Billy Live Blu-ray/DVD

angelenroute
Billy

Re: Billy Live Blu-ray/DVD

Post by angelenroute »

rob_hanson1979 wrote:they've definitely re-edited the show, because they use close ups when appropriate and full body shots are used for the dance scenes (one of my biggest complaints was that we couldn't see some of the dancing). So I'm extremely happy about this.
Cool to hear! Thanks, Rob!

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
OliverWaters
Ballet Girl

Post by OliverWaters »

I might make the audience shot where I'm clearly visible as my display picture.
Occam's razor: The simplest answer is the most probable.

Oliver's razor: The most boring answer is the most probable.
Caelc
Audience Member

Post by Caelc »

rob_hanson1979 wrote:So add my name to the list of people in North America who ordered the Blu Ray and it worked fine! In fact, I tried it on both my PS3 and my blu ray player, and no issues on either!

While I didn't get to watch the whole thing, I did watch a few select numbers, and I must say I'm thoroughly impressed! Some of the complaints I had when I saw it on the big screen have been cleaned up. The picture quality is as good as could be. The audio is great for a live recording and so much more clear than it was in the cinema. And I think in the US they showed the same edit as what was broadcast live in the UK, but they've definitely re-edited the show, because they use close ups when appropriate and full body shots are used for the dance scenes (one of my biggest complaints was that we couldn't see some of the dancing). So I'm extremely happy about this. I was extremely happy with the Dream pas de deux. It was beautifully edited, with elegant sweeping camera work.

For any of you who have been on the fence about buying this, this is what we have been waiting for, folks!

that is good to know. I had it on order and cancelled it thinking it wouldn't work.

Now I have Christmas week off and trying to decide if I take a hop across the pond to london for Christmas and catch a couple of shows.
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

got my Bluray yesterday...to find my PS3 wont spin any discs(first generation with super small hard drive anyway, and sounded like a jet engine when playing discs so I should have upgraded to a new ps3 years ago)...&*()!!! Had to decide to upgrade to ps4 with it being incompatible with old games, buy a new but soon obsolete ps3, or just a plain bluray player(each with declining cost). Went the middle route and got a ps3 so I don't need to buy new games I already own...ps4 is future proof but still at least 250$ more in overall cost yikes!
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

Works like a charm :)
jm2780
Audience Member

Post by jm2780 »

Happy to hear other US fans have taken the plunge and ordered the blu ray from Amazon.co.uk and have all been having good results. What I don't understand is why the listing on Amazon.co.uk is so misleading ... showing both the dvd and blu ray as "Region B" ... why doesn't it state that the blu ray is "REGION FREE"???? It would have saved everyone alot of confusion and hesitation about placing an order. If this had been plainly noted in the description right from the beginng I'm sure there would have been many US fans that would have pre-ordered their copies and have been enjoying them a couple weeks earlier than now.
mikey2573
Tall Boy

Post by mikey2573 »

Because Amazon.co.uk sells in the UK and the UK is region B, so all discs are labeled that. I got my BILLY ELLIOT THE MUSICAL blu-ray today and it works fine in my blu-ray player and my PS3. It was worth the cost and worth the wait. A fantastic video from beginning to end.
PartiallyGeorge
Ballet Girl

Post by PartiallyGeorge »

I can confirm it is region free - I simulated region 1 (US) on my PC and I checked the entire contents of the disc - everything should be playable by normal region A Blu-Ray players.
Je suis Charlie.
Lightman7
Small Boy

Post by Lightman7 »

Add me to the satisfied Amazon.UK Blu Ray customer list - finally got a chance to watch it tonight. It still doesn't beat going to the live show, but it is amazing! (And the views that you can't get in the theater are pure bonus!) This is a great companion to my glovearm copy of the US show.
tankntonic
Ballet Girl

Post by tankntonic »

And another happy blu-ray customer. Mine arrived yesterday from Amazon DE, it was shipped November 25th.
( I thought I was sooo smart ordering it before anyone else :( ).
It works perfectly and the lighting is much better than the in-theater version.
I cannot believe it, watching BETM from my own sofa !

Return to “Special Shows - London”