Thommie Retter

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Re: Thommie Retter

Post by Billy Whiz »

A youtube video of the "Master of Tap" at his workshop on October 8th, 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppwlViw6R9k
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Looks like Trent and Thommie are going to repeat their guest appearance at the Dance Makers International Finals in Myrtle Beach, SC again this year:

http://www.dancemakersinc.com/blog/cele ... inals.html
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
atreyu
George

Post by atreyu »

Here's a shout out to the man who makes "Born to Boogie" such a spectacle on Broadway with his unique ;) skills. Today was the first show I saw without Thommie Retter and the absence was noticeable. Hope to see the inimitable Mr. Retter next time.
Billy Fanatic
Small Boy

Post by Billy Fanatic »

atreyu wrote:Here's a shout out to the man who makes "Born to Boogie" such a spectacle on Broadway with his unique ;) skills. Today was the first show I saw without Thommie Retter and the absence was noticeable. Hope to see the inimitable Mr. Retter next time.
I was at both shows on Sunday and agree, the role just isn't the same without Thommie. Both performances Michael Arnold certainly was more than credible as Mr. Braithwaite but something noticeable was missing without Thommie's magic infusing the part with his special spirit and skills. (Fortunately Thommie did do the part the other three performances I saw during this Billython - Thursday evening and both shows Saturday.
Billy Fanatic
"Normal not to be normal"

BROADWAY - 19:
Billy: Alex K. x3, Giuseppe x1, Jacob x2, Joseph x5, Julian x2, Myles x1, Peter x4, Tade x1
Michael: Cameron x7, Jack x5, Jake S. x2, Neil x5
Debbie: Georgi x5, Lilla x14
Small Boy: Alex D. x10, Seth x3, Zachary x6
Tall Boy/Posh Boy: Ben x12, Giuseppe x1, Joseph x2, Julian x2, Myles x1, Tade x1

TOUR - 3
RICHMOND, VA:

Billy: Ben x1, Drew x1, Noah x1
Michael: Jake K. x1, Sam x2
Debbie: Samantha x3
Small Boy: Cal x3
Tall Boy/Posh Boy: Jake K. x2, Sam x1
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

Thommie is the Mickey Hatcher of Broadway(if you get that you are a very very good Dodger fan)
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

StevenKing wrote:Thommie is the Mickey Hatcher of Broadway(if you get that you are a very very good Dodger fan)
I don't get it. ;)
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

dongringo wrote:
StevenKing wrote:Thommie is the Mickey Hatcher of Broadway(if you get that you are a very very good Dodger fan)
I don't get it. ;)
Thank god for that. I thought it was just me that was not on the same wavelength.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

Then obviously you are not a very very good dodger fan. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mickey_Hatcher
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_World_Series

One of my fav baseball players...because I swear he looks like he was picked out of the stands to play, really didnt look like a ball player but he loved it and it showed. Plus he's now a hitting coach...Tommy and him just fit.

Steven
atreyu
George

Post by atreyu »

StevenKing wrote:...because I swear he looks like he was picked out of the stands to play, really didnt look like a ball player but he loved it and it showed.
Several of the comments have been made in a context for those who have seen Thommie Retter perform. So for those who have not had the pleasure, I will attempt to describe some part of the experience and maybe the thread will make a little more sense. But words cannot capture the enchantment and the advice would be to get to Broadway to see it for yourself.

You observe the Mr. Braithwaite character with the unkempt hairstyle sauntering around early and figure he'll just be part of the comic relief or something like that. Then he shows a few moves at the start of Born to Boogie and you think, Hey he moves pretty well for a big man. And then when Thommie demonstrates so incredibly well that hip hop is actually not just the domain of youngsters like Billy or street youths, you conclude OMG! Forget the large or small (trapezeoid?) qualifiers, this guy can dance!

It is something to write home about.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Cast - Broadway”