And The Results Are In -- Great News!

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

And The Results Are In -- Great News!

Post by porschesrule »

I wanted to give everyone an update Re: my request for help in filling in all the missing London Billy tracking data, especially from the early days of the show….

The response to the request has been beyond my wildest dreams! About a dozen people responded, including a couple of people who it turns out had detailed spreadsheets. One gentleman, who was an active member of the old BE Forum, kept records of the early shows, taking the data from the tracking posts on that forum and creating his own personal spreadsheet with the data. Others, who have seen the show many times, have kept their own personal records of who they saw and they shared those records with me.

I wish to convey to each contributor, on the behalf of both myself and BETM fans everywhere, our thanks for providing this information. It’s for posterity – a historical record that hopefully will always exist as a reference source for lovers of the show.

Specifically, as I write this, we have now reduced the number of shows with no reported Billy to 257. That’s down from over 1000 when I made the request and, when you realize we are approaching 3900 total shows in London, it’s amazing that we now have only that few missing.

The breakdown of missing shows by year:
2005 = 157; 2006 = 16; 2007 = 9; 2008 = 8; 2009 = 58; 2010 = 8; 2011 = 1; 2012 to the present = none.

I have posted this information so that it’s accessible to anyone who is interested in it: http://www.theskykid.com/billy-elliot-m ... he-billys/

In that article, I have added charts for the years 2005 to 2008 (there were no charts for those years before) and I’ve updated the charts for months in other years where I have new information.

I have also updated the Cumulative Totals chart near the bottom of the article so that it now contains all 34 past London Billys along with their total shows, taking into account this new information.

All in all, I’m elated with the results and so happy I thought to ask for help in filling the gaps.

For anyone who thinks they might be able to help reduce the 257 further, I’d ask that you take a look at the charts and compare them to your personal records to see what shows we're still missing. Please either post any additional information here or PM me at the BE Forum (porschesrule) or on Facebook (Gary McShane).

Thanks again everybody!

Return to “Chat about Billy Elliot the Musical - London”