”

W. M. Tory
KeefyM
Michael

Post by KeefyM »

Tuesday 10th January 2012 :D

Billy - Josh "The Bake" Baker

Michael – Connor "Kitt" Lawson

Debbie – Emily “Dr Bonnie Barstow” Williams
(the woman from Knight Rider in charge of KITT)

Tony – Kieran Jae

Kieran Jae Fan Club – Tina Joanne Ryan

David Hasselhoff – The Hoff

David Hasselhoff - Michael Knight
(with black 1982 Pontiac Trans-Am that talks)

David Hasselhoff - Mitch Buchannon (with red shorts, lifebelt and Pamela Anderson, running half naked in slow motion along Malibu beach).
Ah, to be a teenage boy in the early 90’s and watch Pammie ‘bouncing’ up and down… er… I mean running along the beach and saving lives.
Yes, that’s what she was doing and what I watched Baywatch for.. anyway, moving on…..

The Hoff – David Hasselhoff

Not standing for Josh’s Electricity - The Hoff

Tuesday Regulars – Samar Nasseri, David Burton

Rubbish Seats for 1st Act – Keith Millar, John Davis

Annoying Family – B16-19

Annoying Crisp Eating Kid – B16

Bloke with OTT annoying loud laugh (especially at ‘Is Queer/Esquire’) – B6

Grey Van – Billy Bus

Wicked – Across Road

Glad I decided to go last minute tonight as I haven’t been at the show since a few weeks before Christmas and I have a load of night shifts coming up (boo,hiss), so won’t be at the VP for a while.

I ended 2011 at Billy with a brilliant Josh show and I didn’t know who was on tonight, but I was hoping it would be Jovial Josh and his brilliant personality to get the year off to a great start.
Expected it to be the brilliant Ryan as that’s what the board said, but I’m delighted to say that I started 2012 in the same way I ended 2011 with another entertaining and brilliant show from the one and only Josh, aka Master of The Finale, Master of Hats, Master of Jaffa Cakes and now also known as 'The Bake' (copyright 2012 David Burton), who was ably supported by Emily’s great version of Debbie and Connor ‘Kitt’ Lawson (also copyright 2012 David Burton) in another hilarious and perfect Michael performance.

How can you fail not to be uplifted by an action packed and highly entertaining Josh show including one of his infamous Finales, which should be recorded for prosperity and shown to future Billys in training how The Finale should be done. I wasn’t feeling that great and was tired after a 9 hour drive back from Scotland and then rushing about all day before heading to the VP. Therefore, when Josh came on, my mood and tiredness immediately lifted as I knew we were in for a great show and a great partnership with Connor’s Michael.

The show was alive from start to finish with a great, responsive audience, including The Hoff (not wearing his red Baywatch trunks) sitting mid stalls and the Kieran Jae fan club in the front row (yes Tina, I mean you!).

Unfortunately, the 1st Act was spoiled for a few of us, but especially for Dave as he had the family from hell sitting next to him, particularly when a young lad of about 10 got up to get a packet of crisps during The Letter and made one hell of a noise opening the crisps and eating them. (He would have to open the bag loudly during a silence in The Letter when neither Billy or Mrs W is speaking/singing).
Obviously these kids will have no idea of 'Theatre behaviour' when they are older since they were getting no discipline from their parents tonight, so there is no hope for these kids in the future, especially when the parents behaviour was as bad as the kids.
(Ah, my first audience moan of 2012!).

Anyway, it didn't distract Josh and Gillian from an emotional Letter scene that had quite a few people sitting around me in tears.

Great to see all Josh’s wonderful unique traits still in full force, including his brilliant facial expressions that make his version of Billy a joy to watch as well as some new unique actions, including sticking his tongue out behind Michael’s back in Express when Michael says “keep up Billy”.

