New from San Diego

A place for new members to introduce themselves
missedcalling
Audience Member

New from San Diego

Post by missedcalling »

Just wanted to say hi.
I was recently treated to an amazing performance by Mitchell Tobin on my last full day in London (April 24th) and am really glad I made the effort to attend (we were not in the mood due to vacation fatigue from pretty busy three weeks in Europe).

There's not really much else I can say that hasn't already been expressed by various members of the forum. My heart does goes out to all those dedicated people involved with the musical.

I can't really believe it took me this long to see the musical (I love Cirque Du Soleil and anything similar) and, in retrospect, regret it - I would have loved to have seen a performance from each Billy...disheartening since just last year the national tour came through my city and I didn't hear anyone talk about it. It's really a shame since I really don't think people know what they're going to get (I certainly didn't).

I think what really made Billy Elliot so magical for me was when I realized just how much dedication - how much of their life - these kids put into their training , both for the show and probably from the earliest part of their life, commendable.
Refreshing really given how most kids their age defining moment was probably some head shot in Call of Duty (and probably mine).

Well, here's hoping a much longer production run and a return on my part.

-paul
angelenroute
Billy

Re: New from San Diego

Post by angelenroute »

Welcome, and congratulations!!!

We all start somewhere, so I hope this is just the beginning of your Billy Elliot The Musical fan experiences. The show is going strong there in London, and new productions opening soon in Europe, but we'll have some regional productions here in the states too.

Best wishes and welcome again!
Sean
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

A very warm welcome to the Forum. I hope you enjoy exploring and posting. I am here in London for the first time seeing the show London style. I do hope you get to see the show again.

Joe
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Welcome to the Forum!

You may be interested to hear that a regional production of BETM has been proposed to take place in La Mirada, California, at the city's Performing Arts Center, from January 16th to February 8th, 2015.

There is information about it on a thread in this forum:

http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... 160&t=4715
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Welcome to the forum, Paul!
-Chris
:/
Eltonjohn
Miner

Post by Eltonjohn »

Where exactly is La Mirada? Fly into San Diego?
BETM: "the most expensive school play ever."
Lee Hall
in Playbill October 2008
missedcalling
Audience Member

Post by missedcalling »

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes.

As far as La Mirada, CA is concerned, it's actually located in Los Angeles (a relatively short drive for me). Most people would be best served flying into Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) or possibly an even closer airport airport like Long Beach airport (http://www.lgb.org/).
Although I went to college in LA (Pasadena), I rarely ventured that far south flying only into LAX and Burbank airports - an LA native could you help out more.

As far as the productions in La Mirada, I definitely plan to be there. And, of course, I plan to make it out to London in the near future!

-paul
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Welcome to the forum, Paul. Glad you found us. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “New Members”