Noah Parets: Billy - Tour, Ogunquit and La Mirada/Glendale

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Noah Parets

Post by porschesrule »

Noah's mom, Robyn, is travelling with her son as he undertakes his Billy journey. She's planning to document their travels on her blog, entitled "Away from OM: Tales from the Road". The first installment was posted today. She calls it "Oops, the Dog Ate My Tap Shoe". Looks like it's going to be entertaining.

http://awayfromom.net/2012/04/22/oops-t ... -tap-shoe/
tomtorfan
Small Boy

Post by tomtorfan »

That's a great link porschesrule. Robyn Parets' blog looks like it will be a must-read. But then I saw a link at the side: Noah's posts.

It turns out that young Noah is a bit of a writer too. He's posted to his mom's blog only once, just two weeks ago. It's a nifty bundle of introspection that touches on life's choices, the issue of boys and dance, and what he feels like when he's dancing. We've all heard Lee Hall's answer to that last bit. Here's Noah's:

http://awayfromom.net/2012/04/10/choice ... ah-parets/
We will find a new tomorrow
When we come to rest at last...
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Both Noah and his mom are quite the writers. This is going to be a great blog to follow. :D

I encourage interested fans to read Robyn's first entry in this series, in which she documents her reaction to Noah being offered the role of Billy. We often don't fully appreciate the upheaval these families go through to support their talented kids.
http://awayfromom.net/2012/04/04/life-in-a-snow-globe/
:/
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Here is a photo of Noah with his dance teachers at The Gold School in Brockton, MA, posted on their public Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 008&type=1
:/
BobbyRieg
Audience Member

Post by BobbyRieg »

It's been so long since I've logged on here I forgot my password! BUT, tonight I met Noah and his Dad at the Pantages in L.A. They were seated in the very last row and on my way out at intermission I noticed Dad's Billy tag and in my usual subtle way, I said "so who the heck are you?" and so we met. It turns out that even though Noah is from Boston, his Dad works very close to my office here in Orange County. Tonight was the first time Dad had seen the show (but had seen the movie). Noah is eager to get started and has been in the observation mode for a week. He says he feels very much at home with the cast.
I now possess Noah's very first Playbill autograph, and he now possesses my green Sharpie! Good trade!
Noah's a fine lad and will do Billy proud!
Bobby
BETM cause it speaks to my soul

NY:
The Billys
Kiril (2) in his final week. Trent was Tall Boy both times.
David A (2) Trent (2) Tommy (0)
Alex(2) Dayton (1) Jacob (1) Liam (1) Michael (1)
The Michaels: Evenly distributed at 3 each:
Keean, Trevor, David B, Jake

The US Tour:
JP (2) Kylend (1) Met pre-Billy Noah (1)

Cameron (3) Jacob (3)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Glad you remembered your password, Bobby, so that you were able to tell us that. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
muck912
Tall Boy

Post by muck912 »

Bobby - Great story about getting Noah's 1st ever Billy autograph. I don't want to sound greedy, but how about a review of that show?
BobbyRieg
Audience Member

Post by BobbyRieg »

Well the show belonged to JP and I understand that this is his last stop on the Billy train. I've seen him twice in L.A. and also got to meet him, his Mom and sister after the show a week ago. Thanks to Hugsy, we got a wonderful backstage tour of the Pantages with JP as our guide.
To be honest, I was afraid that I was going to be disappointed by the tour company. I'd seen several shows on Broadway and knew so many great people like Greg Jbara and Thommie Retter and I could not imagine how a tour company could compare. I am happy to say that the minute the orchestra kicked in at the Pantages, the magic was back. Even without all the high tech props like the bedroom that comes up out of the stage, it's BETM all over again. I'm glad they are in town for a few more weeks. The Lottery is almost a sure thing. I've heard that ever since opening night, EVERYONE gets a $25 ticket. I did it last night but my seat was WAY back in Row VV. The advantage was that was how I met Noah and his Dad - they were in the very last row YY. It was Sunday night and there were several understudies in for the regulars, but it all went very smooth.
The other Billy I've seen in L.A. was Kylend. He's a great kid and one of the nicest you'd ever meet. He has a great future. I'm still hoping to see Zach and Ty (I heard great things about his show) before the trucks load and move on. I have tickets for Friday 5/11 and for the closing show on Sunday 5/13. I'll admit I'm spoiled and I'll really miss being able to drive in to town (45 minutes if traffic is not too bad) and see a quick show. It returns to the Orange County Performing Arts center in 2013 and I'm thinking Noah will be a seasoned vet by then. I might need a trip to London before that.
BETM cause it speaks to my soul

NY:
The Billys
Kiril (2) in his final week. Trent was Tall Boy both times.
David A (2) Trent (2) Tommy (0)
Alex(2) Dayton (1) Jacob (1) Liam (1) Michael (1)
The Michaels: Evenly distributed at 3 each:
Keean, Trevor, David B, Jake

The US Tour:
JP (2) Kylend (1) Met pre-Billy Noah (1)

Cameron (3) Jacob (3)
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

BobbyRieg wrote:I might need a trip to London before that.
It will always be good to see you Bob.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Another new blog post up this weekend from Noah's mom:

http://awayfromom.net/2012/05/11/pass-t ... lt-please/

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee

Return to “Cast Members - Past Regional Productions”