Post by jdmag44 »

I second that suggestion

Would prefer Mon May 12 as the date
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BETMUK Will Celebrate 10 Years

Post by ERinVA »

I expect that the anniversary show for 2014 will either be on Saturday evening, May 10, or Monday evening, May 13. If you reserve both of these shows, you are most likely going to see the anniversary show. The only time that it has been switched to March 31 was for the 5th anniversary, and that was because of scheduling conflicts for Stephen Daldry, who had a film in the running at Cannes that year.

The discussion about the 10th anniversary date, it seems to me, is probably very premature at this point. Yes, the company is holding out on those dates, but I expect that is because a decision has not been made yet. Since neither March 31 nor May 12 falls on a Saturday or a Monday, they are probably still trying to decide what to do, and the chosen celebration date may well be neither of those days.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
jakeu
Small Boy

Post by jakeu »

rob_hanson1979 wrote:We could always just pick a date, say May 13, and make that the "fans" anniversary show. Maybe plan a little reception afterwards for all the fans to gather and celebrate. That way even if we can't be part of the official event, we can at least have a special celebration.
Thirded. While I agree it is too early to do much of anything it would still be wise to do a gathering on a different night as we did in Hartford. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can make the trip.
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

ERinVA wrote:I expect that the anniversary show for 2014 will either be on Saturday evening, May 10, or Monday evening, May 13. If you reserve both of these shows, you are most likely going to see the anniversary show. The only time that it has been switched to March 31 was for the 5th anniversary, and that was because of scheduling conflicts for Stephen Daldry, who had a film in the running at Cannes that year.

The discussion about the 10th anniversary date, it seems to me, is probably very premature at this point. Yes, the company is holding out on those dates, but I expect that is because a decision has not been made yet. Since neither March 31 nor May 12 falls on a Saturday or a Monday, they are probably still trying to decide what to do, and the chosen celebration date may well be neither of those days.

Ellen, With Saturday being the 10th May ( 2014) then Monday will be the 12th, not 13th. Hope you don't mind that being pointed out.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

dancingboy wrote:
ERinVA wrote:I expect that the anniversary show for 2014 will either be on Saturday evening, May 10, or Monday evening, May 13. If you reserve both of these shows, you are most likely going to see the anniversary show. The only time that it has been switched to March 31 was for the 5th anniversary, and that was because of scheduling conflicts for Stephen Daldry, who had a film in the running at Cannes that year.

Ellen, With Saturday being the 10th May ( 2014) then Monday will be the 12th, not 13th. Hope you don't mind that being pointed out.
Not at all, dancingboy. Of course Monday will be the 12th. So much for my counting skills. :roll: :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Chat about Billy Elliot the Musical - London”