June 2013 Reviews - London

Reviews of the show
Katwoman
Small Boy

Re: June 2013 Reviews - London

Post by Katwoman »

Pat!!
Another great review. Your metaphors are brilliant, although in this case a bit painful. I have been having some security problems with my computer (now solved, thankfully) and have been repelling the might of Microsoft trying to sell me a much more expensive package! Their operatives don't seem to understand the word "no". All I can think is that their commission must be good!
I'm hoping that next Saturday afternoon at the VPT will improve my mood, although the anticipation will mount up over the week. Which Billy will it be? Will I see Anna-Jane Casey as Mrs Wilkinson for the first time? Will I still love it as much as I usually do?
Just one final comment. I watched "Billy Elliot" the film on Thursday night for the first time in a long while. What a brilliant little film it is, and what geniuses (genii?) are Lee Hall, Elton John, Stephen Daldry and Peter Darling for transforming it so wonderfully for the stage.
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

Thanks, everyone.
LOL, my own PC has just got it's revenge. With three hard drives installed it chose the system one to crash :evil: . Luckily I image it regularly and just had to buy a new drive this morning and transfer the system back.

Katwoman, I know you'll enjoy the show whomsoever you see. Hope you will post a review here afterwards.

John, I look forward to your sporting review of Thursday evening's show :D

Pat
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

Saturday 15 June ( matinee)

Red was the colour, Rance was the name,
His acting superb, His dancing the same,
Pauses, expressions, with enquiring glances,
Top quality movement in all of his dances,
No more could be asked of this young man,
Who wowed the audience, not just this fan,
We clapped and we cheered right to the finish,
Our delight for the show did not diminish,
Finale was fun and put a seal on the show,
Redmand was fantastic, I thought you should know.
Remkove
Audience Member

Post by Remkove »

dancingboy wrote:Saturday 15 June ( matinee)

Red was the colour, Rance was the name,
His acting superb, His dancing the same,
Pauses, expressions, with enquiring glances,
Top quality movement in all of his dances,
No more could be asked of this young man,
Who wowed the audience, not just this fan,
We clapped and we cheered right to the finish,
Our delight for the show did not diminish,
Finale was fun and put a seal on the show,
Redmand was fantastic, I thought you should know.

I saw the show. Redmand was fantastic.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Yay for poetry! Well done! :)
Katwoman
Small Boy

Post by Katwoman »

My nephew and his wife finally got to see the show and attended the aforementioned Saturday matinee. The main drift of their comments was "the show was fantastic" and "that kid was brilliant". And I just sat there smirking. I didn't say "I told you so", but I came pretty close!
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

Thursday 20th June - all day

Matinee: Harrison/Joe/Francesca

Evening: Redmand/Zach/Millie

A boy's blog on yesterday at the VPT.

Yestiday was my burfday so me Dad brung me to London to see Billy Elliot. I never seen a show in London before and didn’t reely now weder I wud like it but it was reely brill. Before the show started me Dad told me how to beehive in the teeter and that I was not to be ashamed to cry during the show. A litle boy climbed up on the stage and me Dad said that he was a litle brat and wer was his Mum but the boy was axully in the show but he wasent Billy. Even the sekind boy that came on wasent Billy but then Billy comes in with his Dad. Then anudder boy comes in but his Dad grabs him and pushes him out. I was wundering how did all these boys get into the same show.

At the start I cuddent belive it when Billy used the f word and so did his frend Mykil in annuder seen. I didn’t know witch of them was the worser curser. Even Billys Dad used bad words but me Dad didn’t seem to mind coz he was laffin at them. The boy playing Billy was called Harrison and Mykil was played by Joe.

Ther was a very funny boxing match between Billy and Mykil and the boxing trainer got hit in the goolies.I used to go to boxing lessins but got fed up coz I didn’t like the trainer but if I had the boxing trainer that was in the play I wud definnly start lerning boxing again.

Ther was a hole load of gurls that were doing ballee and when Billy joined in they kept pushing him around all the time.

The funniest thing ever was a seen where Mykil is werring a dress and purswedes Billy to wer one to. He even puts lipstick on Billy to make him look more like a gurl. The too of them then danced all around the stage and then loads of big dresses came on and danced with them. I was amaized that any boys would do all that in front of loads of people but they were brill.

Billys brudder Tony then had this terable row with his Dad and he had an iren bar in his hand but his Dad punched him and he fell on the floor and the bar floo out of his hand. It reely looked as if his Dad had reely hit him but he got up OK.

Billy sang a very sad song about a letter and the gost of his dead Mam appered to him witch was very sad. A man beside me that had grey hair was crying. So was me Dad.

After this sad bit there was a very funny seen when the piano man at the ballee class started to dance as well and then Billy and the ballee woman started skipping with him.

Ther was a gurl in it called Debbie who was played by a gurl called Francesca. She was a brill actris and very funny but then ther was a rood scene between her and Billy witch was very funny but me Dad said I wasent to menchin this part.