Loved the usual enthusiastic 'yeah' at the TV Themes album, the “What the F***" at the white feather fans and the extra moaning at been handed the fan by Mrs W along with the brilliant way Josh acknowledges the audition panel when halfway through winding up the tape.
You also can't fail to be amused by Josh's hilarious 'dance' moves in the Boxing Scene which seem to get funnier and funnier in every show, especially when he is up close to Michael. Connor's face tonight had a wonderful shocked expression of 'what the hell are you doing ?' when Josh was 'dancing' right in front of him.

A great partnership with County Durham's finest - the ever reliable, consistent and hilarious Connor Lawson who was on top form and as brilliant as ever.
Connor, along with Josh provided the right amount of sensitivity and emotion throughout his scenes as well as having the audience rolling with laughter, especially at his rather provocative actions to Billy while wearing the Tutu in the Winter Scene.
A highly entertaining and fun Express from the lads, where the infamous hat(bag) decided it would rather be on the floor than Josh’s head, Josh coped perfectly with it falling off and it resulted in another great facial expression from the Master.

Had to laugh at Connor cheering and shouting excitdedly “Big Boy Wins” as he won the race to get the tap shoes on, poor Josh was struggling with one of them, but managed to get it on eventually and they gave us a brilliant Express that even had The Hoff cheering and shouting “wow” at the end.

Disappointed to see that all Connor’s “Get In”(s) have been removed and he now says “Cush” like the other Michaels, which is a pity as the ‘Get In’s’ made Connor’s Michael unique to the others.
I do get the impression that the part of Michael sadly seems to be becoming more robotic (i.e. all 4 Michaels are been made to do the same thing) rather than letting their 4 personalities stand out and let them do their own thing. But it was still the usual wonderful performance from Connor with great acting, singing and dancing, especially in Express where he also brilliantly introduced little extra bits of dialogue during the dancing.

Dream Ballet was a particular highlight tonight, with Josh and the faultless Barnaby completely in sync and delivering a very strong, emotional and perfect DB. Throughout the show, Josh showcased his technical prowess and great acting, singing and dancing talent, but none more so than Billy’s signature song – where Josh delivered yet another faultess and emotional Ballet Electricity that resulted in a prolonged round of applause from a very appreciative audience including Mr Hasselhoff (who didn’t stand, but his friends did). Some of us did give a standing ovation as Josh’s performance was certainly very worthy of an ovation, as were all the ovations for Josh and all the cast at the end of the evening.

A great and determined Angry Dance from Josh, just a pity we couldn’t here him as his Mic had been turned down.
Love the way it looks like he is going to throw the bricks into the audience before turning round and chucking them at the riot police.

Great to see the Master of Jaffa Cakes with a jaffa cake on his paper plate in the scene after Electricity and actually eating it and then throwing the bread and plate into the bin. Although I was disappointed that you didn’t come on stage with a slice of bread on your head Josh. If Ed Goggins has told you to stop doing it, just ignore him and do it anyway as we all think it is brilliant, Ed will never know (haha).

The unsung heroes – the Ballet Girls were all as great as ever and once again gave Josh’s Billy one hell of a hard time in Solidarity and Shine, pushing him all over the place, with Josh brilliantly swearing back at them. The girls along with Emily’s version of Debbie, were on top form and gave us all memorable performances, especially from the red hair girl who plays Tracey Atkinson (and who’s name I have forgotten) – her facial expressions alone are priceless.
Well done girls, great work as usual.

Having seen a few performances from Kieran as Tony, I thought he couldn't get any better, but I was wrong, as I thought he was outstanding tonight, even when dressed as The Elf (and Josh laughing at him) in the Front of Curtain routine (which had Josh brilliantly eating a raffle ticket after George eats his).
One thing that really stood out for me was the emotion Kieran showed in the scene when handing Billy the Miners Lamp as the emotion on his face and in his eyes really said it all. When he sat back down, Kieran looked like he was about to burst into tears as Tony says goodbye to his younger brother and the Miners return to work.

