March 2013 Reviews - London

Reviews of the show
BILLYFAN
Debbie

Re: March 2013 Reviews - London

Post by BILLYFAN »

Saturday 23rd March mat 2.30pm

Tade/Zach/Macy

I,m not going to do a review, as patc and dancingboy had done excellent reviews, just to say that was the 1st time seeing Tade and Zach
Both and of course Macy where brilliant, Tade,s expressions and "Billyisms" are very good
In the Christmas scene when Micheal was putting on the tuto and saying it,s cold in here, he was,,nt jokeing, the temp. in the theatre was gong up and down like a yo yo, and the 1st 15 minutes into the second half it was cold!
It was nice meeting patc and 3 others forum members (sorry I've forgotten your names, I,m shocking at remembering names)
After a good day and show, and the trains being more or less on time, when I got back at Newton Abbot Stn, went to start the car, and -nothing- for the 1st time in 18 years called out the AA who said they will be there within 2 hours, luckly it was about 20 minutes.

May 18th my next visit to Billy Elliot
Barry Appleby
George

Post by Barry Appleby »

THURSDAY 28th MARCH, MATINEE

Redmand/ Joe/ Millie

At home even the lobsters, crabs have been sea sick and are comming ashore, so on this cold,windy day their couldn't be a better excuss to come down to London and see Billy, their was hardly a spare seat in the theatre and what a fabulous audience they turned out to be, they were really up for it, many overseas groups in.
Well I had Row V in the stalls, I couldn't be any further back, unless I sold icecreams,I really enjoyed my view because from there you can so appreciate the lighting effects.
It was the Pride of Portsmouth, himself, Redmand. He so, interacts well with the audience, he gave an outstanding performance throughout .He showed so much emotion in both the letter scenes and what a well earned and long ovation after Electricity, the audience egged him on and eventually he gave out such a beaming smile to everyone, "Well Done" Redmand. He was ably supported by Joe, Millie and the ballet girls, could be after some rough treatment a few extra bruises after Soldarity for him though.
The versatile David Bardsley played George, and Gillian Elsia was Grandma. So again a real big THANK YOU to all the cast for a great afternoons entertainment, much appreciated by all that attended.
Two questions, firstly how many times does the hard working ensemble do costume changes, and secondly who eats the half biscuits put back into the biscuit barrell.
A bigs thanks to Deka for the extra work put in during the finale of each show, for Billy to succeed again!! onto the short list for the Oliver Awards.
Forum members please give support to Mary Malone(FOH) and the staff for their sponsored bike ride over 10 London Bridges, I think its on the 12th May and its for The Stoke Foundation.

Barrys corny gag - A midget psychic escaped from prison and now there is a small medium at large.
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

Thanks, Barry, - Great stuff. Have been gasping for a TM review all day :D. Looks like I missed a really great Redmand show - and a great audience.

From that seat it sounds like you were able to wish SB good luck and collect Billy's coat, hat and case at the end :lol:

I'll 'ave a small lobster, medium fries and a large Sprite please :D.

Pat
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

Thursday 28 March (matinee)

Just a few more words to follow up Barry's earlier review. There was no doubt that it was the audience who were the recipients of Rolls Royce Redmand's refined, but realistic rendition of the Billy Elliot story. They loved every minute of the show, which had Redmand, once again, showing us what a good all-round performer he is. There were no histrionics with his performance, but it was still full of verve and vitality, combining fine acting, singing and dancing that got right to the heart of the Billy story.
Redmand's ballet Electricity was, as always, a joy to watch, with excellent timing and determined movements throughout, fully deserving of the thunderous applause he received.
Master Rance was certainly on top form, so a 'Well Done' to him, but also to the rest of the cast for a fine afternoon's entertainment.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

A very nice review from a London blogger:

http://chanelgoestothetheatre.weebly.co ... 00313.html

Return to “Reviews - London”