Harrison Dowzell - Billy

1RadBilly
Tall Boy

Re: Harrison Dowzell - Billy

Post by 1RadBilly »

Todd wrote:I also agree that it's nice when advance notice is given about a Billy's final show so people can plan ahead and be in attendance if they so choose. I only wish I wasn't a $1200 plane ticket away, as Harrison's last performance is one I would definitely try to be at if I could. One of my personal all-time favorite Billys.
I totally agree with you!!! I want to see Harrison's finale so bad! That's a hefty expense to catch a Billy finale! Hopefully I can make it.

I was in London last year and Harrison did not perform on the few days I was there, I was so bummed. This year I was in London on two Saturday's and Harrison performed at both evening shows, what a treat! My 20th Billy!! Harrison is fantastic, love that street/acro Electricity.
MsRF
Small Boy

Post by MsRF »

I'm so happy that we've been allowed to know Harrison's final night - I'm fairly new to the Billy obsession (having only moved to London three months ago) but I think Harrison is fantastic, and have just booked tickets for his last night. Is it definitely the evening show?

Surely also, this means there'll be another new Billy in the works, as with Tade gone too they'll be down to only three!

Unfortunately I'll be coming to this on my own, as I think I've managed to get all my persuadable friends to see the show already, so meeting some of the regulars would be really good - I assume plenty are going to be there!

Rachel
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

MsRF wrote:Is it definitely the evening show?
Yes it is the evening show.
MsRF wrote:I assume plenty are going to be there!
That is the biggest understatement since Noah said it looked like rain :)

With there being over 2 months notice it gives the regulars plenty of time to buy tickets and organise their travel so there will be a very large contingent there.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

Billy Whiz wrote:With there being over 2 months notice it gives the regulars plenty of time to buy tickets and organise their travel so there will be a very large contingent there.
Maybe even the first Last Night Seating Plan for many years? :D

Pat
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

joninfinity wrote:With Harrison leaving, outside of Elliott, who's gonna be left next May when many of us come to see the show? Speculative of course, but does any one think that Ali, or Redmand might still be there? After all, what's the average length of a boys run as 'Billy'?

I think the average is still about a year. So hopefully, and with fingers crossed, Ali, Elliott, and Redmand will all still be around by next May. If not then the casting gods will have provided audiences with new excellent Billys.
:/
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Of course we don't want to get into any speculation as to when any particular Billy may leave, especially not in Harrison's thread, and as Chris has said whether there are existing Billys still there in May or new ones are brought on board by then, they're sure to be excellent as the BETM casting and training people have a proven track record.

For the record, here are some numbers...

The average length of time as Billy for the last 10 boys in London (including Harrison) is 14.5 months (rounded). Actual stays range from 7-24 months and the average is somewhat skewed by Dean Charles Chapman's epic 24 months in the role.

After Harrison's departure, the three remaining Billys start dates are:

Redmand = 22-Aug-2012
Ali = 13-May-2013
Elliott = 17-Jul-2013

Anyone interested in where the data came from can go here and click on the Billy chart: http://www.theskykid.com/billy-elliot-m ... formation/
tankntonic
Ballet Girl

Post by tankntonic »

After reading all the rave reviews of Harrison, I was tickled to death to finally see him last Friday night. This guy is like a super star already, such awesome stage presence !
Personally, I prefer "ballet style" Electricities, Harrison's is like a cross between break dancing and a men's gymnastics floor exercise with a bit of ballet thrown in for good measure. I absolutly loved it.
So sad to hear he is leaving next month, I would love to make another trip before he is gone.
I did a Youtube search for Harrison and this came up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nphN9zgpLJ0

It's a performance in Trafalger square in July, I don't believe it's been posted before; good close ups of Harrison's facial expressions which are so hard to see in the theatre.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Loved it . . . dynamic as always from Harrison ! Though I'm sorry that he's leaving next month, I'm glad he's remained in the show for as long as he has so lots of people have been able to see him perform.
DenP
Small Boy

Post by DenP »

He is a great Billy, I'll miss him!

Harrison after the 8th Birthday Show, 11 May 2013
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

HARRISON'S LAST NIGHT - SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 9th - EVENING

We have very kindly been given permission by the Victoria Palace for photographs at Harrison's last night

The rules are the same as usual and must be adhered to. They are:

NO FLASH

NO VIDEO

PHOTOGRAPHS TO BE TAKEN ONLY AFTER THE CURTAIN COMES DOWN AFTER THE CHAIR LIFT

Thanking everybody in anticipation of your usual co-operation.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.

Return to “Cast - London”