It was also great to have Tony speak/shout at a normal level rather than Michael Peavoy’s OTT ‘psychotic’ shouting at times. As I have said before, Tony is angry and emotional, but he is not psychotically angry with all that is going on around him. Thankfully, Kieran gets across Tony’s emotions and anger perfectly in every scene without OTT shouting and actions.
An excellent performance from Kieran and hope to see him as Tony many more times.

I thought Deka Wamsley was outstanding once again as Dad and his version of Jackie Elliot is very well done. Brilliantly showing the right amount of emotion when needed as well as hilarity in the audition scene. His wonderful unique and hilarious actions after Billy runs off stage at the end of Electricity are genius and really show how proud and supportive Dad is of Billy.

Other highlights for me were Ann still on great form and as hilarious as ever, Matthew on top form as Tall Boy and Posh Boy, with his Posh Boy sounding brilliantly snooty at the end of the audition scene – no wonder it looked like Josh had whacked Matthew off the Safety Curtain for real – but thankfully hadn’t, as it was such a brilliantly snooty and annoying posh voice when he had his arm around Billy that it is no wonder Billy whacks him off the curtain and tells him to “p*** off”, as Matthew's snooty voice here would have annoyed anyone.

I have seen Sonny as Small Boy many times, but I thought he was outstanding tonight, especially when he was singing 'Once We Were Kings' at full throttle and once again being cool as anything strolling across the stage in the Boxing scene, before very loudly and hilariously calling George a “w****r”.

A fantastic show to start 2012 at Billy for me, not only did The Hoff see a great and highly entertaining show from Josh and all the cast, but everyone at the VP tonight seen a fantastic show and it was great to hear first timers comment that they thought the show was excellent and Josh was ‘amazing’ and ‘talented’.
How right they are, as it was great to return to Billy and kick-off the year with the great personality and stage presence of Josh.

Thanks Josh, Connor, Emily, The Ballet Girls, Matthew, Sonny, Kieran, Deka, Ann and all the cast for another highly entertaining show and making me laugh, smile and cry once again. The audience and The Hoff loved every minute of a brilliant Josh show and so did I. Thanks Josh for a great evening and a great start to 2012 and thanks for the waves at the end of the evening.

Great to have the opportunity to say ‘well done’ at the Stage Door for a fantastic performance. Keep up the great work Josh, looking forward to seeing another of your shows sometime soon. All The Best to you and your family for 2012.

Cheers
Keith
KeefyM
Michael

Post by KeefyM »

Thursday 12th January 2012 – Matinee. :D

Billy – Ryan

Michael – Joe

Debbie – Francesca

Mrs W – Caroline Deverill

Tony – Kieran Jae

Kieran Jae Fan Club – not present

Wee Mental Mark from Maidstone – B24

Front of Pantomime Cow in MCMT – New Stevie Hutchinson

Back of Pantomime Cow in MCMT – Bloke who isn’t new Stevie Hutchinson

Coach Party from Doncaster – Drunk at back of stalls

Shrek The Musical – Not Across Road

Wicked – Still Across Road

My second show of 2012 and my first Ryan show of the year, and what a fantastic and highly entertaining show it was from Master Collinson and all the cast, including more great performances from Kieran Jae as Tony and Caroline as Mrs W.

To be honest, I thought Ryan was subdued for the first 20 minutes of the show but then realised he wasn’t and it was just me getting used to seeing Ryan for the first time in a while and him going along with all the changes that have been made to sections of the show like the Breakfast scene.
Therefore he wasn’t subdued but doing some brilliant first-rate acting that continued throughout the show.

Ryan’s acting was at the top of its game along with note perfect singing (especially Electricity) and brilliant dancing, with one hell of an Angry Dance, screaming the VP down in only the manner Ryan can do (and getting a standing ovation from a few people at the end of AD), as he was furious and kicked hell out of the hut and swore like anything (hurrah!).

