Sao Paulo, Brazil

deebeeeff
Ballet Girl

Re: Sao Paulo, Brazil

Post by deebeeeff »

Personally, I suspect David Barker of fronting the money. :lol: So that he can go down there and take a photo or two. :o
Rich B wrote:
kport wrote:
StevenKing wrote:My theory...Brazil is inviting the world over the next 4 years(world cup, Olympics) and this is part of that push. The backers there may even lose money but think of it as a lose leader.
Good observation. I will not be surprised if this is being sponsored in some way.
Exactly - I can envision some Brazilian group saying to the tour "Come to Brazil and we'll pay your travel expenses" (or something along those lines.) As Steven mentioned, the spotlight will be on Brazil over the next 4 years with the World Cup and Olympics.
The Mini-Billython - Sacramento, Apr 11 - 13, 2013
"The Impossible" Hollywood Premier - Hollywood, Dec 10, 2012
Uncle Dave's 60th Birthday London Adventure - London, Oct 3 - 11, 2012
The Last Pirouette - NYC, Jan 5 - 9, 2012
Uncle Dave's Stealth Vacation - NYC, Oct 17 - 24, 2011
Uncle Dave's Liberation Celebration - New York City, Apr 11 - 18, 2011
Uncle Dave's Third Annual Birthday Billython - NYC, Oct 5 - 11, 2010
Fans in Denial - The REAL 5th Anniversary Show - London, May 6 - 14, 2010
Uncle Dave's Second Annual Birthday Billython - NYC, Oct 3 - 8, 2009
Uncle Dave's Memorial Weekend Big Apple Adventure & Billython - NYC, May 20 - 25, 2009
Uncle Dave's Birthday Billython - London, Oct 7 - 11, 2008
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

haha that's awesome!
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

deebeeeff wrote:Personally, I suspect David Barker of fronting the money. :lol: So that he can go down there and take a photo or two. :o
Rich B wrote:
kport wrote:
StevenKing wrote:My theory...Brazil is inviting the world over the next 4 years(world cup, Olympics) and this is part of that push. The backers there may even lose money but think of it as a lose leader.
Good observation. I will not be surprised if this is being sponsored in some way.
Exactly - I can envision some Brazilian group saying to the tour "Come to Brazil and we'll pay your travel expenses" (or something along those lines.) As Steven mentioned, the spotlight will be on Brazil over the next 4 years with the World Cup and Olympics.
Damn. You guessed :D :D ;)
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Broadway World has new information about the tour stop in Sao Paulo, including the fact that tickets go on sale to the general public on May 14th:

http://brazil.broadwayworld.com/article ... t-20130502

Note the unusually late performance times (9pm most evenings), which means the show won't be over til almost midnight. Brazilians must be late night people :)
Musical Fanatic
Ballet Girl

Post by Musical Fanatic »

porschesrule wrote:Broadway World has new information about the tour stop in Sao Paulo, including the fact that tickets go on sale to the general public on May 14th:

Note the unusually late performance times (9pm most evenings), which means the show won't be over til almost midnight. Brazilians must be late night people :)
If Brazil is any thing like Spain when I traveled Europe 10pm was considered a normal dinner hour. I remember eating diner in a hotel at 8pm and almost being alone. only the tourist restaurants were busy.

Sam
Bre*st Cancer awareness. My
Mom is now a ! year survivor
Lightman7
Small Boy

Post by Lightman7 »

Given that Noah has publicly posted he is not going to Brazil, do we know who is? Surely they aren't going to run with two Billys? Are we sure its the current tour cast? Or maybe just the sets being shipped down and a Portuguese cast?
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Lightman7 wrote:Are we sure its the current tour cast? Or maybe just the sets being shipped down and a Portuguese cast?
It's the North American tour cast as stated in a May 2, 2013 Broadway World article:

"Universal Stage Productions, Working Title Films, Old Vic Productions and NETworks Presentations, LLC announced today, in association with Time for Fun (T4F), that the North American Tour of Billy Elliot the Musical will travel to South America for a limited three-week engagement..."

Ticket information is also on the official BETMUS tour website:

http://www.billyelliottour.com/us-tour-tickets

As to your question about the Billys, it is unlikely that they'd go with just two Billys, but no official announcement has yet been made in that regard.
inspired
Tall Boy

Post by inspired »

We were able to find out some of this information last weekend in Grand Rapids. Several forum members asked Drew and Mitchell if they were continuing on to Brazil, and they said yes. Also, in talking with Joel Blum, he said that "a little over half the cast" would stay with the show through Brazil. Rich Hebert also told me he would finish it out by going to Brazil.

Mark
28 shows, 17 Billys, 11 cities
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

At Grand Rapids Samantha and Cameron both told me they were going to Brazil.
jakeu
Small Boy

Post by jakeu »

jdmag44 wrote:At Grand Rapids Samantha and Cameron both told me they were going to Brazil.

Also for what it's worth: Chris Howard told me he is going through twitter awhile back.

Return to “Billy Elliot the Musical - N. Amer./Int'l Tour”