Sam Faulkner: Billy - Ogunquit and Raleigh

CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Sam Faulkner: Billy - Ogunquit

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Sam posted a cast photo on his Instagram, with the caption "Last day of rehearsal in NYC yesterday... heading to Maine tomorrow!"
http://instagram.com/p/phDlQzRSri/

In the front row are four boys and a girl. Along with Sam and Noah, we are likely looking at our Small Boy, Michael, and Debbie. The girl is tagged in the photo as Julia Yameen. A quick Google search shows that she played Annie in 2012. Sounds like another former Debbie we know. ;)

http://www.whatdouwannado.com/family/ci ... 6YL-bGTGM0
:/
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Grease ends its fantastic run tonight. The OPH is ready tomorrow for rehearsals. The weather is glorious. The beach is pristine. The lobsters are.....well, they are very inexpensive. And the people of Ogunquit are excited..................
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Sam added a comment later to the above photo saying "when I'm not on as Billy, I am on as Tall Boy." It sounds like there will be just one Michael and the standby Billy will play Tall Boy.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

We Yankees are renowned for our thrift. 'Waste not, want not' translated here from the Mother Country.

;)
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

CJ-Rochester wrote:Sam added a comment later to the above photo saying "when I'm not on as Billy, I am on as Tall Boy." It sounds like there will be just one Michael and the standby Billy will play Tall Boy.
This looks to be a huge test of stamina and physical conditioning for the Billys, especially Noah. With just the two Billy rotation, both Billys will be at the theatre for every performance for the entire month-long run, with just Mondays off. As Tade has done this week in St. Louis, Noah will be performing as Billy every day of the week, with Sam sharing the matinee days (Wed., Thurs., Sat.). But, of course, unlike Tade, the Ogunquit Billys will have to do it for four weeks straight. Depending upon how they'll be scheduled, for either of the boys, it'll be especially tough when they have to do a matinee following an evening performance.

It would seem the Playhouse's decision to go with the two Billy rotation really has them betting on the boys' ability to stay healthy. If illness or injury were to happen to either of them, I can't see how the other could handle an eight show week that includes two shows on three of the days.

Who knows, maybe they've hired Myles as the standby Billy :lol: :lol:
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Who knows, maybe they've hired Myles as the standby Billy :lol: :lol:
It is not as silly an idea as it sounds.

However, a dancer as experienced and well trained as Noah - and Sam - should have no difficulties, if risks are avoided (such as the piano flip). Having a backup from the Muny 'on call' from a distance makes sense, but not on site. School is out and the pressure of time and commitments is lessened; I am sure part of the reason the Tour and London rotate four Billys is to do with the tight schedule that must incorporate schooling (and there have been extended periods of several weeks when London had three active Billys, and it was during term time - and things did not fall apart).
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I went back and clicked the link for that instagram photo, and I do not see the new comment. I don't follow Sam's Instagram, so that might be the reason. But then if it can't be seen by someone who isn't a follower, it seems to me that the post may not be public.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

It appears the comment has been removed. Oh well.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Yes, the comment has been removed.

I would imagine that Ogunquit, like other venues, is careful to preserve a degree of confidentiality over such issues as casting, dates of who plays when, and the like, if for no other reason than to avoid customer disappointment if a casting change has to take place.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Noah has just completed three shows on the trot, so I would surmise that Sam's debut as Billy is imminent. Whether it is tonight, or to come, I am really looking forward to seeing it!

Break a leg, Sam, and have a blast!

Return to “Cast Members - Past Regional Productions”