Another Electricity verse?

Is the Music live? Where are auditons held?
Eltonjohn
Miner

Another Electricity verse?

Post by Eltonjohn »

In comparing the OCR version of Electricty to that of the stage version, one poster has mentioned an additional or extra verse in the former. Does this mean that a verse was repeated in the former, or is there another verse with its own set of words that is never heard on stage? If so, can somebody please post these lyrics? I don't have access to an OCR copy.... Hmmmmm, should I buy one when the shows in town?
BETM: "the most expensive school play ever."
Lee Hall
in Playbill October 2008
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Another Electricity verse?

Post by ERinVA »

If you want to get it before that, there's always Amazon.

The lyrics in the show are the same as on the OCR. But when you watch publicity videos of the Billys doing the number on various TV shows, the number is often shortened to fit, so you don't get the whole thing.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

wait, where do you live that you don't have access to an OCR? I find most record stores carry them. You should really pick one up or order it. It'll be your new favorite CD!
Mike
Ballet Girl

Post by Mike »

there was the time extra verses were added by a former Billy... :lol: :lol:
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Yes, but I heard that it was a matter of "substitution," as opposed to "addition," and I heard that the AD made him write out the correct lines 100 times. ;) :lol:
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
atreyu
George

Post by atreyu »

Eltonjohn wrote:In comparing the OCR version of Electricty to that of the stage version, one poster has mentioned an additional or extra verse in the former. Does this mean that a verse was repeated in the former, or is there another verse with its own set of words that is never heard on stage?
A verse is repeated. Unfortunately they couldn't find a way for the OCR to capture the spectacular Billy dancing in that scene, so they filled the space with the repeated verse. ;)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for the reminder about that repeat, atreyu. I started to listen to the cd the other day, but the drive on my laptop decided it didn't want to play it, so I moved on to doing something else. Reminds me, I need to call tech support to sort the problem with the laptop. 8-)
Ellen

Eltonjohn
Miner

Post by Eltonjohn »

rob_hanson1979 wrote:wait, where do you live that you don't have access to an OCR? I find most record stores carry them. You should really pick one up or order it. It'll be your new favorite CD!
I play my own Electricity piano cover whenever I feel it move me, even if only just a tiny bit warmed up deep inside. ;)
Lee Hall
in Playbill October 2008
Eltonjohn
Miner

Post by Eltonjohn »

atreyu wrote:
Eltonjohn wrote:In comparing the OCR version of Electricty to that of the stage version, one poster has mentioned an additional or extra verse in the former. Does this mean that a verse was repeated in the former, or is there another verse with its own set of words that is never heard on stage?
A verse is repeated. Unfortunately they couldn't find a way for the OCR to capture the spectacular Billy dancing in that scene, so they filled the space with the repeated verse. ;)

You mean the visual is blank (dancing occurs but is not recorded / displayed) while the audio track repeats the (second It's a bit like feelin' angry) verse? Doesn't make sense to me, why prolong or extend the audio track in that manner? Don't follow. If visuals are 'missing' (not captured) then wouldnt that suggest more shortening the audio?
Lee Hall
in Playbill October 2008
Eltonjohn
Miner

Post by Eltonjohn »

ERinVA wrote:Yes, but I heard that it was a matter of "substitution," as opposed to "addition," and I heard that the AD made him write out the correct lines 100 times. ;) :lol:
Which reminds me... In the youtube of LM appearing at the Royal whatever-it-was gala performance, he sings.... I can't [gap] haven't got the words... suggesting that he came in a musical phrase too late ... And truly had not got (all) the words (out). Or was this a skip in the youtube file, I have always wondered about that...
Lee Hall
in Playbill October 2008

Return to “Information/Questions about BETM”