Another stunning Street Electricity that was off-the scale. Like I have said about Josh’s Finales being recorded for future Billys, Ryan’s Electricity’s should be recorded to show future Billys how it should be done.
There seemed to be even more flips, summersaults and acro than usual as he threw himself over the stage, much to the delight of a cheering audience with plenty ‘wows’ throughout. I have said it before, but today was one of the best Electricity’s’ I have seen, with Ryan once again proving yet again why his Electricity’s are regarded as 'phenomenal’ and why they are always highly talked about afterwards. You will never be disappointed with a Ryan Electricity performance as Southport’s brightest star certainly shines brightly during Electricity, as he does throughout all of his shows.
Great work Ryan and I look forward to seeing more of your stunning Street Electricity’s and Angry Dance’s in the future.

Sorry I didn’t stand for your Electricity Ryan as it was certainly very worthy of an ovation but there were two kids sitting to the left of me and If I stood I would have blocked their view, along with the women behind me who were at the show for the first time. As it turns out, I had my view blocked by those standing to the right of me and I couldn’t see a thing. I can certainly see why it is annoying when someone stands and blocks the view, as it annoyed me today, but I will never stand if it blocks the view for kids and I’m not going to go down the old “Electricity Standing Ovations” debate again – let’s leave that in 2011.

My only disappointment with Ryan’s performance – no crossovers in the skipping in B2B. Absolutely perfect skipping from Ryan going at a hundred miles an hour, but no crossovers. Couldn’t believe it.
Hope you haven’t stopped doing the crossovers Ryan as we all love them and hope you haven’t being told to stop doing them by Ed Goggins or the production team. If you have, just do them anyway as they are brilliant and Ed will never know (haha) as you are the ‘Crossover Master’.

If the crossovers go wrong, then don’t worry about it as we all love you saying “can’t do it Miss” or swearing if the rope gets tangled.
The crossovers are unique to your version of Billy along with your many other unique traits such as the mumbling at Mrs W and Ballet Girls, so keep them up as they add so much more to your brilliant version of Billy.

It was great to see how much Ryan’s Ballet technique has developed since he started in Billy as you would never guess he was a Street Billy rather than a Ballet Billy after another highly polished and professional performance with Barnaby in another emotional Dream Ballet which had most of the women sitting behind me in tears (as they were during The Letter and Letter Reprise). Lovely women though, just that they were cackling hens at times and never stopped talking during the show or inappropriately laughing at times.

When James Butcher’s Scottish Ballet Dancer first appears in front of the Safety Curtain, I had to laugh as the woman sitting directly behind me went “Ooh ah say”, (laughed loudly) and then said “If only my ex-husband was like that, I wouldn’t have divorced him” much to the amusement of the other women.

As regulars will know, Ryan has sometimes had a few problems getting the Tap Shoes on in Express and has never been the quickest at getting them on, but has always done some brilliant improvisation when it hasn’t gone to plan.
For the first time that I can remember, Ryan finally won the Tap Shoes race, much to the surprise of the regulars and Joe Massey.
Joe brilliantly said “Oh, you’ve finally won, you’ve beat me, for the first time in a year” and delighted in the fact that it has taken Ryan a year to beat him.

Ryan just laughed and smiled and the lads gave us another highly entertaining Express with Joe’s cheeky ‘imp’ Michael on top form and being even more hilarious than usual, especially with some of his facial expressions at Billy.

I have seen some great Joe performances, but he was at the top of his game today, and really giving us a full-on Michael performance with great acting, singing and dancing. You could tell he loved every minute of being on stage and loved the interaction with the audience and Ryan. Ryan and Joe make a great partnership with Joe’s cheeky Michael and Ryan’s cheeky Billy being a brilliant comedy double act at times, none more so than their reactions to each other in Express and the Winter Scene with Ryan laughing away at Joe’s antics with the Tutu, especially when Billy throws the Tutu at Michael.
After Michael does his excited “Cuuuuush”, Joe had us all in stitches, with a load of excited “oh, oh, oh, oh my, oh, oh, Hmm,, yeah” as he hurriedly put the Tutu on and then hilariously ‘camped it up’ (much to the amusement of Ryan) after asking Billy to "show is(us) some Ballet".

