Harris Beattie - Billy

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Harris Beattie - Billy

Post by ERinVA »

Skykid has no official connection with the production companies for Billy Elliot the Musical, nor do the facebook appreciation pages. For that reason, while the information posted may indeed be correct, likewise, it may not be. That is why we caution readers that any decision to pay for a ticket to this evening's show based upon information posted by those pages or any unofficial source is soley at the discretion of the purchaser. If/when a confirmation comes from an official source, we will post it here.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Yorkie
Miner

Post by Yorkie »

Quite true Ellen but with Ali starting earlier in the month we have 5 London Billys and it was just a question of when.

See ya Harris.
MRS WILKINSON IS A RIGHT COW!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I understand your point and agree that it would not be likely the company would continue with five Billys for an extended period; nevertheless, it is our policy not to post information about cast changes without permission or a publicly available confirmation, neither of which we have at this point.
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

As now confirmed by dancingboy in the London Tracking thread, tonight's performance was Harris's last.

http://billyelliottheforum.me.uk/forum/ ... 740#p87740

It is sad that we had no official advance notice and were not able to do our usual countdown for Harris. I can only assume that in addition to the policy of the BETM company, his family's wishes must also have played at least some part in the extraordinary secrecy surrounding the details of his final show, and we on this forum always try our best to respect such wishes for privacy.

Now that the evening is over, I am sure all members of this forum will join me in wishing Harris the very best for his future career. We'll miss you, Harris.
Ellen

patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

I will most certainly join you, Ellen, in wishing Harris everything that is good for the future. I am really disappointed not to have been there to say farewell and thanks but, with such short notice, it was not possible to travel over.

Those of us who were there last Thursday witnessed Harris' stunning best ever show and it was fitting that there was a fantastic audience present to see it and give him a standing ovation. That is how I will remember him. He was a brilliant Billy who provided such magnificent entertainment (even if he did rip my heart and soul out so many times, balanced out by that wonderful smile that lit up the stage). He now joins the Billy Hall of Fame.

Thank You, Harris. You will be missed.

Pat
Barry Appleby
George

Post by Barry Appleby »

You didn't have to go all the way to Paris,
just down to the Victoria Palace to see Harris.
You will enjoy everything you've seen,
from this grandlad from Aberdeen.
He was master class on the stage,
at this a very young age.
So the next time I have a pint or beer,
I'll lift up my glass and wish you "Good Cheer"

"ALL THE BEST HARRIS IN THE FUTURE"
MegaBillyfan
George

Post by MegaBillyfan »

I can`t agree more - Harris was a wonderful Billy and I was lucky to see him perform twice. All the best for the future, Harris!
London: 27 shows (Ryan 2* - my first Billy, Dean, Kaine 4*, Adam, Redmand 4*, Harrison 3*, Harris 2*, Tade 3*, Ali 2*, Matteo, Ollie, Bradley, Nat, Euan - my last Billy)

I can´t really explain it, I haven´t got the words
It´s a feeling that you can´t control ...
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

It was my pleasure to see Harris perform shortly after his debut, half way through his stint, and lastly several weeks ago. What remarkable performances from a remarkable young man! Best wishes for a glowing future, Harris!
tzwicky
George

Harris Beattie - Billy

Post by tzwicky »

And .... another Billy almost slips past me. I haven't missed many of them, but I was only there twice for a Harris Beattie show. That's a major "almost" in my book.

Proves I need to get over to London more often. This once a year thing has me bothered .....

Billythons are best if done twice a year, IMHO. I gotta work May in there and then the usual October (Halloween) Billython. Might have missed a chance on that, though.

I didn't keep copious notes on my shows last October, but I recall enjoying all my "new to me" Billys (or being in Stalls, Row B at every show .... maybe both). I saw Kaine, Harrison, Redmand and Harris (I noted a pesky cough during a few scenes with Harris the first time I saw him, though it was not cold even for someone who has only seen snow twice in my life). And these relatively "new" Billys were all a bit wee, with Harris perhaps leading the pack of Mini-Billy-Tornados.

All in all, not so bad a record for a Billymaniac who has to fly 18 hours (not at once, but 8.5 eastbound and 9.5 westbound) just to see a Billy at The Mother Church.

I've traded this year's Halloween show at the Albert Hall for the early-October "Grand Organ Gala." (no followups from anyone in Palm Springs, please).

Not recalling every BETM show ever attended could get me a detention from my house prefect.

tzwicky
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Happy Birthday, Harris!!

Enjoy your celebration.

Return to “Cast - London”