July 2012 reviews London

Reviews of the show
Westletonion
Miner

July 2012 reviews London

Post by Westletonion »

Now that we are in the second half of the year :shock: here is a place for July reviews.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Re: July 2012 reviews London

Post by Billy Whiz »

Hopefully more Forum members will visit the show this month as there were very few reviews in June :(
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Remi
Small Boy

Post by Remi »

Tonight's show has been canceled due to technical difficulties.
tzwicky
George

This would be not good at all.

Post by tzwicky »

In all my shows, only one time I can remember there was about a 5-10 minute delay because of hydraulics, or whatever makes the lifts lift.

I don't think I've ever had a mid-show substitution, but maybe once. Fuzzy, seeing as how my memories go back to October 2005 with the show.

But I've never had a show canceled, which I think would be appalling, though I think I would just hop a cab and see what was starting next at a Leicester Square cinema.

I recall a multi-day total scram of the computers that shut down the show, but I was just reading about it at the forum from across the pond.

I used to depend on the good vibes from several other forum members who also seemed immune-ish (never say never) to show glitches.

Wondering what might have occurred, unless there was too much revelry at Canada Day Celebrations.

tzwicky
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Remi wrote:Tonight's show has been canceled due to technical difficulties.
:(
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

The show at the Victoria Palace on Monday evening was cancelled because of a problem' backstage'. I was led to believe by a member of the Box Office staff that a problem may have been caused by the work being carried out in Allington street, which is alongside the theatre.
kaj
Audience Member

Post by kaj »

Wednesday 4th July

Billy- Ryan, Michael- Reece, Debbie- Francesca

Great performance last night from Ryan and team, they wowed the crowd despite 'technical difficulties' in the second act.
I last saw Ryan only two months ago in May and am amazed at how much he has grown in that short time! He towers over Reece and was nearly as tall as last nights' Dad and Mrs Wilkinson! The one thing that hasn't changed though is Ryan's sheer talent and huge stage presence.
Ryan dances the ballet sequences beautifully and seems to perform them with ease, however he really comes into his own during the street style dancing in 'Electricity.' The audience were left completely awe struck by his backflips and impressive moves and he received the longest period of cheering/clapping afterwards that I have heard, it just went on and on. I love some of the little extras Ryan does, for example dancing while holding the moon during 'Merry Christmas Maggie Thatcher,' he always plays such a cheeky and lovable Billy.
Francesca is a fab Debbie and for the first time last night I noticed how she rather unsubtly 'checks out' Billy's bum during the pirouette scene- I will have to see if she does it again, I thought this was a brilliant extra touch!
In the second act, soon after 'Electricity' a technician walked onto the stage (much to the suprise of the cast and audience) to annouce some 'technical difficulties' that had to be resolved before the show could continue. Luckily the show was only on hold for about 10 mins before the manager came onto the stage and the curtains were lifted once again to loud cheering from the audience.
During the finale, Ryan cheekily lifted up his tutu in an Ann Emery fashion, but what was most lovely was his delighted face and the suprise when he exclaimed 'Whoooah' when he saw that the whole audience was giving a standing ovation (well at least the whole of the stalls and dress circle that I could see from where I was sitting) and from Ryan's face you could tell that it was a phenomenal response. But it was very much deserved for a phenomenal show! Hope to see Ryan perform again soon :D

(Adam x5, Harris x3, Kaine x2, Ryan x2) Next show booked Saturday! :D
pvmichaels
Small Boy

Post by pvmichaels »

I just came back from a trip to Europe and, based on the original plans, was only going to be able to catch one show, but, to my surprise, I was able to catch several shows! I was beyond happy and ecstatic!!! It got even better that I was able to see four of the different Billys. The only one I did not get to see was Adam, who doesn’t seem to be in the rotation as much as the others (I worry and hope nothing is wrong with him). Each Billy brings uniqueness to the role and plays Billy in a variety of ways. Each performance brought chills and tears, even though I have seen it so many times.

I can never do a review as well written as those that are posted on here, but I can say that each show was just fantastic, with each having unique elements to showcase the individual talents of the Billy performing. There seems to be some changes since last time I saw it, which just keeps improving the show (at least, I thought there were changes, maybe it was just me!).

The shows were all strong, with great audience participation. For each show, it seemed pretty packed, which should be a sign of the show continuing for a while (hopefully). The only negative occurrences were for several shows, there were problems with the sets and hydraulics and the show had to be stopped. These shows were the following the day where the show was cancelled. I wonder if there is a connection?

Overall, I am already planning my next Billython, which hopefully be soon! :D
Broadway-
Billy- Jacob 2x, Joseph 3x, Tade 4x, Peter 4x, Alex 1x, Giuseppe 1x, Julian 2x
Michael- Jake 1x, Cameron 7x, Neil 5x, Jack 4x

North American Tour-
Billy- Daniel 2x, Giuseppe 2x, Kylend 1x, JP 1x, Ty 1x, Zach 1x, Noah 2x, Ben 2x, Mitchell 3x, Drew 1x
Michael- Griffin 2x, Jacob 4x, Cameron 2x, Sam 4x, Jake 4x

London-
Billy- Scott 1x, Ryan 4x, Adam 2x, Harris 5x, Kaine 3x, Harrison 3x, Redman 2x

Michael- Joe M 5x, Connor L 4x, Connor K 4x, Reece 3x, thomas 2x, Jack 2x
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Glad you got to see multiple London Billys, pvmichaels. Thanks for your comments. Don't forget to change your signature. ;)
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
pvmichaels
Small Boy

Post by pvmichaels »

I realized I never changed it from back when I did a Billython in March too! I now finally updated it! Thanks for the reminder ERinVA! :)

Mike
Broadway-
Billy- Jacob 2x, Joseph 3x, Tade 4x, Peter 4x, Alex 1x, Giuseppe 1x, Julian 2x
Michael- Jake 1x, Cameron 7x, Neil 5x, Jack 4x

North American Tour-
Billy- Daniel 2x, Giuseppe 2x, Kylend 1x, JP 1x, Ty 1x, Zach 1x, Noah 2x, Ben 2x, Mitchell 3x, Drew 1x
Michael- Griffin 2x, Jacob 4x, Cameron 2x, Sam 4x, Jake 4x

London-
Billy- Scott 1x, Ryan 4x, Adam 2x, Harris 5x, Kaine 3x, Harrison 3x, Redman 2x

Michael- Joe M 5x, Connor L 4x, Connor K 4x, Reece 3x, thomas 2x, Jack 2x

Return to “Reviews - London”