How are you feeling today, did anything make you smile?

AJ HOLDEN
Tall Boy

Re: How are you feeling today, did anything make you smile?

Post by AJ HOLDEN »

I thoroughly enjoyed Rhys's last show and decided for the first time to take advantage of the photo amnesty at the final curtain. Adhereing to the strict rules about no flash and only taking pictures after the penultimate curtain drop etc I contrived to take four fantastic photos. The first picture spectacularly co-incided with the confetti bomb and just showed a bright flash, the second and third just showed all the confetti as it fell although if you squint I think you can make out the stage and my last photo showed small boys feet as the curtain reached the floor. One for the album.

Alex.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Seeing the new Youtube of Giuseppe singing the National Anthem at the Blazer's game with such heartfelt respect and reverence gave me a smile......just as well as it seems all the other news flying around is definitely frown-making!
atreyu
George

Post by atreyu »

Successfully making arrangements to attend what is expected to be Tade Biesinger's Broadway debut as well as Alex Ko's finale on May 15th is making me smile today. :D Especially after spending 1.5 hours grinding through 65 video clips of my brother's trip to England since he doesn't believe in still photos anymore. :roll:
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

Sad that my first Billython came and went so fast. It sure was amazing while it lasted. It's just so surreal now, like I can't believe it happened. What makes me smile though is the fact that my brother wakes up every morning listening to the BETM soundtrack and my mom is and addict as well. She told me she was telling everyone about it on the plane ride home and everyone she talked to wanted to see it. :D
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
tzwicky
George

C-Span2

Post by tzwicky »

I have smiled through the entire 30 minutes of Prime Minister's Questions.

Three cheers for John Bercow (Speaker of the Commons in Parliament for non-Brits). I love the way he EXCLAIMS "Ed Miliband!!!". Every word Bercow says is perfectly enunciated. He should do a English language guide for Kindle for when it speaks. Stephen Hawking or John Bercow?

And then there's the entire Commons making all the bleating sounds while MPs speak. The US Congress is so tight and regimented, nothing is ever said that's of any interest.

Oh, I also learned the word "spiv." Love that one.

(and what is with that little tuft of white hair on Ed Miliban's fine head of black hair?)

tzwicky
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

''Are we downhearted?'' ''Not really'' (where have I heard those words before).

I know one thing that will make me smile today. When I pick up my grandson ( nearly 8 years old) from school later,after he has been on a school trip to the seaside and then listening to him tell me all about what he got up to with his classmates. Priceless.

dancingboy
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

This did not make me smile, but I didn't feel a great sense of loss, and in fact I feel lucky: My former neighbor called me on July 4 to tell me that the condo building in which I owned my last home from 1986-2005 burned to the ground on the night of July 3. Supposedly a stray illegal firework exploded in a bush near the building. :(
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
tzwicky
George

ER, how are you with lottery numbers?

Post by tzwicky »

ER, how are you with lottery numbers?

Sounds like you'd be the person at the moment to pick out one.

tzwicky
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

Rant deleted. It was too depressing.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Return to “Non-BETM Archive”