February 2013 Reviews - London

Reviews of the show
MegaBillyfan
George

Re: February 2013 Reviews - London

Post by MegaBillyfan »

Just back from London :( I start feeling a bit "Homelike" coming to the VPT (after 17 shows - can that be normal?) - I´ve seen 4 different Billys on Thursday and Saturday and all I can say is wow!!!! I agree with the reviews about the Thursday shows: Redmand and Harrison were just outstanding! Redmand`s Letterscene was really heartbreaking, I think I´ve never seen it so emotional. And I love Harrison´s street-style-Billy (can I say so?). His Angry Dance and his Electricity are amazing - my daughter has seen him for the first time and she was filled with wonder!
Saturday performances were astonishing too - I couldn`t resist buying a ticket when I saw Tade´s name on the board - and it was worth it: it took him some moments to convince me! Really astonishing, especially his singing voice ( and all the rest too ;) )!
In the evening I saw Kaine for the last time and wished I could be there next Saturday :( to watch his very last show!
Interesting detail: in the afternoonshow "George" got ill, in the eve "Mrs.W." - hope they are fine next week!
London: 27 shows (Ryan 2* - my first Billy, Dean, Kaine 4*, Adam, Redmand 4*, Harrison 3*, Harris 2*, Tade 3*, Ali 2*, Matteo, Ollie, Bradley, Nat, Euan - my last Billy)

I can´t really explain it, I haven´t got the words
It´s a feeling that you can´t control ...
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

MegaBillyfan wrote:Just back from London :( I start feeling a bit "Homelike" coming to the VPT (after 17 shows - can that be normal?) - I´ve seen 4 different Billys on Thursday and Saturday and all I can say is wow!!!! I agree with the reviews about the Thursday shows: Redmand and Harrison were just outstanding! Redmand`s Letterscene was really heartbreaking, I think I´ve never seen it so emotional. And I love Harrison´s street-style-Billy (can I say so?). His Angry Dance and his Electricity are amazing - my daughter has seen him for the first time and she was filled with wonder!
Saturday performances were astonishing too - I couldn`t resist buying a ticket when I saw Tade´s name on the board - and it was worth it: it took him some moments to convince me! Really astonishing, especially his singing voice ( and all the rest too ;) )!
In the evening I saw Kaine for the last time and wished I could be there next Saturday :( to watch his very last show!
Interesting detail: in the afternoonshow "George" got ill, in the eve "Mrs.W." - hope they are fine next week!
Did they partake of Findus Lasagna?
MegaBillyfan
George

Post by MegaBillyfan »

kport wrote: Did they partake of Findus Lasagna?
I don´t hope! ;)
London: 27 shows (Ryan 2* - my first Billy, Dean, Kaine 4*, Adam, Redmand 4*, Harrison 3*, Harris 2*, Tade 3*, Ali 2*, Matteo, Ollie, Bradley, Nat, Euan - my last Billy)

I can´t really explain it, I haven´t got the words
It´s a feeling that you can´t control ...
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Here's a rare (for the London production of BETM) review. It's by a blogger who is not a Forum member. But, after reading her review, perhaps she should be :lol:

http://charlottecoster.blogspot.co.uk/
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Wednesday, February 13th, 2013.

I was really pleased when I turned up at the VP and saw Harris's name on the board as I have not seen him for a while. He was turning in a wonderful performance but when he did not appear as Jackie and Tony have their argument before The Letter it looked as if there could be a problem. The show was stopped and the stage manager came on and said there would be a short break and for everybody to remain in their seats.

After about 10 minutes David Massey came on stage and said that Harris was feeling unwell and he would be replaced by Harrison Dowzell.

I hope that Harris recovers soon.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Yorkie
Miner

Post by Yorkie »

porschesrule wrote:Here's a rare (for the London production of BETM) review.
Strange because there are a lot of reviews posted on to the Facebook groups.
MRS WILKINSON IS A RIGHT COW!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

We don't have any say over where fans decide to post their reviews. But fortunately, we always get great ones of the London show from patc! You should write a review for us too, Yorkie. 8-)

PS: We do get quite a few reviews of the BETM Tour performances, both by critics and bloggers in each city, and by members when they see the show on the road. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Yorkie wrote:porschesrule wrote:
Here's a rare (for the London production of BETM) review.

Strange because there are a lot of reviews posted on to the Facebook groups.
Perhaps I didn't word my earlier comment clearly enough, but my intent on labelling that post a "rare review" wasn't meant to speak to the relative lack of total reviews from Forum members (compared to what we see here from the Tour locations), but rather was meant to say it's rare to see a non Forum member review these days regarding the London production. Of course, I think that's largely due to the fact that the show is approaching eight full years of existence in one location (as opposed to moving to a "new" city every few days - and thus providing a whole new set of potential writers/critics with the opportunity to write about the show).
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

Thursday 14th February - all day

Tablets are the worst devices ever invented for typing on so this will be short.

The next time I feel like getting annoyed with Lady Luck all I have to do is remember VAL's Day 2013. Arriving at the theatre it was a shock (and delight) for the Kaine-starved-for-months-Thursday regulars to see his name on the board at long last.. We were not disappointed. The next three hours was exhibition stuff with the Mighty Kaine displaying all his magical expertise garnered over his long period in the show. It was a delight to sit there and enjoy it albeit with a tinge of sadness on his imminent departure. Magnificent stuff.

At 7pm back at the theatre there was another shock and delight. Tade was on the board. When a Billy retires the only consolation is that a new one comes along. How would Tade fare? OOO-AH, OOO-AH, Utah. Another American boy has stamped his name indelibly on the VPT floorboards. This was a magnificent display of Billyship. Voice, diction, acting all superb and incredible dancing.

Director John Ford shot his westerns in Monument Valley in Utah. Tade's performance was monumental by any standards. When he gets home there should be a new monument in the Valley. Tade's sculpture carved out in rock.

Pat
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

patc wrote:Director John Ford shot his westerns in Monument Valley in Utah. Tade's performance was monumental by any standards. When he gets home there should be a new monument in the Valley. Tade's sculpture carved out in rock.
Haha. Love it!

Thanks, Pat. The creativity of your reviews never fails to bring a smile to my face.

Return to “Reviews - London”