Billy

Re: Redmand Rance - Billy

Post by dancingboy »

Excellent words, David.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Billy Whiz wrote:Redmand also comes across as a thoroughly pleasant boy. When he takes a bow at the end of the show he says “Thank you” to the audience. I also noticed when he puts the tutu on during the finale he looks directly at the audience and interacts with them. I am sure the company and his family are, quite rightly, very proud of Redmand but more importantly he should be very proud of himself.
These are the marks of a star who has arrived, and belongs on stage. Magnificent notes here, BW, thank you! Happy to hear Redmand is such a good egg! :D

Sean
Lola
Tall Boy

Post by Lola »

Good luck on your final performance tonight, Redmand! Break a leg!
I wish I could've seen you as Billy cause everyone has been gushing about your performances!
But I' pretty sure we will hear from you in the future and see you in many more roles!
So knock them dead tonight, Redmand :D
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

There has still been no official announcement of Redmand's leaving. :( But assuming it does happen this evening, we wish him all the best!
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

The official Billy Elliot Facebook page has now posted this:
Tonight we say goodbye to a few of our wonderful cast members including Anna-Jane Casey, Redmand Rance, Freddie Butterfield and Millie Thornton. We wish them luck in their last performance!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

I really can count myself lucky to very recently have seen Redmand perform and I was mesmerised. His acting and interacting was absolutely brilliant, perfect and and a joy to watch. I totally agree with BillyWhiz' recent post about him being at the very top of his game.
I wish him all the best for his future life and career!
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Wow what a show that was!!! I think many of us regulars would say the energy and emotions of tonight's show were second only to the final Broadway show. Yes it was that good. Needless to say there was an immediate standing ovation from most of the audience after "Electricity". The applause went on longer than I've ever seen. Even after they started dimming the lights, the applause for Redmand continued. There was even a confetti cannon at the end of the curtain call :D

I'm sure there will be plenty of thoughts posted in the reviews thread soon. Meanwhile, here are a couple of photos from the curtain call.

https://twitter.com/CJRochester/status/ ... 56/photo/1
https://twitter.com/CJRochester/status/ ... 29/photo/1
:/
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Wow, that was sudden. Too bad the show didn't give some advance warning so people could make sure they were there for Redmand's last performance if they wanted to be. I was hoping he'd still be there in 5 weeks when I plan to see the show there, since I never did see him perform.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Redmand simply stunned the audience on Saturday. I was sitting up in the heavens where I am sure most seats were occupied by Redmand's fan club (and Millie's and Freddie's, too). For a moment I thought I was at a gig featuring One Direction, such was the screaming whenever one of these three appeared.

Totting up my list of shows seen, I noticed that Redmand has tied Noah as the one I have seen the most. However, I first saw him on stage long before he went to London: seeing him perform as Billy in the Billy Youth Theatre at the Lighthouse Theatre in Poole, exactly three years to the day of his final performance in London (I still have the programme with his name misspelt!). So he nudges ahead of Noah - for the moment. I recall at the time his performance was stunning, and it was clear to me that he might end up in London.
Lightman7
Small Boy

Post by Lightman7 »

Todd wrote:Wow, that was sudden. Too bad the show didn't give some advance warning so people could make sure they were there for Redmand's last performance if they wanted to be. I was hoping he'd still be there in 5 weeks when I plan to see the show there, since I never did see him perform.
Unfortunately, don't be surprised if there are no more advanced departure announcements for the Billys.

Return to “Cast - London”