Ballet Girls

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ballet Girls

Post by porschesrule »

A nice article about one of the "unsung heroes" of the show, Darcy Mills of the London Ballet Girls corps:

http://www.surreyherald.co.uk/surrey-ne ... -28100032/
jen
Miner

Post by jen »

Looks like they have altered the ballet girls shifts. They used to do Mon Tue, or Wed and both Thurs or Fri and both Sat
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
athadj
Miner

Post by athadj »

Thanks for that. Really interesting article.
jen wrote:Looks like they have altered the ballet girls shifts. They used to do Mon Tue, or Wed and both Thurs or Fri and both Sat
I have often wondered about the BG schedules since everytime I do my Billythons they seem to be the same every day and both shows when there are matinees. But the information on this article seems to explain it. Really hard for a young performer if you think that they are on stage for so much of the show! Once again congrats to all the girls!!!
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Here's a nice article about new ballet girl, Vogue Phelps.
http://www.redhillandreigatelife.co.uk/ ... End_debut/
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
pinknick103
Tony

Post by pinknick103 »

I might have this wrong, but am pretty sure that this week its the changeover week for the ballet girls. Some will stay, and some will leave. Good luck to all of you who are moving on - you have all been fab. Enjoy your last shows xx
Dean x1, Leon x1, Trent x1, Josh x12, Layton x10, Corey x5, Fox x10, Tom x15, Brad x5,Ollie x7,Tanner x2, Dean CC x 9, Aaron x 2, Rhys x3, Scott x5, Ryan x10, Adam x2, Kaine x5, Harris x3, Harrison x12, Redmond x3, Ali x1
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

A big THANK YOU to all the Ballet Girls who have already finished this week and the others whose last show is tonight.

As I have said many times - you are the unsung heroes of this show.

Well done to you all.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

Agree, we have had three awesome teams with very talented girls. Good luck to those girls who are moving on and a big Billy welcome to the new teams who will delight and entertain us all for the coming months.
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

This article appears today in the Surrey Herald about one of the young ladies who portrays Margaret Gormley in the West End, Scarlett Moore:

http://www.surreyherald.co.uk/surrey-ne ... -28855969/
Yorkie
Miner

Post by Yorkie »

Like many people new to Billy when I first saw the show I tended to overlook the role of the ballet girls in making a good show in to a great show. There is so much going on in their scenes that it is very easy to overlook there very individual parts.

I'm wondering if any of the regulars can help me to shout out to a couple of the ballet girls whose names I don't know but I wanted to thank. On Thursday 23rd the girls playing both Tracy Atkinson and Susan Parkes were excellent. The glowering Tracy and her pies is great fun but the totally fantastic take on Susan Parkes is just brilliant. Her vapid look of bewilderment made me snort with laughter. Really liked her interaction with the punch bag as well!

Great work girls.
MRS WILKINSON IS A RIGHT COW!
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Best wishes to all the Ballet Girls who's last performance is this evening.

You are, and always will be, the unsung heroes of the show.

"Break a leg" tonight girls.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.

Return to “Cast - London”