Oh NO!! Not again.

patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Oh NO!! Not again.

Post by patc »

Regrettably, for the second year running I must apologise in advance to the rest of Europe. For Eurovision 2012 Ireland will once again be represented by Jedward.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Pat
MegaBillyfan
George

Re: Oh NO!! Not again.

Post by MegaBillyfan »

Don´t worry - I really hope you will not be forced to hear the Austrian song. It´s a shame, but if they will get the finale you have not to understand the extremly stupid text - lucky you! I think it can´´t be worse!
London: 27 shows (Ryan 2* - my first Billy, Dean, Kaine 4*, Adam, Redmand 4*, Harrison 3*, Harris 2*, Tade 3*, Ali 2*, Matteo, Ollie, Bradley, Nat, Euan - my last Billy)

I can´t really explain it, I haven´t got the words
It´s a feeling that you can´t control ...
KeefyM
Michael

Post by KeefyM »

and even worse, the UK will be represented by 75 year old Englebert "Please Release Me" Humperdinck, who hasn't had a hit record since the sixties (his last top ten hit was 42 years ago). Well, I suppose Englebert is still highly regarded in Eastern Europe (seemingly), where the usual 'block voting' takes place and this years contest in May also takes place (although since when has Azerbaijan been in Europe ?, considering it shares a border with Iran and a few other Middle Eastern countries).

Mind u Pat, at least Jedward did better for Ireland than Blue did for the UK last year.

Cheers
Keefy
:D
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

KeefyM wrote:and even worse, the UK will be represented by 75 year old Englebert "Please Release Me" Humperdinck, who hasn't had a hit record since the sixties (his last top ten hit was 42 years ago). Well, I suppose Englebert is still highly regarded in Eastern Europe (seemingly), where the usual 'block voting' takes place and this years contest in May also takes place (although since when has Azerbaijan been in Europe ?, considering it shares a border with Iran and a few other Middle Eastern countries).

Mind u Pat, at least Jedward did better for Ireland than Blue did for the UK last year.

Cheers
Keefy
The good news is that the UK will not have to host the finals since Englebert will lose anyway.

But will we still have to endure Wogan??
KeefyM
Michael

Post by KeefyM »

kport wrote:
The good news is that the UK will not have to host the finals since Englebert will lose anyway.

But will we still have to endure Wogan??

No Wogan any longer Kport as Graham Norton has been the commentator since 2009 after Terry retired in 2008 saying that the contest was "predictable" and "no longer a music contest".

So here is Englebert with the UK's 2012 Eurovision entry 'Love Will Set You Free'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFNv9pjqZkk

Actually, I quite like it and it's certainly better than the crap the UK has put forward in the last couple of years, but is probably a bit too quiet, mellow and classy for Eurovision.
At least Englebert can sing unlike the useless planks of the last few years.

and just for Pat and everyone else, here is Jedward with Ireland's entry 'Waterline'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_ViQfViDPo

Mind u, it could be a lot worse for the UK and Ireland - just take a look at the god awfulness of the Russian entry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKNRGc71hjc

Cheers
Keefy
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

KeefyM wrote: So here is Englebert with the UK's 2012 Eurovision entry 'Love Will Set You Free'.
I have to say, keefy, that is a beautiful song and well performed. The old boy still has it. If the Song Contest was won by the best SONG (as it used to be all those years ago and still should be) this would be right up there.
and just for Pat and everyone else, here is Jedward with Ireland's entry 'Waterline'.
I'll pass. I'd go to see Wicked Thursday Matinee rather than look at that. :D
just take a look at the god awfulness of the Russian entry.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hilarious. If the UK doesn't win I'll be rooting for this one.

Pat
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

I have to admit the Englebert song is really very good - but too good for Eurovision?

Today, Steve Wright (BBC Radio 2) humorously cut and pasted the song with one from the Muppets - and made it clear the the EH song is merely a rewritten Muppet song!
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

How in the HELL didnt i know EH was from the UK?????
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I suppose one could be forgiven for confusing him with this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engelbert_Humperdinck

Actually, I have always wondered why the singer changed his name, so I looked at his Wiki, and found that it was the suggestion of his manager, Gordon Mills. I know performers frequently change their names, but why choose that particular one? Why not Ludwig Von Beethoven, for example? Or Edvard Grieg? Or J.S. Bach, cousin of PDQ? :?

Here's his Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engelbert_Humperdinck_(singer)
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

oh im SURE he changed it to that because who could forget it? And it worked beyond belief.

Return to “Non-BETM Archive”