Audiences at Victoria Palace

R.A.C
Small Boy

Audiences at Victoria Palace

Post by R.A.C »

Hi there,

I'm going to see the show on wednesday and am sooo excited! I just thought, out of interest, that I would have a look on the website to see how full it was going to be on the night ... and was really surprised to see that not much has sold at all! Is this common?

I haven't seen the show in a couple of years and back then it was always a full house. Of course it is a natural progression for a show to stop having full houses at some point as there aren't enough musical fans in the world to fill it for 7 years! But I was surprised at just how empty it looks on wednesday.

It is a shame because, in my experience, less audience often makes for a slightly 'tamer' show. BUT of course i am still very very excited and will do as much whooping as I can to make up for lack of it if need be!
Yorkie
Miner

Re: Audiences at Victoria Palace

Post by Yorkie »

This Wednesday? It doesn't look too bad from what I can see. They'll shift a few cut price seats at the TKTS booths on the day.

Jan/Feb/March seems to be the quietest time at the VPT from my limited experience of the last couple of years. Quite often they close the Grand circle and shift everybody down in to the Dress Circle.

I guess the depth of winter sees a drop in visitor numbers to London and with so much choice on offer, theatre goers are thin on the ground. I agree that quite often a smaller audience can have a negative impact on the atmosphere in the theatre - you'll just have to try harder to lift everybody ;)
MRS WILKINSON IS A RIGHT COW!

Return to “Chat about Billy Elliot the Musical - London”