The Audience - on Broadway

Chat about other shows here
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Audience - on Broadway

Post by ERinVA »

As Rich said, Tony Blair was mentioned, but not included as a character, in the original London production.

Last night at the screening, I was talking to my brother, saying that Tony Blair was not seen in the London production. We were seated behind a lady who said she had just seen the show, and he was in it. I asked if she had just seen it on Broadway, as I was a bit confused by her statement, and she said no, she had seen the London production in May. Now my confusion has been cleared up.

I have not seen the Broadway production, but from Chris's post, I gather that the Cecil Beaton photography session in the London production has become a full-blown coronation scene in the Broadway one. Can anyone tell us if that change has made it to the new West End show as well?

This all just goes to show that live theatre is a living, breathing thing that grows and changes, instead of a static art form. That is one of the reasons I love live theatre.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Discuss all other Shows - New York”