November 2013 Reviews - London

Reviews of the show
jdmag44
Michael

Re: November 2013 Reviews - London

Post by jdmag44 »

Thank you MsRF and Billy Whiz for the wonderfully detailed review and awesome pictures. I have seen a couple of final shows and I know how special and powerfully emotional they can be. Many of us are thousands of miles away yet you brought us with you right into the VPT. Thanks

Joe
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

I love these photos, David! My favorite is the third one where the two of them have their hands clasped in the air in a victory pose. Thank you and MsRF for providing reviews and details for the rest of us. Both Harrison and Joe certainly had a great long run. All the best to both of them.
:/
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I completely second Chris's post. Couldn't say it better, so I won't. 8-) :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
tankntonic
Ballet Girl

Post by tankntonic »

Here is a short video posted by Kaine on his public Instagran account:
http://instagram.com/p/ghDQI9GzE2/

Showing an emotional Harrison at the last of Finale
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

Saturday 9th November - all day

Matinee: Redmand/Zach A/Dayna

Evening: Harrison/Joe/Millie

Another fantastic day at the VPT that will be remembered by all who were there and there were quite a good many people who saw both shows.

The day got off to a great start with an absolutely stunning show led by Redmand who just oozes class from his fingertips. With great backing from brilliant Michael, Zach A, it was the perfect curtain raiser to what was to follow in the evening. Two shows of the HIGHEST quality.

It WAS a night of nights, make no mistake about it. It had everything you could wish for and more. Rachel has got right to the essence of the evening in her wonderful review and David has posted his usual fantastic photos. Thank you both and sorry I didn’t get to meet you, Rachel :cry: . The fact is there were so many familiar faces around that time was against anyone trying to catch up with everyone.

It was really nice to see both Harrison and Joe mingling with the fans after the show for photos and autographs. On what must have been a heavily emotional and tiring night for them they still had the energy left to oblige.

Of course, we can never thank them enough for what they have given to us over the years. I hope that they know and realise that, wherever BETM is discussed, their names will be right up there in the annals and that they will always be in our hearts.

I would like to mention Steve Paget, third in line to Dad’s throne. I doubt very much, even in his wildest dreams, that Steve would have expected to be suddenly thrust into such a successive string of shows let alone a mind-blowing, historical and highly charged last night so special kudos to him.

All great legends should be remembered in song so here it is, THE BALLAD OF HARRISON AND JOE :D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIkjYply2sg

It will be kept on Youtube until next Sunday 17th Nov. For anyone who might like to download it and doesn’t know how to download from Youtube it is available permanently from here
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4cxkukbqa0a39cu

Also the latest Memories of Billys video will shortly be available. The link will appear in the Multimedia and Gallery section in the upper part of the Forum.

Pat
1RadBilly
Tall Boy

Post by 1RadBilly »

MsRF wrote:
His Electricity was absolutely flawless and for me, very emotional. The cast were all watching him from the wings and applauding. Particularly on his last 'I'm free!' yell before finishing the dance, he was like an open book and there was so much emotion in that scream. After he was finished, he received a standing ovation (obviously!) and put his head back and closed his eyes and beamed, soaking it up. I hope he remembers that moment forever.
Thanks for the perfect review Rachel! I especially loved your Electricity comments, that 'I'm free' scream was an amazing moment in Harrison's absolutely stunning performance, and it was so wonderful to watch him soak it up! What an amazing crowd at the VPT :D , you couldn't have asked for a better response. One other nice touch to the show was at the end after Harrison kissed Joe and started walking down the aisle he stopped at about the sixth or seventh row, turned back toward the stage and stood there for one final look back at Joe before the curtain came down.

The show was an absolute masterpiece, an EPIC performance!

Best wishes to Harrison and Joe!! You guys are amazing!! Thanks for giving it your all. You brought so much joy to so many people.
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

Saturday 9 November ( evening)

It is simply not possible to find the right words to describe the atmosphere, the euphoria, the whole audience, which surrounded a stunning and amazing performance from Harrison on his last night and it was a 'star studded' audience as well. Harrison put in a flawless performance from start to finish in front of several ex-Billys ( Ryan, Kaine, Harris, Tom Holland), ex-Michaels, Tall Boys, small boys and ballet girls. It was great to see them all there supporting both Harrison and Joe on their last night.

During his eighteen months on stage as Billy it never took Harrison long to get into overdrive and, unsurprisingly, last night was no exception. Everything we have come to expect from him was there and the ovations from the audience were almost overwhelming. As I was sitting in seat B18 I could easily see that on a couple of occasions during the evening Harrison was close to tears, and who could blame him for that. In all the times I have seen the show I have never witnessed a 'full house' standing ovation following Angry Dance. The dance and the ovation certainly brought a tear or two to my eye. We all needed a break to catch our breath after that.

Electricity was quite outstanding. The words were beautifully sung and when Harrison came to the front of the stage, before starting his dance routine, he looked to the left and to the right, with eyes on his family and with a great big smile on his face. The standing ovation at the end of the routine, which finished with the backflip off the board, was the loudest and longest I have ever heard. If it was necessary for Harrison to speak then, I do not think he could have done. For Harrison it was ( virtually) the end and he was Free.

It was also the last chance we had to see the impish Joe Massey as Michael, leaving the show after three and a half years. His was another flawless performance, without a doubt. His smile, his infectious laughter and his antics in the Boxing scene and the Winter scene were once more in evidence, plus, of course, his excellent tap dancing in Expressing Yourself. His soulful face, as the curtain came down, will stay long in the memory.

So, an emotional evening for many people had to come to an end, but not before Harrison and Joe left their party, courtesy of the Company and their families, to meet the fans for photographs, programme signing etc. Grateful thanks to all concerned for allowing this to happen.

The Show must go on and the Show will go on as Life must go on. Whatever the future holds for both Harrison and Joe ( and I am sure they will have bright ones) I can only send them my thanks for entertaining so much during their time in the Show and wish them every success. They have thoroughly deserved it.
Borrobil
Ballet Girl

Post by Borrobil »

Here are two more photos of Harrison and Joe’s last Curtain call. Not up to David’s standard but whatever. It was a brilliant emotional night.

~ Paul ~
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Great photos. Thanks!
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

Again - THANK YOU VERY,VERY MUCH for the reviews and photos. They almost take us with you into VPT. Of all the wonderful things this forum offers it is the personal reviews of members that mean the most to me, and I would dare say all of us who were unable to be at the show. Keep them coming, we miss the show very much over here.

Joe

Return to “Reviews - London”