Alex Ko

johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Re: Alex Ko

Post by johnnyc »

I've read the first few chapters of Alex's book - very well done!
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

What a great website http://www.alex-ko.com/ Great video wonderful pics and background info. My copy of Alex's book will arrive from amazon tomorrow I can't wait to read it
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

While trying to see if I could order the book shipped to a country in Europe (because someone asked if he could get it in his country) I accidentally ordered the book from Amazon UK. I'd already ordered it from Amazon.com in the U.S.

So not only have I now supported Alex with a purchase here, I've apparently done so overseas too. :D

Sean
tankntonic
Ballet Girl

Post by tankntonic »

Finished the book on my iPad this morning. Totally enjoyed it, particularly Alex' arduous audition process, and his relationships with other BETM actors and creators. Everyone who follows this forum will know exactly who they are (occasionally Alex will describe a person at length before revealing their name)
This is an easy and enjoyable read, only took three hours. I learned several things, and got to see things through the eyes of a real insider.
I plan to read it again soon, and I recommend it to all..

David
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

The publishers of Alex's book, Harper Collins, has posted Alex's top 10 moments from his Broadway experience:

http://harpercollinschildrens.tumblr.com/
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Here's Alex doing a book signing session at Rosie's Theater Kids:

http://instagram.com/p/YyM2dTS2oq/

http://www.rosiestheaterkids.org/
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

ALEX KO From Iowa to Broadway My Billy Elliot Story

I was sure I would like reading Alex’s story. I have become such a fan of the show and I am very interested in all aspects of the production so naturally I was going to enjoy this book. What surprised me right from the Introduction through to the final chapter was that it was so beautifully written . A simple style yet inviting and compelling. He shares his thoughts and his feelings freely and honestly and shares his amazing journey through real agony and real ecstasy. His dad’s diagnosis with liver cancer and his slow agonizing death are the core of the first third of the Book They loved each other deeply. I had to stop reading for a day to recuperate for I myself went through the same thing when my dad was diagnosed with liver cancer and died two years later when I was 13. My heart ached for Alex I knew how devastating it was for him. When I returned to the book I was taken on a wonderfully detailed description of the rehearsal process and the sheer joy Alex experienced preparing for and performing in Billy Elliot. His roller-coaster ride of ups and downs injuries and learning experiences were all laid out in this book. If you are a fan of BETM (dahh! of course you are) you will really LOVE this book.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

I started my copy this weekend and am really enjoying it too. Very well written and is it just me or do you feel like Billy is still playing at The Imperial when he talks about things there? Really cool feeling!
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

It is a great read. I warmly recommend it to any BETM fans.
cws8998
Ballet Girl

Post by cws8998 »

I admit to being transfixed by Alex's read. Despite so many disappointments and obstacles, this remains a heart warming historical window into the artistic development of a very young but thoroughly talented and brilliant mind determined to fulfill the very depth of his being. It is such a wonderful personal perspective into Alex's heart, I literally read it from cover to cover over a period of two days. Just couldn't put it down. For all those who truly cherish BETM you should give yourself the opportunity to absorb his story. Also, enjoyed his sharing so many nuances behind the scenes of his auditioning experiences through his first steps on stage as Billy. So much we don't know. So much we may have, perhaps, wished to experience with thoughts of our own Broadway career. I congratulate him and express deep appreciation for sharing so many of his personal joys and tribulations with us. What a terrific keepsake for all of us to whom this musical means so much.

Colin

Return to “Cast - Broadway”