I HAVE A QUESTION?

For off-topic content
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: I HAVE A QUESTION?

Post by kport »

Mitchell and Redmand......I think Bradley........haven't seen Elliott yet. The last full-on 'street' Billy I saw was Harrison. Ali was street, too. The thing is, a 'blend' has crept in, allowing both ballet and street (Lex was 'street'). Which is great. It is not as black or white as it was. Everyone seems to have their own 'blend'.
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

Mitchell, Elliott and Redmand are all 'Ballet Billies', but Bradley's Electricity is somewhat of a mixture of Street and Ballet.
PartiallyGeorge
Ballet Girl

Post by PartiallyGeorge »

Bradley's Electricity is plain vanilla street Electricity, with only one difference from a standard one - there is no board for the final somersault. I suspect the board in question's worn out and they decided not to order another one.
Je suis Charlie.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

PartiallyGeorge wrote:there is no board for the final somersault. I suspect the board in question's worn out and they decided not to order another one.
I can't imagine they're that expensive . . . probably about the price of a balcony ticket. I would think it's more likely a safety concern or a case of Bradley not feeling comfortable doing the back flip.
Lola
Tall Boy

Post by Lola »

Hello people! Lots of you know all about the show the casting and so on so I think you can help me this one:
Was there ever a Billy called Kevin Geraghty? I'm super confused at the moment because he is listed on the "Billy Elliot the Musical casts" wikipedia page as one of the Broadway Billys. It also says his first performance had been the 20th December 2009 (one day after Daytons debut) and his final on 12th June 2010. Also: "Performed as Tall Boy. Played Billy only 15 times." Have you guys ever heard of him? I've never read or heard his name anywhere!
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Lola wrote:Was there ever a Billy called Kevin Geraghty?
There is no such person who ever played Billy. Consider the source...changes to articles on Wiki can be made by anyone, which is one reason why I decided to capture BETM casting information here: http://www.theskykid.com/billy-elliot-m ... rmation/2/ (scroll down to Broadway Billys and Tall Boys).
Lola
Tall Boy

Post by Lola »

Thanks, porschesrule! Yes, I consider your page the more believable source :D

(I couldn't find any confirmation on the internet and wiki had not one source as confirmation either, so I did not really believe it but it doesn't hurt to ask ;) )
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

Type his name and "Billy Elliot" into a search engine and you will find more than just the Wikipedia page. There are social media profiles in his name which claim he worked at the show. There are photos of him dancing and wearing a Billy Elliot T shirt. However, if he had been in the show, I would expect a Broadway World story marking his debut, not to mention that his name would appear in the tracking thread here.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Here's an interesting thought: Tall Boy's character's name is Kevin. When his dad, the scab, enters the hall at the beginning and says he told him not to come there, he calls him Kevin. 8-)
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Borrobil
Ballet Girl

Post by Borrobil »

OK thanks a lot Ervina, :x . Now you've left me with a more annoying question; can anyone work out Tall Boy Kevin's surname? :ugeek: His dad must be one of the scabs, at the roll call before Jackie goes to the pit head. Sommers, Davidson, Gormley or Tyne? and therefore which is his sister in the dance class? I'm sure Lee Hall's fantastic attention to detail will have all the roles linked in family groups, and I just can't sort them out, with everything else going on.

While you're at it UK Tall boy has 3 roles Kevin, Thomas(Posh) and "Boy from Barnardoes"in the Xmas scene or is that still Kevin? :? - (I can't remember the US version).
P.S. I had to look up almost all of those names, names aren't my thing.
~ Paul ~

Return to “General Chat”