Billy Elliot Programs

rob_hanson1979
George

Billy Elliot Programs

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

Hey guys,
So each performance has a Billy Elliot program.. not the playbill but the kind you pay for. They're quite nice. I have a couple of the current tour ones, where the cover is black and shows one Billy dancer tapping.
I also have the west end version.
My question is, the original Broadway version with the three original Billys... is the inside quite different from the current tour one? Like if I buy a copy, am I getting something different than I already have?
Also, are there any other versions out there, like an Australian or Korean version?
angelenroute
Billy

Re: Billy Elliot Programs

Post by angelenroute »

rob_hanson1979 wrote:Also, are there any other versions out there, like an Australian or Korean version?
To answer this part of your question, I know there's a Korean version because a Billy friend got me one when she went to see the show there. It's filled with pictures from the show there plus Korean-language with some English throughout. A great keepsake!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

The program(me) in London has changed numerous times over the years as cast changes have occurred. There are no playbills at the London show, and no regular inserts in the souvenir program, so if you don't purchase a program, and you don't already know who the cast members are, you will not know whom you're watching (except, of course, the listing of Billy/Debbie/Michael on the board, which most casual visitors to the show don't even know about).
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

Incidentally, the cost of the London Programme has recently been increased from £5 to £6.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

dancingboy wrote:Incidentally, the cost of the London Programme has recently been increased from £5 to £6.
So much for economic cutbacks!

Slightly cheaper, I believe, than the one sold on tour. Are mugs still a fiver? I paid $15 for one several weeks ago - and only a fiverfor one in London last November.
Brad
George

Post by Brad »

There was definately an Australian version - it is very similar to the London version and both are slightly smaller than the original Broadway one (typical Americans - have to be bigger all the time :lol: ) From memory the cover in Australia never changed between Sydney and Melbourne, only the list of and bio's of the actors inside.

This is from my experience. But it did make me go through my Billy Bag and dig out all things Billy - interesting and memorable indeed :D
Cheers

Brad
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

ok cool. The Korean one sounds like a cool keepsake, and probably hard to find!

So for the Tour program that is currently out, and the original Broadway one with the 3 original Billys on the cover... is there much difference in them? Like photos and content?
I just don't wanna buy the Broadway one on ebay if its the same as what I have.
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

anyone?
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

The programs are not the same.

The Broadway one is 10 X 14, and it has the three original Broadway Billys at the barre on the cover. The photo spreads inside are all Broadway pics. I don't have a current tour program, but the First National Tour program is 9 X 13, with a white "dust cover" over a black cover printed with Billy (George Maguire) in the middle of Angry Dance. The photo spreads inside include Broadway and First National Tour pics. I will have to remedy my lack of a current tour program when I see the show in Hartford.

I currently possess a Broadway program, a First Tour program, an Australia program, and numerous London programs, including the First Anniversary, Liam's Last Night, Fifth Anniversary, and eight regular programs from various shows over the years.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Eltonjohn
Miner

Post by Eltonjohn »

The souvenir album that was on sale tonight in Vancouver is dated 2008.

The concession stand was sold out of 'be inspired' Andy Warhol style shirts BTW.

Signed posters were on offer for the charity (pink ribbon?) following the performance. As well you can get your photo taken standing beside BE and Mrs. W, in front of a 1984 miners strike headline newsprint backdrop, for a charitable contribution.
BETM: "the most expensive school play ever."
Lee Hall
in Playbill October 2008

Return to “"Billy" Around the World”