BETM coming to Chicago March 2010

dancinboi
Small Boy

Re: BETM coming to Chicago March 2010

Post by dancinboi »

Has anyone heard about casting for Dad? Some time, back when it was thought that the next production would be in San Francisco, I read that Greg Jabara would be moving on to play Dad there and anchoring that show. Do we know if he will be going to Chicago? Any word?
NYC: David x3, Trent x9, Kiril x9, Tommy x1, Tanner x2, Alex x1, Dayton x1
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I don't think there is any indication that he will move from NY.

As soon as there is anything out there in the press about other casting for Chicago, we will be sure to put it on here.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

An interview with Stephen Daldry at the press announcement for the three Chicago Billys. There is also some footage of Tommy doing Electricity but with no sound :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB2SoltU4tk
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

Actually there IS sound...its just very faintly under the interview :( And Ive never seen a roll like that in Electricity before :shock:

Steven
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Leon did a roll, but not exactly like that.

Thanks for finding and posting that, Billy Whiz! Tommy was looking GREAT!! :D And yes, I could hear the sound as he danced, but only faintly.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
tzwicky
George

What about the atomic cicada?

Post by tzwicky »

The sound was awful, though I could certainly hear the music that Tommy was dancing too.

Glad I finally got to see Tommy dancing and looking all ginger and super-cute, instead of just super-cute and in-waiting.

Good catch on the Leon Roll. I've seen it in person, too, as Leon is one of my most-seen Billys. Nice to see them trotting it out with/for another Billy.

But did anyone get what sounded like an atomic sized cicada sound running throughout the whole video?????

Very annoying. Perhaps it's a Mid-western thing. Ya know, an hour in the wrong direction and all that so the sound never quite synchs.

tzwicky
(Hooray for the first South Florida Billy)
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

StevenKing wrote:Actually there IS sound...its just very faintly under the interview
You're right Steven. I watched the video with headphones whilst having the TV playing as well. The sound of the TV must have drowned out the background music.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
bdbop
Small Boy

Post by bdbop »

Greg told me on Saturday that he will be appearing in NYC for at least one more year. However, he will have more time off, especially in the spring (as much as 2-3 months off, or at least very limited engagements).

Bart
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

bdbop wrote:Greg told me on Saturday that he will be appearing in NYC for at least one more year. However, he will have more time off, especially in the spring (as much as 2-3 months off, or at least very limited engagements).

Bart
Billy will be open at least anouther year??...Nah it'll tank soon i predict a closing announcment in spring...oops sorry too much BWW for me :lol: :lol: :lol: Billy can never close...it's one of the few reasons Broadway numbers havent totally collasped this year.(Gregs signed a full year extension? Sweet)

Steven
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

I know the previews start March 18 but was wondering if anyone had heard when the official opening night will be in Chicago . . . . .

Return to “Chat about Billy Elliot the Musical - Chicago”