A fantastic performance from Joe, who’s Michael is as clever, hilarious and cheeky as it has always been, but seems even more so now, which can only be a good thing. Well Done Joe, great work. I really enjoyed your performance and it was great to hear your "I'm the fastest in the North" line back in Express.
Hope to see more of your cheeky antics soon.

One of the highlights for me was Small Boy Colby Mulgrew. What a character, and I can see him being another Dean-Charles in the making as he already has the personality, confidence and character to be Billy if he ever wanted to be (and the show ran long enough – which hopefully it will).
Some amazing little unique and hilarious touches from Colby and I can see why some people are saying that he is one of the best Small Boy’s ever in London, as his actions, singing everything and glances at the audience are not only hilarious at times but brilliantly well done for a kid his age and really add so much more to the character of Small Boy.

Had to laugh at him stopping mid way across the stage to spit at the MD in the Boxing Scene, which Tall Boy Oliver obviously wasn’t expecting or had forgotten about Colby stopping mid way, as Oliver went crashing into Colby. Colby gave Oliver a brilliant disgruntled look after crashing into him as if to say ‘you stupid idiot’. What made it even funnier was that Colby then looked out to one of the regulars in the front row and waited until the person caught his eye and was watching him before he spat at the MD.

One of my other highlights from Colby was in the scene after Electricity where George and Big Davy are talking about Billy “I’d chop his bloody legs off” and Small Boy is sorting out the chairs before being lifted by Big Davy.
Colby was hilariously banging and clattering the chairs so loudly against the set and floor and hilariously looking out to the audience for approval after he sorted each chair, that you couldn’t here anything George and Big Davy said as the banging from Colbys ‘chair sorting’ was so loud. Colby then had to run across the stage to Big Davy as he was still sorting out the chairs when Big Davy was across the other side of the stage (rather than Small Boy following behind). Absolutely brilliant, especially when he did a little thumbs up to the audience as he was carried off stage.

An amazing personality for his age with so much confidence on stage, which is even more remarkable in that talking to his mum afterwards, she said that he has never done any Theatre or acting before. Looking forward to seeing many more hilarious antics from Colby this year. I thought former Small Boy Aaron Lynch was an amazing character, which he is, but Colby is something wonderfully special and unique and he already looks destined to go far in life with his amazing personality and attitude. Another wonderful find by the Billy production team. Well done Colby, fantastic work.

It was a great performance from Kieran Jae as Tony, although I was slightly disappointed at times, as compared to Tuesday and other shows I have seen his Tony, he did seem to be at times in the Michael Peavoy OTT shouty mode today which was not great to see and it doesn’t suit Kieran’s interpretation of the character. However, some of the shouting did work and certainly brought out the anger and passion that Tony feels, but I was rather surprised at just how similar the unnecessary OTT shouting was to Michael, so I hope it was a one-off and we go back to Kieran’s more subdued but still angry, emotional and passionate Tony without it turning into Psycho Tony from Easington.

Great to see Caroline as Mrs W, although my only problem with Caroline as Mrs W is that it then means she can’t play her wonderfully flirty RBS woman in the audition scene and flirt it up big time with Deka and David.
Thankfully, her great version of Mrs W more than makes up for it when she isn’t the RBS woman and love her interaction with the Ballet Girls and Billy, where it is obvious all 4 Billys have a great rapport with her, especially Ryan today giving her a few cheeky looks and faces behind her back in Solidarity and Shine, some of which she responded to.
It will be a great loss to the show when Caroline leaves next month, especially as there will be no more of her flirty RBS woman (cry, sniff!) as the others are good, but when it comes to Caroline’s RBS woman, as Carly Simon said - ‘Nobody Does it Better’.

