May 2012 Reviews - London

Reviews of the show
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Re: May 2012 Reviews - London

Post by Rich B »

Billy Whiz wrote:Harris is a true triple threat with wonderful acting, singing and dancing. Angry Dance and Dream Ballet were spectacular. I can see a bright future ahead for this very talented young man.
Totally agree, David. Harris did a spectacular show last night. He took his time to say his lines and never rushed, pausing just the right amount of time. Add in his beautiful voice and top-notch dancing and it made for a truly enjoyable show! :D
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

ERinVA wrote:I am sure the board last night said Reece was Michael, but it was definitely Joe who was on.
It did say Reese when we came in but it said Joe this morning so they must have made the switch at the last minute.
Brad
George

Post by Brad »

Waiting for all those awesome 7th birthday reviews to come flowing from peoples hearts ;)
Cheers

Brad
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

The debut show from Harrison Dowzell will go down as one to remember for a very long time. He was simply magnificent. Full of confidence from the very outset he gave no show of nerves at all and performed all his dance numbers with aplomb. He seems to be a natural actor and is certainly a natural dancer. I will not cover every aspect and dance of the show, but suffice to say that he nailed every one, in particular a very angry Angry Dance to end the first half on a high for the audience and finished with a well executed street style, hip hop, Electricity that had the audience whooping with delight. The standing ovation he received at this point was not out of politeness because it was Harrison's debut, but because it had to be seen to be believed. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it was that good.

Harrison certainly has that 'wow' factor, a natural talent which oozed out from the stage and took the Victoria Palace Theatre by storm.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Thanks for the first review of a Harrison Dowzell show, dancingboy. It sounds like he's off to an outstanding start on his Billy journey. Looking forward to hearing lots more about him in the future.
jacob
Ballet Girl

Post by jacob »

Harrison Dowzell
Reece
Dayna

I entirely concur with everything that dancingboy has said.

David Massey introduced Harrison as the 30th London Billy at the start of the evening. He proceeded to thank Harrison's family and also his two dance teachers from the Rollo Acadamy.

It was quite simply Harrison's night. To risk a cliche.........he came, he saw, he conquered. We saw a young man with a strong stage presence and striking acting skills. In each scene he stamped his own interpretation on his lines through inflections and pauses. He was totally focussed and in Act One overcame a cough that was agravated by the various types of smoke. His eyes and face were expressive of a whole range of emotions, from fear at the violence around him, to laughter at Grandma dancing, to amazement at Michael wearing a dress :D . I was particularly taken by the way in which the adult cast and musicians were energised by Harrison's performance. Everything came alive in a way that does not always happen on a Monday night ;) The audience responded with lots of spontaneous applause and many standing ovations. I should add that a number of past cast members were in the audience including Layton Williams and Shaun Henson.

This First Night was a triumph and I felt privileged to be in the audience.
'Are we human or are we dancers?' The Killers

Finish
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Thank you dancingboy and jacob for the wonderful reviews of Harrison's first night. It would seem that they have discovered yet another brilliant Billy - the 30th in London to be exact.

If only we had had a little notice of his debut I could have extended my stay by a couple of days to see it :(
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Westletonion
Miner

Post by Westletonion »

Yes, thank you very much dancingboy and jacob for those highly enthusiastic reviews. It is simply incredible how the company can keep finding this amazing talent. I look forward to seeing this latest 'star on the horizon' at some future point.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Here are a few photos from the 7th Birthday show. It was also the last show of Connor Lawson and some of the ballet girls.

Most of the Ballet Girls with Ashley after the show

The taller one is Small Boy Sonny and the smalller one is Tall Boy Ashley
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

WOW! Awesome photos, Billy Whiz! Well done!!!

Sean

Return to “Reviews - London”