Ann Emery

pinknick103
Tony

Re: Ann Emery

Post by pinknick103 »

I havnt seen Ann much lately ???? I hope she is ok. Hoping she is just having a well deserved break rather than being unwell xxx
Dean x1, Leon x1, Trent x1, Josh x12, Layton x10, Corey x5, Fox x10, Tom x15, Brad x5,Ollie x7,Tanner x2, Dean CC x 9, Aaron x 2, Rhys x3, Scott x5, Ryan x10, Adam x2, Kaine x5, Harris x3, Harrison x12, Redmond x3, Ali x1
han25
Small Boy

Post by han25 »

pinknick103 wrote:I havnt seen Ann much lately ???? I hope she is ok. Hoping she is just having a well deserved break rather than being unwell xxx

She was on last night and did a great show so i guess she just had a rest? :D
Billy : Matthew x1 Trent x1 Layton x2 Ollie x3 Tom x3 Tanner x2 Brad x1 Dean x1
Michael : Shaun x4 George x3 Lewis x1 Jake x3 Connor x1 Connor K x1 Joe x1
Debbie : Leyci x2 Scarlet x2 Alicia x1 Annabelle x1 Fleur x4 Francesca x4

31/3/10- One of the best nights of my life...

billeon acts
Small Boy

Post by billeon acts »

This lady still amazes me and she's always so friendly. I imagine she's fine just having a very deserved break.
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

Ann is a natural choice for the Grandma and is excellent in the role which she has made her own.
Notice from her programme notes that she worked with Dick Emery in her earlier days. For younger forum members,Dick was a successful TV funny man in the 60's and 70's. Does anyone know if Ann is a relation??? :?:
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

burtond wrote:Ann is a natural choice for the Grandma and is excellent in the role which she has made her own.
Notice from her programme notes that she worked with Dick Emery in her earlier days. For younger forum members,Dick was a successful TV funny man in the 60's and 70's. Does anyone know if Ann is a relation??? :?:
Dick Emery was the half-brother of Ann.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

Thanks Den/Billy Whiz. ;)
Makes sense to me. Some of Ann's antics on stage could be straight out of the Dick Emery Show and one of his dodgy but hillariously funny characters.
Many thanks to Ann for the great fun she brings to the part of Grandma whilst still ensuring that the character is believable. She reminds me of my old Grandma (to some extent) - frightening!!! :o
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

Den wrote: I remember him well with his array of grotesque characters (a bit like a gathering of forum members :D )

Den
"Grotesque" ???

I'd say some of us were 'mildly eccentric', but 'grotesque' sounds a bit harsh! :o

Personally, I think I look pretty damn good! 8-)
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

Muppet wrote: Personally, I think I look pretty damn good! 8-)
OK Den, does this mean you were part of the Dick Emery show??? If so, which character(s) did you play?

DB
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

Continuing my research of BETM - came across a post on google that stated that Ann Emery has been in the role of Grandma since the very beginning of BETM.
Can anyone confirm if this is so?
If it is, what an amazing feat! Mind you, I couldn't imagine a more appropriate permanent Grandma for Billy (although Romy, you gave an absolutely excellent performance when you covered for Ann last week).
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Yes, this is true. Technically, I suppose you could say that there was another actress who was originally slated to play Grandma but she changed her mind when the role got trimmed a bit. So when the part didn't turn out to be as big as she was originally led to believe, she left (I think this was still during rehearsals . . . .or possibly during the preview performances) and Ann Emery came aboard and has played the part ever since. Ann's considered to be the original Grandma since she's been in the show since the official opening night on May 12, 2005.

Return to “Cast - London”