10th Birthday Show

kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: 10th Birthday Show

Post by kport »

The Stage sums it up perfectly:
Verdict

One of the greatest British stage musicals of the last 30 years has plenty to celebrate as it reaches its 10th anniversary.

Five Stars
https://www.thestage.co.uk/reviews/2015 ... rformance/
jon01
Miner

Post by jon01 »

Excellent set of photos from Dan Wooller:

https://wooller.com/?page=12169&picsperpage=all

Jon
BillyAddict
Tall Boy

Post by BillyAddict »

CJ-Rochester wrote:It was a brilliant show. The Victoria Palace was packed with fans, former cast members, and others connected with the show over the years. Former Billys came from as far away as Australia (Josh D.) and the US (Corey and Tade).
So wish I could have made it over :(
167 Performances!

Lochie x 21.5; Nick x 11; Corey x 1; Rhys x 19; Rarmian x 17.75; Dayton x 24.75; Josh W-G x 18; Michael x 19; Josh D x 12; Daniel x 3; Tom x 1; Ollie G x 1; Fox x 1, Liam R x 2, Alex x 5, Cesar x 2, Tommy x 1, John Peter x 1, Peter x 4, Jacob x 2.
Scott x 30; Thomas x 28.25; Joel x 31; Landen x 33.75; Liam x 14; Jake x 1; Connor x 1; George x 1, Trevor x 4, Jake Evan x 3, Gabriel x 8, Keean x 2, Neil x 11.
Fiona x 18; Rosie x 25; Shannon x 23; Kelsi x 23; Prudence x 2; Lauren x 10; Cassandra x 15; Nina x 9; Isabelle x 12; Fleur x 2; Francesca x 1, Issy x 7, Maria x 4, Georgi x 17.
Darth_Revan
Ballet Girl

Post by Darth_Revan »

What a nice anniversary celebration! Great idea to invite the past ballet girls and the two recent boys to take part in the show.
And what a brilliant idea to share the show between the 6 boys.
It was a great show, congratulations to the whole cast and hope to see the show on the 20th anniversary as well :D
---
István
Brad
George

Post by Brad »

BillyAddict wrote:
CJ-Rochester wrote:It was a brilliant show. The Victoria Palace was packed with fans, former cast members, and others connected with the show over the years. Former Billys came from as far away as Australia (Josh D.) and the US (Corey and Tade).
So wish I could have made it over :(
Should have organised some work over here. It was great to be at the celebration.
Cheers

Brad
Bridget40
Tall Boy

Post by Bridget40 »

Great show/celebration all round..... I can imagine how disappointing it might have been for Matteo and Elliott to leave the company so close to the 10th birthday, so I think it was a fantastic gesture to include them in the show. I would have loved to have been closer to the action, and at 6ft 4, my husband found those seats nearly impossible to sit in. :lol: I also could have done without Lee Halls party political broadcast at the beginning, but other than that..... What a perfect night for Billy fans!
jen
Miner

Post by jen »

I understand that there were special programmes for the day what were they like? Are there any spare one at the theatre that I could purchase? Do hope everyone had a great time. Planned to go then didn't get around to buying a ticket then had Kidney stones and I am back at work now but not doing much in the evening so in the end didn't feel so bad about not getting a ticket!
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
Bridget40
Tall Boy

Post by Bridget40 »

jen wrote:I understand that there were special programmes for the day what were they like? Are there any spare one at the theatre that I could purchase? Do hope everyone had a great time. Planned to go then didn't get around to buying a ticket then had Kidney stones and I am back at work now but not doing much in the evening so in the end didn't feel so bad about not getting a ticket!
Are you talking about the free programme that was on the seats as you arrived? If so, there's not much to it. Two pages with all forty Billy's on it, and then a few more pages about how Billy has played in other countries. It's not worth buying to be honest. I think I have a copy indoors...... It's a bit scrumpled.
Borrobil
Ballet Girl

Post by Borrobil »

Some great photos and write up in Broadway world. Who's getting caked :o by Josh, Ryan and :twisted:Deano.
http://www.broadwayworld.com/westend/ar ... y-20150513
~ Paul ~
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Bridget40 wrote:Great show/celebration all round..... I can imagine how disappointing it might have been for Matteo and Elliott to leave the company so close to the 10th birthday, so I think it was a fantastic gesture to include them in the show.
I thought the same thing about Ann Emery . . . too bad she couldn't have been in the 10 year anniversary show. Wonder if she at least attended the performance ?

Return to “Special Shows - London”