Billy Elliot on Blu-Ray released today

angelenroute
Billy

Re: Billy Elliot on Blu-Ray released today

Post by angelenroute »

Yorkie wrote:Yes, in the UK Blu-ray edition there is only one disk that contains the film and the extras...the blu-ray is not region locked
Excellent, this is what I needed; thank you very much Yorkie! I'll go back to that link now and see what the damage is.

Sean
Yorkie
Miner

Post by Yorkie »

Go for it Sean.

Just a minor point - the extras are all in 4:3 ratio and were probably shot in video rather than film so they couldn't be converted to full 1080p. Definitely worth it though. Let us know what you think when it arrives.
MRS WILKINSON IS A RIGHT COW!
mikey2573
Tall Boy

Re: Myles Erlick: Billy - Chicago, Toronto & New York

Post by mikey2573 »

Making your DVD player region free is a pretty simple process once you have the codes for your DVD player. Try looking here:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

Of course, it is not necessary as the BILLY blu-ray is region free. But don't let the regions stop you from buying a foreing DVD that is not available in the USA. You simply use the DVD player's remote to punch in the right numbers and buttons and VOILA! You can watch any region DVD. I have one DVD player that I have regulated as my "Region Free" player (meaning it is set to Region 0, which means it can play ANY DVD region). Works like a charm! Especially good for foreing TV shows on DVD.
mikey2573
Tall Boy

Post by mikey2573 »

Not sure why my above post also ended up in the Myles Erlick thread. Strange!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

It didn't also end up there. That was the only place it showed up. Not sure why. I moved it here because the discussion about dvd players was taking place in this thread. Was there a reason for it to be in Myles's thread? I didn't really see it if there was, but I can return it if you wish.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Non-BETM Archive”