Redmand Rance - Billy

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Redmand Rance - Billy

Post by porschesrule »

Lightman7 wrote:Unfortunately, don't be surprised if there are no more advanced departure announcements for the Billys.
Or any advance information (including even a name) of new Billys before their debut date. :(
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

porschesrule wrote:
Lightman7 wrote:Unfortunately, don't be surprised if there are no more advanced departure announcements for the Billys.
Or any advance information (including even a name) of new Billys before their debut date. :(

I would have to say that is all down to the Company. Why things are kept secret for so long is a mystery to me.
missedcalling
Audience Member

Post by missedcalling »

Devil's advocate here...
Maybe this is a good thing? I haven't been here that long, but when I read past posts about departing Billy Elliots, I can't help but feel bad for the, what I can only describe as, "less popular" Billy Elliots (for whatever reason, maybe they're family and friends aren't located close by).
Perhaps this puts everyone on the same playing field.

One things for sure - they've all worked very hard to get where they are and you'll never here me prefer one over the other.

Nevertheless, part of me does feel a bit for un-celebratory nature of the send-off. As to the why they do what they do, it's probably a business decision (as most things are) and maybe, in some Machiavellian way, they feel this deters "hold-outs" and encourages people to attend more performances (I guess this is similar the rationale I've read behind why video is always forbidden).

Me? Each time I visit, I plan to attend several performances in a row so I that can see each performer (barring illness or injury).
-paul
Lightman7
Small Boy

Post by Lightman7 »

missedcalling wrote:As to the why they do what they do, it's probably a business decision
It actually isn't a business decision for the departures, it is for the benefit of the Billys. The reason is based on past experiences. But that reason wouldn't apply to incoming Billys, so I am in the dark on that. You need to remember that London keeps their young cast very well protected and isolated from the general public, which, despite fans good intentions, is a good thing.

The Billys themselves are obviously allowed to tell friends/family/schoolmates, as there was a LARGE, concentrated contingent of young Redmand fans (seemingly school mates) Saturday night. :D
missedcalling
Audience Member

Post by missedcalling »

It actually isn't a business decision for the departures, it is for the benefit of the Billys.
That's good to know.
The reason is based on past experiences.
Has something happened in the past that was not ideal?
The Billys themselves are obviously allowed to tell friends/family/schoolmates, as there was a LARGE, concentrated contingent of young Redmand fans (seemingly school mates) Saturday night.
Sounds like it was a grand time for those involved. Curiously, I wonder how much of an influence a family's decision to keep last performance dates private factor's into BETM decision to forestall announcements?
-paul
Lightman7
Small Boy

Post by Lightman7 »

missedcalling wrote:
The reason is based on past experiences.
Has something happened in the past that was not ideal?

You know as much as I know - my source is inside the company, but literally just said "due to past experiences", and I didn't push for details.
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

The latest Memories of Billys video up to and including Redmand Rance may now be downloaded from this link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a5rryht4tu5sw97

As always, acknowledgments and thanks to Forum members past and present.

Pat
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

The brilliant Redmand and the equally brilliant Deka at the end of Redmand's last show.

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Caelc
Audience Member

Post by Caelc »

too bad he left. I saw him last year and was heading back there in a couple weeks. I was hoping to see him perform again. I missed my chance.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Sorry you missed your chance to see Redmand again. His final show was brilliant!

However, he has left the part of Billy in excellent hands, so you will see a wonderful show no matter who is performing when you go.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Cast - London”