Billy Live Blu-ray/DVD

angelenroute
Billy

Re: Billy Live Blu-ray/DVD

Post by angelenroute »

porschesrule wrote:I received the following message from a non Forum member who asked me to post it here:

"...so I can see no reason why it
should not play on bluray equipment in North America..."
Well f*** a duck, I've taken the plunge! Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed that it works. Will let you know when it arrives sometime next month.

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
Bridget40
Tall Boy

Post by Bridget40 »

Yorkie wrote:
Bridget40 wrote:I was at the show the live broadcast was taken from, and there are a few things I noticed that were different on the DVD. I guess they must have taken bits from the earlier show they recorded, and just edited it in. On the day, during 'Born to Boogie' Elliot made a mistake with his skipping, but on the DVD it's perfect.

The edit is a different one from the cinema release, and much better. I wasn't sure if the recording of the show would work or not... I had my doubts, but it really is suberb.

Yes, I noticed the skipping too. Also in the live show 'George' flubbed one of his lines in the boxing scene & that has gone.

Still loving it second time through though
I really enjoyed watching it last night also. It was great to see Elliot's intro, which I missed when I saw the rerun at the cinema. He always struck me as a cheeky Billy, and he comes across that way in the intro segment. Also, I don't think you notice the editing at all, it's very seamless. They have done a great job, and everyone in the production must be very proud of it.

At the time I did wonder if they would edit 'Born to Boogie' because of the skipping. In fact, in the fourteen shows I have now seen, I think I have only seen one Billy not make a mistake with the rope, and that was Mitchell on his final night!
Eltonjohn
Miner

Post by Eltonjohn »

Jamie. wrote:I absolutely loved the final edit although the thing that annoyed me most is at the beginning of Dream Ballet when the Swan Lake music starts, it's cut off for a few seconds by applause which didn't happen in the cinemas. When in the film Billy plays the Swan Lake music in Wilks' car, the music always gives me goosebumps right from the first note and I don't get that with the Live DVD
So in the film the (Bourne) Swan Lake final scene is foreshadowed? (I must get the film DVD one of these days.)
BETM: "the most expensive school play ever."
Lee Hall
in Playbill October 2008
FanBilly
Small Boy

Post by FanBilly »

OliverWaters wrote:I'm pretty sure the DVD didn't have the "cooomiiiinnnggg" when Billy's dad was calling him.
Shame! that was in the cinema screening and I loved the way Elliott said it before flopping straight back into bed.
SolidarityForever
Small Boy

Post by SolidarityForever »

FanBilly wrote:
OliverWaters wrote:I'm pretty sure the DVD didn't have the "cooomiiiinnnggg" when Billy's dad was calling him.
Shame! that was in the cinema screening and I loved the way Elliott said it before flopping straight back into bed.
Yeah, I was at the VPT and saw the show there and I remember the way Elliott sarcastically moved his head along with the "coooomiiing". But oh well...
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

Well I took the plunge...will be getting it in 3 weeks or so it says.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I still want to know about the DVD. If anyone gives that a try, please let us know the results.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

Yes, if anyone gets the DVD please do tell.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
1RadBilly
Tall Boy

Post by 1RadBilly »

I found this site which says the UK blu-ray is region free...

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Billy-Ell ... ay/114035/
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Sean or Steven, or anyone else who has ordered this outside the UK, what are they charging for shipping it to you?

Return to “Special Shows - London”