Coming to Iceland

dongringo
Debbie

Re: Coming to Iceland - March 7 - May 25

Post by dongringo »

porschesrule wrote:Tickets are now being sold through June 24, 2015.

https://midi.is/sale/tickets.aspx?s=%2f ... P9QqkqdikK
June 14 actually. I know because I got my ticket for June 14, the only day I will be in Reykjavik in which I will be able to attend. Thanks porschesrule for mentioning this! Can't believe it. Woo hoo!!!
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
Billy Person
Audience Member

Post by Billy Person »

Seems they're selling seats from Wed through Sun consecutively through June 14. I know you're excited to see the last show, Dondringo, but I kind of hope they're just doing an Icelandic siesta and then start up again in the fall. At least that's what this British gentleman said with some authority in Copenhagen. I'm sure no one has ever been given misinformation from a Billy Elliot fan. ;)
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

But why would they sell tickets if the show wasn't to go on? Doesn't make sense.

Or do you mean a siesta after June 14?

Edit: Oh I get it...had to re-read your comment. Oops :lol:
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Here is a very interesting article about Lee Proud, choreographer of Reykjavik's BETM, who appears to be back in the UK now.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/culture/art ... ud-9176083
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

Finally I can make it to Iceland, this or / and next weekend. But they're sold out! Wouldn't that be a good reason to prolongate the run of the show and sell some more tickets :? :?:
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

So glad I got my ticket for the final show. I'm in Iceland now...going mountain biking today. :)
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

Just returned to the hotel from the show. I was floored by the exceptionally high quality of this production. The choreography, set design, orquestra, and the talent, oh the talent, on that stage was of the highest order. Blown away over here...and not just from the wind.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Don't forget to post a review in the Reviews section. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Darth_Revan
Ballet Girl

Post by Darth_Revan »

dongringo wrote:Just returned to the hotel from the show. I was floored by the exceptionally high quality of this production. The choreography, set design, orquestra, and the talent, oh the talent, on that stage was of the highest order. Blown away over here...and not just from the wind.
I've seen a few European productions of Billy and the Icelandic one was by far the best.
Exceptionally talented children cast, and a very thoughtful interpretation of the musical.
---
István
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

Darth_Revan wrote:
dongringo wrote:Just returned to the hotel from the show. I was floored by the exceptionally high quality of this production. The choreography, set design, orquestra, and the talent, oh the talent, on that stage was of the highest order. Blown away over here...and not just from the wind.
I've seen a few European productions of Billy and the Icelandic one was by far the best.
Exceptionally talented children cast, and a very thoughtful interpretation of the musical.
And exceptional adult cast as well. Grandma in particular stood out to me as outstanding, but they were all superb. Iceland is a country full of extremely talented people whether they be actors, musicians, poets, writers, dancers, etc. This country certainly packs a punch when it comes to the arts.

I'll try to write some kind of review later, although I'm not very good at reviews.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Return to “Chat About Billy Elliot - Iceland”