The best part of the first part of the show was a seen where Billy gets reel angry and does an amaizing dance wile the miners and the coppers fight all around him and then the coppers come in with hooge shields and bang their sticks on them to frighten Billy but he dosent give a hoot and just shows them too fingers.

During the brake we had delishes ice cream and we looked at the program to see if we could see witch actor was playing each part but it was very hard. Some of the actors dident look like there pictures in the program.

At the start of the secund half we were all told to jine in and clap our hands while they sang a song about Mrs. Tatcher dieing. The man in front of us dident clap his hands and me Dad said he must have been a Tatcher sporter.

There was anudder grate scene where Billy dances ballee with an older boy. The music was lovly me Dad said it was from a ballee called swan lake. Then Billy started to fly around the stage up and down and across. I cuddent belive how this was done at first but then I saw a wire hanging down from the roof that was attatched to him. It must have been very scary up there but Billy seemed to be injoyn it coz he was smiling all the time.

Then there was a hooge row between Billys brudder Tony and his Dad witch ended with bote of them crying as well.

Billy went with his Dad to the royal ballee ordishion but he got very angry with another ballee boy and did him in against the curtin. The ballee people were very annoyed with him after that but he showed them what a grate dancer he was by singing a song called lectricity and doing a brill dance as well. The dance was like crazy with Billy trowing himself around doing jimnasticks as well as dancing. At the end of it he ran towards the wall and did an amaizing summersalt but landed on his feet. Everybody in the oudience was clapping for ages.

There was a very funny bit where a ballee man comes out threw a door wering very tight trowsers and shouts at Billys Dad. Me Dad woodent let me put in what I was going to say about it.

Billys grandma was grate. My grandma wuddent be able to sing and dance and lep around the stage like that.

I won’t give away the ending in case any body hasent seen it yet but it was the best thing ever.

When we came out I said to me Dad that I’d love to see it again and he said that my big sprise was that we were going to see it again at half seven after we had chicken and chips in nandos.

In the next show two compleetly diffrent boys played Billy and Mykil. Ther names were Redmand and Zach and they were as brill as the boys what played in the first show. A diffrent gurl played Debbie. Her name was Millie (it rimes with Billy) and she was brill too.

There was one big change from the first show. This time in lectricity Redmand did it a different way to Harrison but was just as amaizing. It was all brill ballee and when he was spinning around on his toes on the stage I don’t now how he dident fall. His legs and toes must have been very sore doing all that. Every body in the oudience was clapping for ages.

At the end of each show the oudience all stood up to clap so they must have injoyd it as much as I did.

The man with the grey hair went to this show as well and he told us that there was fore boys that played Billy, tree boys that played Mykil and tree gurls that played Debbie. He said the guvmint wuddent allow only one.

I reely was amazed cos before I seen the show I taut that reel boys couldn't be that good and they would use small men to play the boys but they were all axully reel boys.

It must be grate to be abel to be on a stage. All the kids seemed to be having a great time and wernt scared or anything and the men and wimmin were all abel to sing and dance as well.

I reely loved billy elliot. I told me Dad it was the best burfday ever. I asked him can I start doing dancing lessins. He said I can do what makes me happy. On the train home I was tired and fell asleep. I had a dream that this time next year I would be axully on the stage playing Billy. I hope it comes true.

Singed

Wayne Kord (age 11)

Well, it looks like Wayne enjoyed yesterday's two shows as much as I did. The entertainment was just fantastic. He obviously really appreciated just how brilliant Harrison, Redmand, Joe, Zach, Francesca and Millie were and, like everyone who sees this great show, is in wonderment and awe of such young multi-talented boys and girls.The adult cast were each and everyone in cracking form and I have no doubt but that word is spreading that the new cast have blended magnificently and so quickly.

I hope Wayne realises his dream and that this time next year he'll be Billy. Sometimes dreams "reely" do come true.

Pat
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thank you for passing along Wayne's review of the show, Pat. :D I "reely" enjoyed "reeding" it.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Barry Appleby
George

Post by Barry Appleby »

Oh! want a wonderful review from Wayne, Well Done! young man, we could do with someone like him on the forum, I, why not the grey haired man also from the audience, I wonder who he was?
Maybe Wayne was sat, not far from Redmand and Co, at Nando's, when having his Chicken & Chips between shows. Sounds at least, his train wasn't 2 hours late!! going home.
So a big thank you, to Wayne for both of your reviews, I hope you and your dad will visit the show again.

Barrys corny gag- Pat was waiting at the bus stop with his mate Murphy, when a lorry went past loaded with rolls of turf. Pat said "I'm gonna do that when I win the lottery"
"Whats that" said Murphy. " Send my lawn away to be cut" said Pat
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a brilliant review Pat - sorry, I mean Wayne ;)
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.

Return to “Reviews - London”