Another great performance from Oliver as Tall Boy/Posh Boy and from all The Ballet Girls as usual. Still don’t know your names or the team name as you're still not getting the credit you all deserve whether on the cast board or in the programme, but you were all fantastic as usual girls and loved how you all once again didn’t take any nonsense from Ryan’s Billy, including almost sending him flying off the stage at one point (but I won’t mention that (haha). Great work girls, keep it up and keep hassling and annoying Billy and Mrs W.

The Ballet Girls were once again led by faultless Francesca who is on course to become the longest serving Debbie and quite rightly so as her version of Debbie is absolutely perfect. When Francesca does eventually leave (hopefully not for a long time yet) she will certainly be a great loss to the show.
More wonderful grumpy faces throughout and the usual brilliant reactions from Fran at Dad shouting at Billy and Mrs W when he catches Billy in the Ballet class, as well as the usual brilliantly well done looking Billy up and down and her sneaky look at his backside when Billy and the Ballet Girls are ‘focussing on the wall’, with Debbie obviously ‘focussing’ on Billy.
Emily and Macy are great as Debbie and always give brilliant performances, but only Fran really makes it obvious in the ‘focussing on the wall’ scene just how much Debbie fancies Billy.

A great show from all the cast on top form, with Ann’s Grandma still being as brilliant and hilarious as it was back in 2005. Rather surprisingly, Ann forgot one of her lines in the scene where she is sitting at the Kitchen table going through Billys ‘private box’. She ended up calling Billy, “Jimmy” and then said, “I don’t know what to say”, and Ryan and her just looked at each other and smiled for a second before Ryan continued with “I’ve got you a pasty from the co-op”, and the scene continued as normal from there and into Grandma’s Song. Brilliantly handled by Ann and Ryan and it resulted in another perfect Grandma’s Song from Ann with Ryan’s Billy listening intently to her story and reacting perfectly to each line.

Thanks to Ann, Kieran, Deka, Caroline, Colby, Oliver, The Ballet Girls, Fran, Joe and of course the one and only Ryan, we had yet another brill show in the history of BETM with a really lively Finale and a very responsive and ‘up for it’ audience, the majority of whom stood for all the ovations at the end of the show. Even Wee Mental Mark from Maidstone enjoyed the show eventually, once he had stopped listening to some god-awful thrash metal on his iPod that was blaring so loudly out the earphones, the entire VP must have heard it.

A great show and a great day, spoiled for me by two girls from the Billy Stage Management team being rather pathetic and rude when myself and a few others went to Wagamamas for something to eat after the matinee. Never mind though, some of us are much better people and certainly not as pathetic and judgemental as some people, it certainly won’t spoil my or anyone else’s’ enjoyment of this great show, and I’m looking forward to seeing a lot more Billy in 2012.

Anyway, well done Ryan, thanks for another highly entertaining performance and a great afternoon. You were cush, keep up the great work.
All The Best to you and your family for 2012 and I hope to see more of your brilliant shows soon.

Cheers
Keith

Following on from Barry's Corny joke: here are a couple about us Scotsman.

What's the difference between a Scotsman and a canoe?
A canoe sometimes tips.

and

An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman went out for a night on the town.
The Englishman spent £30, the Irishman spent £20 and the Scotsman spent a very enjoyable evening. ;)

Keep the Reviews coming folks!.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Man, Keefy. I think you just set the record for longest post ever on the Forum!

But a great review. As always, thanks for taking the time to write in such detail. Wonderful reading!
paul30003
Ballet Girl

Post by paul30003 »

That was great Keefy, I really enjoyed reading that.

Got to agree with you about Colby, he's a right little character isn’t he. :)
“The dance is over, the applause subsided

but the joy and feeling will stay with you forever.”

W. M. Tory

Return to “Reviews - London”