Shaun Malone

Deanfan5
Ballet Girl

Re: Shaun Malone

Post by Deanfan5 »

I agree that it was not an easy programme to watch given the memories many of us have of Shaun as such a vibrant and cheeky Michael. His strength of spirit certainly shone through and this will no doubt be a major help to him in the future. I had the pleasure to meet and chat with Shaun's Mum a few times (although I guess she will not remember me) and I was very impressed with how she appears to be coping. Many a parent would have buckled under the pressure. My best wishes naturally go to Shaun for a full recovery but I do hope that his parents and siblings will also receive the level of support they deserve from the NHS and other relevant agencies in the difficult months that lie ahead for the family.
cadillac-crazy
Audience Member

Post by cadillac-crazy »

When I read on here about Shaun being ill in hospital I didn't really take in the gravity of just how serious it was until I saw Childrens Hospital last night-it was very upsetting seeing Shaun like that after always seeing him full of energy and humour. But Shaun is a very strong character and this will help him overcome these temporary problems and bounce back.Take care Shaun.
Dancer
Ballet Girl

Post by Dancer »

The programme was very sad but also uplifting as you could see that Shaun had not lost any of his sense of humour that shone through both on and off stage at the Victoria Palace and was determined to do all he could to recover from his illness. All the best to you Shaun, and your family, and I hope you make a full recovery.
jen
Miner

Post by jen »

Very hard to watch, It is a programme that I do watch when I remember. I did find this one even harder as Shaun was such a lively young man and to see his having to be lifted. However with a loving family Shaun's spirit and all the wonderful help at the hospital (The NHS can be very good) will all help Shaun on his long road to recovery.
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Very inspirational program. Encouraging to see the amount of progress he's made already. Here's hoping he continues to improve at the same rate in the coming months.
BILLYFAN
Debbie

Post by BILLYFAN »

I was upset to watch Shaun so very ill, and so inspirational as well,I only saw Shaun once as Micheal.
I'm sure that his courage and humour and the support from his family and from all of us will see him get better
Best of luck,Shaun, and get better soon!.
AmiB
Audience Member

Post by AmiB »

I watch Children's Hospital every week and I sadly haven't been on this forum for a long time nor have I since seen Billy Elliot, in fact in my last performance, Shaun was playing Michael. I have just sat down to catch up this week's episode and the fact that it was Shaun sending shivers down my spine did not dawn on me until half way through the program when the camera showed his room and there was a picture of him when he was younger and suddenly it hit me. It is so sad to see him like this and even before I knew who it was, it was very hard to watch. Especially since my last memories of Shaun were his skirt-covered legs tapping faster than the eye could see in Express. As soon as the episode finished, I had to log on to here to see if my worst fears were confirmed.

I think Children's Hospital did Shaun well by not bringing up Billy Elliot or any of his past successes on stage or screen because that could have been seen as cruel and maybe even rubbing in how far back this illness has put him. However I have all the faith that Shaun will recover fully and here's wishing Shaun and all the Malone family a speedy recovery.

Amy B
"Fetch me a looking glass"
tzwicky
George

Episode was excellent and not churlish at all.

Post by tzwicky »

The TV episode was excellent and not at all churlish which is what I was expecting when I realized what was unfolding on screen.

Just the facts. None of the "Doesn't this make you feel (fill in any blank situation)..." like an American production would output.

Hey, and without any prodding at all, I blubbered through most of the episode. But good blubbering, actually.

Had the subject been almost any other person than the charismatic and talented Shaun, it would have probably been something that would haunt me for the next 10 hours.

I have GOT to modify the way I interact and digest the forum website. I would have missed this whole subject, and I would not be planning prayers for healing "as soon as I find out how to say them" after the long deceased Mother Angelica explains how I should do it. (are they never going to film this series with a living person?)

Huge piles of positive thoughts to the Malone Family!

Shauny Boy, you remain am amazing bit of my otherwise appallingly extended life.

tzwicky
Born to Boogie
Tall Boy

Post by Born to Boogie »

I have been asked by Shaun’s mum if I would thank Forum members and Billy fans for their very welcome kind thoughts and best wishes following Shaun’s appearance on Children’s Hospital. Since the episode was filmed Shaun has returned home and has made good progress. There will be a follow-up episode of Children’s Hospital towards the end of March which will feature the progress which Shaun has made since the earlier episode was screened.

I know that we all continue to admire Shaun’s courage and determination and that we all wish him well for his continued recovery.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for relaying that message, Born to Boogie. It's good to know that he is progressing well.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Cast - London”