Site Admin

Re: Harris Beattie - Billy

Post by ERinVA »

Here's the photoflash for the debut of Harris and Dayna:
http://westend.broadwayworld.com/articl ... y-20120223
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Lola
Tall Boy

Post by Lola »

I'm a little bit late to wish Harris a great first show but I'm not too late to wish him a long and healthy run in the role of Billy! Enjoy your time with the company, Harris :)

Have any forum members been there at his first night? I'd love to read a review :D
Lola
Tall Boy

Post by Lola »

Oh, I forgot about that...Looking for some Billy news I came across this article on Theatre Mania:

http://www.theatermania.com/london/news ... 50863.html
As of February 22, the role of Billy will be played by new cast member Harris Beattie, along with Ryan Collinson and Adam Vesperman. In addition, Kaine Ward will join the company to alternate the role of Debbie with Francesca Mango and Macy Stasiak.
Sometimes I wonder what sources people use to make such mistakes...at least they spelled the names right ;) I'm sure Kaine will make a great Debbie though.
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

I am writing to confirm that I was in the audience on Wednesday evening to see the debuts of both Harris and Deyna. They both performed admirably. Harris appeared to have no nerves as he sailed through his first show as Billy. It was a very assured, very confident performance and his dancing throughout was very good. For those interested his Electricity is of the balletic style.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

dancingboy wrote:For those interested his Electricity is of the balletic style.
That sounds very posh. Do you mean he's a Ballet Billy? :D :D ;)
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

Yes, David. Sorry I did not make myself clear.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

A good friend of mine is on vacation in the UK this week. Last night she posted on her Facebook:
Just saw Billy Elliot on the London Stage! Omg so amazing. Cried thru the whole damn thing but I was with my 2 fave guys that were just as emotional as I. And let me say these London audiences know how to show their appreciation for a show.

I commented that I believed she had seen the debut of a new Billy. She was astonished that I would have known such a thing :mrgreen: and then commented:
He was really brilliant. I couldn't believe what I was seeing at the end of the first act.

(Please forgive my quoting from a private source, but I thought it was worth sharing.)
:/
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

It's impossible not to be moved by the notes Harris has written in the programme insert. His opening night must have been quite an emotional occasion for all of his family and I wish him a fantastic time in Billy. I look forward to seeing Harris onstage very soon.

Pat
jacob
Ballet Girl

Post by jacob »

For those interested his Electricity is of the balletic style.
Thank you Lord

Your meaning was crystal clear John. Thank you for the information.
'Are we human or are we dancers?' The Killers

Finish
jen
Miner

Post by jen »

What does he say in his programme notes?
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)

Return to “Cast - London”