May 2012 Reviews - London

Reviews of the show
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Re: May 2012 Reviews - London

Post by Billy Whiz »

To go with my review on the previous page here are a couple of photos from the Gala Performance.

4 of the 5 Billys. From left to right: Ryan, Harris, Adam and Harrison

Elton John in the middle of a little jig that he did to the amusement of everybody
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
athadj
Miner

Re: May 2012 Reviews - London

Post by athadj »

Thursday 31st May Matinee

How apropriate it was since I started my Billython with the newest Billy to finish it with the senior one!!! And am I glad I made the last minute decission to go to the matinee show just before flying back home in the evening! What a superb show from the one and only Ryan who was obviously still on a high from the incredible experience that had been the Gala performance and party just a few hours before and was on top form! This was my 8th time seeing him and I can in all honesty say definetelly one of the best! He reminded me so much of that first time I saw him so many months ago. He got up there on stage and simply did his own thing adding personal little touches to nearly ever scene making it a pleasure to watch simply because you didn't know what he was going to do next! Hillarious express where he put the tap shoes on probably the fastest I've ever seen any Billy do something that absolutelly shocked poor Reeece who could only say "And I've been practising..." not enough to top that Reece! A very emotional letter scene followed by a perfect express with faultless skipping, crossovers and everything!!!!! We all know Ryan is the master of Angry Dance and once again he did not dissapoint! His screams were as loud as ever and his "Dance you little Bastard!!!" as powerful as can be! And what a dance that was...what can I say you can never get tired of watching Ryan do Angry Dance!
Second Act and Ryan with Reece gave us probably the most hilarious winter scene I have ever seen! Reece had a bit of trouble reaching for Ryan's cheek when he has to kiss him and that cracked up Ryan who couldn't stop laughing especially after Reece started his whole "Just...a....little bit" routine! And just when we thought he wouldn't be able to stop laughing Ryan proves he is a true professional and when the moment needs it, when he has to say "best be going" he smoothly transforms and gets serious! Bloody brilliant acting! That was followed by another fantastic dream ballet where he showed us once again he could have easily become a ballet Billy if he wanted to! And of course his Electricity firstly sung with incredible intensity and passion and then of course his breathtaking dance routine which still leaves me speechless AND nearly gives me a heart attack after 8 times!!! His finale full of smiles and cheekiness and sending kisses to....well a very special someone in the audience left us once again in a high but wanting more and myself wishing I didn't have to leave in a few hours!
Ryan, you are and will always be a legend mate!! And don't let anyone tell you otherwise!!! Thanks for another amazing show and see you soon!!!
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1

Return to “Reviews - London”